Elias Pettersson Milestone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It remains to be seen. Doubt his sh% will drop as much as some people (in general people who never watch him play) think and his on ice sh% isn’t very high even.

He’s also been recovering from 2 injuries that really affected his play coming back both times. I don’t even think his point totals reflect his play tbh. His level of play this season, outside of the recovery periods and stretches of key team injuries, his level has been at Art Ross/Hart level already.

He's shooting at 27.6%. It's going to drop by at least 10 points. I'll be shocked if his shooting above 20% next season.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
How many stats do you have to got thru to establish P1/60 as the ultimate metric? Two, three or four?

Let's see,

1. Total points
2. PPG to account for injuries
3. P/60 to account for different TOI
4. P1/60 to account for P/60 not fitting a narrative

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
How many stats do you have to got thru to establish P1/60 as the ultimate metric? Two, three or four?

Let's see,

1. Total points
2. PPG to account for injuries
3. P/60 to account for different TOI
4. P1/60 to account for P/60 not fitting a narrative

Last step is where you stopped trying to be objective. There’s an obvious reason why primary points are valued more than secondary points by everyone who knows what they’re talking about.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
He's shooting at 27.6%. It's going to drop by at least 10 points. I'll be shocked if his shooting above 20% next season.

Doesn't necessarily mean his goal total next season will drop. I don't have any stats but I'm pretty certain the average player increases his shot totals from season 1 to season 2.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Remember when Canucks fans had 3 of the best 2 goalies in the world, with Luongo, Schneider, and Lack? I do.

And the bestest most smartest GM in the history of the Universe, Mike Gillis, who lost all 3 for nothing? :laugh:

I get your point lots of Canucks fans over rate everything Canucks but Pettersson is actually the real deal and not being overhyped at all.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Doesn't necessarily mean his goal total next season will drop. I don't have any stats but I'm pretty certain the average player increases his shot totals from season 1 to season 2.

Yeah, he might be able to score at the same rate. But he won't be shooting anywhere near 27,6%

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
Remember when Canucks fans had 3 of the best 2 goalies in the world, with Luongo, Schneider, and Lack? I do.

We have to only go back to last year when Boeser was one of the best players in NHL, only bad linemates was stopping him for being in top 5 in points. Well glad he has Pettersson in his line now.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
And the bestest most smartest GM in the history of the Universe, Mike Gillis, who lost all 3 for nothing? :laugh:

I get your point lots of Canucks fans over rate everything Canucks but Pettersson is actually the real deal and not being overhyped at all.

He’s not overhyped by most but people like you make him have a general perception on these boards of being overhyped.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

When you say you wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league, real deal or not, you're doing exactly that.

Reactions: Dialamo and Love

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
McDavid makes over 12x the money Pettey makes

Dude really? He is on an ELC. Given the contracts being given out he is going to be making more than McDavid and likely expiring around the same time as his current deal. I'd trade anyone for McDavid. His contract is a steal and he is clearly the undeniable best player in the league.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
But you won't be shocked if he completes his rookie season over 20% (which is a distinct possibility) ?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
McDavid makes over 12x the money Pettey makes
And you know that's temporary, right? In two years when McDavid is still far, far, far better, and Petterson is getting paid marginally less, it won't matter.

And at this point, for the Canucks, it doesn't really matter, because they're not anywhere near ready to contend.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad