Proposal: Elias Lindholm to Minnesota

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Calgary is "blowing it up" and looking more for futures:

Rask (cap, 1 yr @ $4m remaining)
Pittsburgh 2021 1st
Minnesota 2021 1st

Picks are probably going to be in the 15-25 range in a weird scouting year. More? Less?

Bond

May 10, 2012
No thanks. Put in some real quality.
Calgary is definitely going to re-tool first and even they were rebuilding they would get a better offer than that.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
No thanks. Put in some real quality.
Calgary is definitely going to re-tool first and even they were rebuilding they would get a better offer than that.

What sort of players would you be looking for in return? I think I would give up more for Lindholm than most MN fans. What are the needs in Calgary?

Bond

May 10, 2012
What sort of players would you be looking for in return? I think I would give up more for Lindholm than most MN fans. What are the needs in Calgary?
I am guessing they would trade away Monahan and have Lindholm stick around but good RHS RWs and another top 6 center are the biggest needs.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Calgary is still going for it then?
Hired Sutter and signed Markstrom. Right or wrong my guess is that they ride out Sutter's contract and blown it up at the end of it. Only way they fully rebuild is if Markstrom turns into a complete dud.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hired Sutter and signed Markstrom. Right or wrong my guess is that they ride out Sutter's contract and blown it up at the end of it. Only way they fully rebuild is if Markstrom turns into a complete dud.

Alright. I wasn't sure. Actually, I forgot about the whole Markstrom thing.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am guessing they would trade away Monahan and have Lindholm stick around but good RHS RWs and another top 6 center are the biggest needs.

We don't have these in our lineup much less a surplus of them. I mean, we run Victor Rask, and Nick Bjugstadt out there at C every night. Not exactly what one would consider top 6, or even, "NHL Level"

I assume a $6M RHD is of no interest? (Dumba)

Bond

May 10, 2012
We don't have these in our lineup much less a surplus of them. I assume a $6M RHD is of no interest? (Dumba)
I am not the GM but trading Lindholm would leave us with Monahan and Backlund as the Flames top centers and Dumba won't make push them over the top. Would require flipping Monahan and Gaudreau for another center.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If I am Calgary I'd ask for Rossi or hang up the phone. Given Rossi situation with how long it's gonna take for him to be up to 100% strength and building his skating back up because soon he'll be going 18+ months without any hockey games, it means he won't helping Minnesota any time soon and may need a full year in the juniors or AHL to see that he's NHL ready.

Minnesota improves their team now with trading him.

For Calgary they get a guy who won't eat a year on his ELC for at least 1 more year while they can stockpile more talent. Rossi is better than a late or mid 1st.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'd absolutely do Rossi + both '21 1sts + Rask (cap) for Lindholm. He's legit the exact type of C the Wild need to go after because there's no way we have enough for Eichel.

Edit: also would do Rossi + Dumba + earlier '21 1st if that would work too.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I'd absolutely do Rossi + both '21 1sts + Rask (cap) for Lindholm. He's legit the exact type of C the Wild need to go after because there's no way we have enough for Eichel.

Edit: also would do Rossi + Dumba + earlier '21 1st if that would work too.

Those don't seem that bad, but then Calgary has decisions come ED

Anderson, Hanifin, Dumba, Tanev, Gio.
Valimaki is exempt i think?

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Who is Rossi and who is Dumba in the ROR package?

Thompson is your obvious comparable to Rossi. Yeah he didn't turn out, but he was a 1st round pick coming off a good WJC. And yeah no one is really Dumba, but I never said it equalled the trade. I said it was about the same. Our '21 1sts are both gonna be later so not much different than a 1st and 2nd. Then Sobotka and Berglund are lower value than Dumba. Either way Lindholm has shown a little more than ROR had at that time of the trade and is younger.

Dumba has to go somewhere if we're gonna get a 1C. I'd prefer the deal of Rossi + Dumba + earlier 1st, but no chance we keep Dumba and make a trade for a 1C.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad