Elias Pettersson Milestone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
You’re saying if McDavid has 0 secondary assists this year you won’t change your claim?

Here’s a quote from TSN about secondary assists...

I am saying the ignoring 2nd assists completely goes against the connection between elite playmaking and generating offense for your team.

It presumes that a great playmaker can only influence scoring with a direct assist when the stats clearly show this is not the case.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Petterson is a special player. Happy for the Canucks, they have themselves a franchise player. Looking forward to their resurgence in the next couple of years.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Nor is P/60 the stat either. He needs more time regardless to try to position him against others. If he is as good as his P/60 makes him out to be, TOI should be irrelevant as it is with the elite offensive forwards in the league.

P60 may or may not, but there is no question that it is better than PPG when comparing players with significantly different TOI.

But I think we are mostly in agreement on the result of any analysis - need to pump the brakes, no one is currently in McDavid's class and no amount of cherry-picking stats will change that.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Pettersson is 27th in the league in points per game. Let's pump the breaks. Incredible player, maybe even a top 10 guy in a year or two, but he's a rookie. Is anyone calling Barzal one of the best players in the league? They're producing similar numbers in their rookie seasons.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Pettersson is 27th in the league in points per game. Let's pump the breaks. Incredible player, maybe even a top 10 guy in a year or two, but he's a rookie. Is anyone calling Barzal one of the best players in the league? They're producing similar numbers in their rookie seasons.

Pump the brakes.

Don't slam the brakes.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
If McDavid was as good as you’re implying his team wouldn’t be where it is, there I said it. He’s the leader of that team and he’s leading it to the basement. I question his character and intangibles and some Oiler fans have started to do the same. Pettersson on the other hand has almost singlehandedly propelled the Canucks to a playoff team when they should’ve been in the basement. He has a higher P1/60 than McDavid, a Better shot, better hockey sense and better in every way except skating.
Let me make sure I have this straight:

51 points in 53 games (Oilers) = Basement
54 points in 54 games (Canucks) = Playoff Team

Got it!:thumbu:

Reactions: StDevs

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sk8M8

Randyne

May 20, 2012
McDavid is on pace to 101 primary points. Last players scored more than 100 primary points in a season were Ovechkin in 2007-08 and Lemieux in 1995-96.

Reactions: DitchMarner

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
I understand the OP made this thread to insult Pettersson by pointing out his low ice-time but the guy is still a rookie.

Sure, he might not have the drive as true top-tier players but he's still got time to improve. His natural talent, even if he doesn't want to work on his cardio, should allow him to have a Kovalev type career.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I understand the OP made this thread to insult Pettersson by pointing out his low ice-time but the guy is still a rookie.

Sure, he might not have the drive as true top-tier players but he's still got time to improve. His natural talent, even if he doesn't want to work on his cardio, should allow him to have a Kovalev type career.

Kovalev had amazing cardio. I think he will be consistently better than Kovalev though.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
EP has accomplished less than both and is rated above both on here lol

Not everyone ranks them ahead of those two but he certainly does have the potential to be above them. He has played better than Matthews has while playing with a far worse offensive support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad