Proposal: Elias Lindholm to Minnesota

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
just for shits and giggles, would any Calgary fans trade him for Nylander straight up?

Nylander is 2 years younger and slightly better offensively, but Lindholm is much better defensively and is much better in the C spot.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
just for shits and giggles, would any Calgary fans trade him for Nylander straight up?

Nylander is 2 years younger and slightly better offensively, but Lindholm is much better defensively and is much better in the C spot.
So they are trading a guy much better defensively for a guy slightly better at offense and two years younger 1 for 1 got it. The much versus a little makes me think no.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

I wouldn’t. What’s the point of making what is at best a lateral move? Imo they only trade Lindholm if they’re going for a scorched earth rebuild in which case they’d want picks and prospects back

To be honest though I’d hold onto Lindholm and Tkachuk and move on from Monahan and Gaudreau, unless teams were willing to overpay for the first two

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I co-sign it, Kaprizov has already had a game winning impact more times in this partial single season than Eichel has had in his career. You can say he has all the skill in the world but he averages 10 strides a shift, turns it over on lazy plays and never does anything in late game situations to help his team win. Eichel is a negative contract value player at this point in time who hasn't won a single thing as an adult hockey player.

Obviously its not going to be a popular take, but I would rather build a winning team around KK than JE, let alone throw in Fiala, Dumba, and Rossi.

This is way off topic though, I agree that both these teams make terrible trade partners. No real point in moving forward with the absurd requests.

Easily the worst take on Eichel I have ever seen, and using a small sample size and recency bias to talk up Kaprizov, are you new to hockey? Or are you really this out of touch?

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
So they are trading a guy much better defensively for a guy slightly better at offense and two years younger 1 for 1 got it. The much versus a little makes me think no.

yeah the gap defensively is bigger than the gap offensively. that was my point though. sacrifice defense for offense.

No, that Lindholm contract is awesome.

agree

I wouldn’t. What’s the point of making what is at best a lateral move? Imo they only trade Lindholm if they’re going for a scorched earth rebuild in which case they’d want picks and prospects back

To be honest though I’d hold onto Lindholm and Tkachuk and move on from Monahan and Gaudreau, unless teams were willing to overpay for the first two

same. i think those guys are better overall players than the other 2. if Calgary goes through a rebuild (which they probably wont) they should hold onto those 2.

i agree its a lateral move without much purpose. i wouldnt do it from our side either. just wondering what you guys thought.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
yeah the gap defensively is bigger than the gap offensively. that was my point though. sacrifice defense for offense.

agree

same. i think those guys are better overall players than the other 2. if Calgary goes through a rebuild (which they probably wont) they should hold onto those 2.

i agree its a lateral move without much purpose. i wouldnt do it from our side either. just wondering what you guys thought.
Why wouldn't the leaves do it. If Lindholm is the better player, the gap between d and o is bigger, and has a better contract?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Kaprizov is a great young player and probably wins the Calder but saying he is as good as a top 10 center in the leahue the same ave as him is just a bit of an exaggeration dobt you think?

That isn't what I am talking about. Great players don't sucker punch Joel Eriksson Ek for playing defense

Kaprizov has done way more in a short amount of time in Minnesota than Eichel.

Whether you believe it or not is on you

Wild aren't trading kaprizov under any circumstances

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
That is the baseline for a conversation, as in a vague value standpoint for any sort of talk to start. Rossi and 2 1st's is the value of 3 first round picks, Kaprizov has the about the value of a 1st (depending on where that pick falls in a draft), that is exactly the value Buffalo would be looking for.

Nice to know you don't know anything about kaprizov. To think kaprizov has the value of a middle 1st round pick, or 2nd round pick is beyond comical

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Why wouldn't the leaves do it. If Lindholm is the better player, the gap between d and o is bigger, and has a better contract?
like it was established, it would be a lateral move. Nylander is a better goal scorer and offensive player and works better with our guys.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That isn't what I am talking about. Great players don't sucker punch Joel Eriksson Ek for playing defense

This is actually 100% true, since Eichel hasn't done anything in Minnesota.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
like it was established, it would be a lateral move. Nylander is a better goal scorer and offensive player and works better with our guys.
I understand it alot more from Calgary's no as isn't To right next to the cap so getting the cheaper player would give you more cap space. Also I see D more of a problem for TO than scoring. I also think the physicality of Lindholm benefits TO a lot.

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
I understand it alot more from Calgary's no as isn't To right next to the cap so getting the cheaper player would give you more cap space. Also I see D more of a problem for TO than scoring. I also think the physicality of Lindholm benefits TO a lot.
I think TO would have to sweeten the pot. maybe a 2nd?

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
eh, in a vacuum Lindholm might have a little more value but i dont see the point. if we needed a center i would maybe do it but he would just be alongside Tavares as is Nylander, and i dont see him producing any more. i think the answer here is neither team does it, which is kind of which i expected. its very close and a swap wouldnt serve much purpose.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Yes and the fact that he is older than Eichel was when he first started, plays a less important position, isn't relied on nearly as much to carry the team, small sample size,
recency bias, etc. those play no role in your comparison.....hmmmmm, maybe remove those rose coloured (Kaprizov) glasses your wearing bud? You are really sounding ridiculous here.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Lol

Lindholm >>> Nylander.

Elias has produced at a 70+ point pace here in Calgary over his 185 games as an all situational player and providing significantly better defense than Willie. He is also on a much better contract.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Isn't that what you did when you said Buffalo wouldn't mind taking on cap dumps?

Yes and he did the same back to justify hisopinion, one certainly isn't more likely then the other, and if they truly want to build a great team and trade away there most important chip, I'm sure they would be willing to take back a cap dump if it meant getting the right pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam da bomb

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yes and you did the same back to justify your opinion, one certainly isn't more likely then the other, and if they truly want to build a great team and trade away there most important chip, I'm sure they would be willing to take back a cap dump if it meant getting the right pieces.

Do you know how to differentiate posters? Most of them have unique names and profile pictures you can look at to quickly determine if you're talking to the same poster or a different one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad