Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VIII: Is actually an eight-brained octopoid monster from Planet Ånge

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Mark Stone isn't worth 7 million, are you insane?

PPG winger with fantastic two-way acumen.

He's a top 5 player at his position in the league.

He’s gonna get more than 7 he’s making now probably closer to 8/9 million

I don’t think he’s worth the 8/9 million he’s gonna get for the canucks

Reactions: THE Green Man

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I would be very hesitant to sign any free agents to big money contracts given the dead weight we're carrying and the risk of the Luongo penalty

There won’t be a Luongo penalty. He won’t retire anytime soon but if he does we can just acquire him via trade for a pick and park him on LTIR until his contract runs out.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I would rather sign Panarin to play with Petey. Stone would be nice on the 2nd line next to Horvat. Karlsson would be nice too.

Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser
Goldobin - Horvat- Stone
Dahlen- Gaudette - Virtanen
Roussell Sutter- Beagle

Edler -Karlsson
Hutton - Hughes
Juolevi- Tanev
Stecher- Gudranson

Markstrom Demko

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
I would rather sign Panarin to play with Petey. Stone would be nice on the 2nd line next to Horvat. Karlsson would be nice too.

Goldobin - Horvat- Stone
Roussell Sutter- Beagle

Edler -Karlsson
Hutton - Hughes
Juolevi- Tanev
Stecher- Gudranson

Markstrom Demko

You just have to sign the best defensman in the last decade and two top 15 wingers without giving up anything. Should be easy enough. :D

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver

Goldobin - Horvat- Stone
Roussell Sutter- Beagle

Edler -Karlsson
Hutton - Hughes
Juolevi- Tanev
Stecher- Gudranson

Markstrom Demko
What happened to Eriksson, Shaller, Baertshi ?

That team is over the cap by millions BTW

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
TSN must’ve heard the criticism, they just ran a segment comparing Pettersson’s goal to Gretzky’s against the Flames.

Also ran the Canucks highlights as the very first package on a night where the Sens, Leafs and Habs (TSN exclusive rights teams) played.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Looking at the '19 FA class. A name that stands out as a potential EP winger is Jacob Silfverberg (SWE). He's 28, and has yet to truly breakout in the NHL. It probably doesn't help that most of the time his centre has been Kesler, who isn't the best playmaker.

His shot is his best quality, and he is also solid defensively. I think his skating is his biggest shortcoming, which probably means that we won't target him, but it's an interesting thought.

I doubt he will be resigned. He may even be traded by the deadline.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Goldobin - Horvat- Stone
Roussell Sutter- Beagle

Edler -Karlsson
Hutton - Hughes
Juolevi- Tanev
Stecher- Gudranson

Markstrom Demko

seeing as you left out eriksson,

A team with gudbranson and eriksson, the additions you mentioned, and the costs to re-sign the players you included... we would be over 90m in cap lol.

Projection is 81-85.

Maybe if you can dump Eriksson/Gudbranson and one of Schaller, Roussell, and Beagle, it is even remotely possible.

Not to mention, all those contracts will be albatross after the 5th year.

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
Looking at the '19 FA class. A name that stands out as a potential EP winger is Jacob Silfverberg (SWE). He's 28, and has yet to truly breakout in the NHL. It probably doesn't help that most of the time his centre has been Kesler, who isn't the best playmaker.

His shot is his best quality, and he is also solid defensively. I think his skating is his biggest shortcoming, which probably means that we won't target him, but it's an interesting thought.

I doubt he will be resigned. He may even be traded by the deadline.
Silfverberg isn't a player that you give up that easy. Just as Pettersson he won SHL MVP + SHL playoffs MVP. If I'm not mistaken he scored the most playoff goals ever with 13 goals, beating Alfredsson.
Silfverberg excells in the playoffs. SHL regular career 0.65 PPG, SHL playoffs career 0.84 PPG.
NHL regular career 0.51 PPG, NHL playoffs career 0.65 PPG.

4 Last seasons for Silfverberg:
167 points in 319 games = 0.52 PPG (REGULAR)
39 points in 44 games = 0.89 PPG (PLAYOFFS)

If he's up for grabs, get him.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Silfverberg isn't a player that you give up that easy. Just as Pettersson he won SHL MVP + SHL playoffs MVP. If I'm not mistaken he scored the most playoff goals ever with 13 goals, beating Alfredsson.
Silfverberg excells in the playoffs. SHL regular career 0.65 PPG, SHL playoffs career 0.84 PPG.
NHL regular career 0.51 PPG, NHL playoffs career 0.65 PPG.

4 Last seasons for Silfverberg:
167 points in 319 games = 0.52 PPG (REGULAR)
39 points in 44 games = 0.89 PPG (PLAYOFFS)

If he's up for grabs, get him.

I agree. But.. For a player that is supposed to be a goal scorer, he has yet to eclipse 23 goals, despite playing nearly all 82 games each year. He is now 28, and with the way things are going for the penny pinching Ducks, I have a hard time seeing them offer much more than his current AAV ($3.75m). It's likely that he could net between $5.5-6m on the open market, and for the reasons you have pointed out, I'd hope the Canucks would be one of those teams in on him. With a true playmaker, that is also a Swede, it'd be very interesting to see what he can accomplish.

Anyways, if the Ducks continue to suck, I think this is a topic that will be discussed in detail around the TDL.

EDIT: Ducks board seem to think it's possible he will be moved -https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/jakob-silfverberg-ii.2049991/page-8

Last edited:

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Hopefully Boeser is back soon so EP can convert some goals to assists and we can stop hearing about his shooting %.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He’s gonna get more than 7 he’s making now probably closer to 8/9 million

I don’t think he’s worth the 8/9 million he’s gonna get for the canucks

He is like a Bergeron of the wing position. If we could lock him as long term wingman for Horvat / Pettersson I would be absolutely extatic.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I finally Found it, It took a little awhile, but the legendary bad caller (dave from langley) who is now a giant meme on sportsnet 650 call.

Absolutely 100% must listen. (Audio is not great tho, since it's just outputting from the website)

here it is lmao

1:40 onward is incredible

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I would give Stone 9 mil in an instant... there's so much trash on this team, signing truly good players would be a nice change for once.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I finally Found it, It took a little awhile, but the legendary bad caller (dave from langley) who is now a giant meme on sportsnet 650 call.

Absolutely 100% must listen. (Audio is not great tho, since it's just outputting from the website)

here it is lmao

Wow.... That's beyond words.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

here it is lmao

amusing. From Burnaby isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad