Proposal: Elias Lindholm to Minnesota

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
1) he’s hurt again
2) he’s a $10m cap hit. Not a lot of teams can simply add the 11th highest cap hit in a tight cap environment.
3) the supposed asking price is 4 1st round picks. 2 1st’s, Rossi and Kaprizov is rather substantially more than that asking price.

Ledge And Dairy

1) he’s hurt again
2) he’s a $10m cap hit. Not a lot of teams can simply add the 11th highest cap hit in a tight cap environment.
3) the supposed asking price is 4 1st round picks. 2 1st’s, Rossi and Kaprizov is rather substantially more than that asking price.
That is the baseline for a conversation, as in a vague value standpoint for any sort of talk to start. Rossi and 2 1st's is the value of 3 first round picks, Kaprizov has the about the value of a 1st (depending on where that pick falls in a draft), that is exactly the value Buffalo would be looking for.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We will keep Lindy, thanks for coming out though. Not even a stretch to say he is our best player.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It’s probably pretty darn close
Blue chip prospect and 2 1sts is pretty darn close to the reported ask of 4 1st round equivalents
And while someone may offer more value there’s not a penny of cap dump in that offer

Most who are interested would offer more, then one blue chipper, and two mid to low 1st rounders in one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.

Context is important here, those 1st rounders simply don't have the same value this year because of the overall lack of quality, many on here don't seem to get that.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Most who are interested would offer more, then one blue chipper, and two mid to low 1st rounders in one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.

Context is important here, those 1st rounders simply don't have the same value this year because of the overall lack of quality, many on here don't seem to get that.

Draft is weak at the top, where these picks won’t be. After that, hard to say. It’s the scouting that throws the biggest wrench into things this year though.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kinda funny putting that way...

I am not saying the wild should/shouldn't offer the above but to prove a point:

Lindy
54 points in 70 games last year.

on pace for 67 this year (if considering 82 game season)

Fiala - never cracked 55 points.
Dumba - 30-40 point dman
Rossi - TBD - first round pick
This is cherry picking stats out of contexts Lindholm has 54 points in 70 games last year... Fiala also had 54.. in 64 games. Lindholms on a 67 point pace, Fiala was on a 70 point pace past year. I don’t disagree that Lindholm is the more valuable asset because he has a 2, becoming 3, year track record as a top-line guy, but I just thought it was funny how you portrayed their respective stats

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This is cherry picking stats out of contexts Lindholm has 54 points in 70 games last year... Fiala also had 54.. in 64 games. Lindholms on a 67 point pace, Fiala was on a 70 point pace past year. I don’t disagree that Lindholm is the more valuable asset because he has a 2, becoming 3, year track record as a top-line guy, but I just thought it was funny how you portrayed their respective stats

To be fair, you’re using Fiala’s stats from the same year to match up with 2 different years of Lindholm’s. Seems twisted towards our direction.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
This is not co-signed by any other Minnesota fans here.
I co-sign it, Kaprizov has already had a game winning impact more times in this partial single season than Eichel has had in his career. You can say he has all the skill in the world but he averages 10 strides a shift, turns it over on lazy plays and never does anything in late game situations to help his team win. Eichel is a negative contract value player at this point in time who hasn't won a single thing as an adult hockey player.

Obviously its not going to be a popular take, but I would rather build a winning team around KK than JE, let alone throw in Fiala, Dumba, and Rossi.

This is way off topic though, I agree that both these teams make terrible trade partners. No real point in moving forward with the absurd requests.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I co-sign it, Kaprizov has already had a game winning impact more times in this partial single season than Eichel has had in his career. You can say he has all the skill in the world but he averages 10 strides a shift, turns it over on lazy plays and never does anything in late game situations to help his team win. Eichel is a negative contract value player at this point in time who hasn't won a single thing as an adult hockey player.

Obviously its not going to be a popular take, but I would rather build a winning team around KK than JE, let alone throw in Fiala, Dumba, and Rossi.

This is way off topic though, I agree that both these teams make terrible trade partners. No real point in moving forward with the absurd requests.

You have a really inflated idea of what Kaprizov has done this year, and I really like Kaprizov.

Ledge And Dairy

Im not sure if you are serious here? Buffalo is on what a 16 game loosing streak? Eichel hasn't played in 12 games. He's a top 10 center in the league so saying his contract is negative value is a fundamentally flawed statement. If Eichel is a negative value player he's the best negative value player in the world and I would trade anything for my team to acquire him. Eichel singlehanded controls the game when he's on the ice. Buffalo can't get it out of their zone without him.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017

Sure
And they would offer tens of millions of dollars in cap dumps too

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Sure
And they would offer tens of millions of dollars in cap dumps too
I doubt if a rebuilding team, which Buffalo will be without Eichel, is really worried about taking a few cap dumps when they can get another highly coveted prospect. If Buf doesn't spend the money the fans will be extremely upset with them for being cheap. It's also not like they need the money to bring in UFA's teams like Wpg, Minnesota, Buf, are hardly high on the list as locations for coveted ufa. I know minnesota has had more success in the past than the other 2.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
I doubt if a rebuilding team, which Buffalo will be without Eichel, is really worried about taking a few cap dumps when they can get another highly coveted prospect. If Buf doesn't spend the money the fans will be extremely upset with them for being cheap. It's also not like they need the money to bring in UFA's teams like Wpg, Minnesota, Buf, are hardly high on the list as locations for coveted ufa. I know minnesota has had more success in the past than the other 2.
They can get futures for cap dumps in other ways if they want
Plenty of bad contracts out there

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They can get futures for cap dumps in other ways if they want
Plenty of bad contracts out there
Yep but my point is I don't think they are going to be selling Eichel for a blue chip and 2 1sts just because there are no cap dumps in the deal. Sorry. Especially when you look at the other offers on here. Especially when it sounds like their big interest is a centre which Rossi is not.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yep but my point is I don't think they are going to be selling Eichel for a blue chip and 2 1sts just because there are no cap dumps in the deal. Sorry. Especially when you look at the other offers on here. Especially when it sounds like their big interest is a centre which Rossi is not.

Well this is news to everyone but you

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well this is news to everyone but you
Surprise. I saved you the whole post I read bout how the person brought a whole team history bout ROR into it etc if you read the various eichel posts on here.
Also let’s you know where ur proposal stands versus others and this is a lowball offer.
A bit high for lindholm way too low for eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad