Eichel or Matthews

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
since people don’t read every page I’ll post this again from a few pages ago looking at both guys who have been phenomenal this year:

——-Matthews vs Eichel 19-20 NHL Season by the numbers:

as of February 15th Saturday 4pm pacific (when I did this)

Total Points- Eichel
More Games Played- Matthews (1 more)
Goals- Matthews
Assists- Eichel

Even Strength Goals- Matthews
Even Strength Assists- Eichel
Even Strength Points- Eichel

Powerplay Goals- Matthews
Powerplay Assists- Eichel
Powerplay Points- (TIED 22)
Powerplay Percentage: Matthews (Beating him by about one percent not sure if that’s team or what)

Overtime Goals- Eichel
Overtime Assists- TIED (3)
Overtime Points- Eichel

Shooting Percentage- Matthews

Short Handed Goals- Eichel
Short Handed Assists- (TIED 0)
Short Handed Points- Eichel

Game Winning Goals- Eichel
Game Winning Assists- Eichel
Game Winning Points- Eichel

Transition Rushes- Eichel
Plus-Minus- Eichel
Faceoffs- Matthews
More shots- Matthews
More scoring chances created- Eichel
Shot blocks- Matthews
Hits- Eichel
Toal Time in Ice- Eichel (1:18 more)
ES TOI: Eichel (18 seconds more)
PP TOI: Eichel (48 seconds more)
SH TOI: Eichel (17 seconds more)

(Those times above looks to give a slight advantage to Eichel however it becomes a moot point as below shows this, which surprised me for all situations per 60, considering Eichels never played with a 70 pt guy in four and a half
Seasons and Matthews has a 90 PT player one
His wing, and whilst that is true however Matthews does take the reign as far as goals go in even strength and PP per 60.)

Goals Per 60 in all situations- Matthews
Assists Per 60 in all situations- Eichel
POINTS per 60 in all situations- Èichel

ESG Per 60- Matthews
ESA Per 60- Eichel
ESP Per 60- Eichel

PPG Per 60- Matthews
PPS Per 60-Eichel
PPP Per 60- Eichel

Goals PG- Matthews
Assists PG- Eichel
Points Per Game-Eichel

Credit to quanthockey.

so Eichel despite the harder match ups, less talent around him is best Matthews in most areas this season but Matthews was usually slightly better in seasons before in a lot of areas, so to be fair it’s still close.

So that makes Matthews look bad or something?

It looks bad that you keep updating every single point he gets closer like we’re all not paying attention. We are. You don’t need to do this with literally every single bloody point, is his or my point.

ps- refer to work I did above

Lol at someone using +/- to try and suggest either player being better defensively.

when you consider the goals for and against of both teams, it’s a decent indication. Especially when both guys points are so close.

Eichels been better defensively, Matthews screwed up on the faksa goal vs Dallas, Matthews has had back to back -3 performances wheee he went pointless in early December where he actually coughed up the game winning goal in two out of three games during that stretch.

Eichels backchecked like a beast and has had better transition and offensive possession numbers, infact he was first place in the entire NHL in both those categories which is a strong indication for good defensive play (not only taking the puck out of the defensive zone more times then anyone in the game) but having the puck in his stick more times in the offensive zone more times hen anyone in the game.

Both are very relevant to strong defensive play. Just because Matthews has been good defensively in the past few weeks and prior seasons doesent erase the first few months of the season where Eichel was significantly. Better defensively and you would have seen that had you payed any attention, or the fact every team zeross in only eichel, he’s had the harder match ups because he’s the winky Sabre to watch. He has 25 and 36 more points then the next highest sabres who are his line mates. Matthews has a 90 point winger people keep an eye on.

again I’ll be fair and post most stats above...

Tonight: Matthews needs a point tonight to tie a career high while Eichel is one assist away from 200 in his career.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yeaah, thats why your franchise C only signed for 5 years!
He signed for 5 years, like countless superstars have before him, instead of the 8 he wanted, to keep the whole gang together in Toronto. Literally the opposite of wanting to leave.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
But does he love it in Buffalo or is that just your hope as a fan ? Because honestly why would he love it there ?

he loves being captain and in buffalo, he’s said this many times. He just is frustrated but still hasn’t let that bother him and hasn’t played into media driven tsn narratives about him wanting to leave now that McDavids team is back in a playoff spot. That place (tsn) always needs drama.

(He signed in Buffalo for 8 years by the way) and has changed his entire game once being captain. He loves the fan base, the invested owners and wants to be the guy to be the captain when the change happens. The rest of the team has to follow suite. Obviously if this doesent happen in the next five years he will leave ala Tavares on the island, but who would blame him at that point.

Awful post. How can you be so disingenuous?

This is Eichel’s 5th season in the NHL, Matthews’ 4th. In terms of PPG, GPG, and any significant stat that matters, Matthews has had a better career to this point. I’m sure Matthews’ 5th season will blow Jack’s out the water too, just like his 4th.

this doesn’t even make sense. Matthews 4th season isn’t blowing Eichels fourth “out of the star” Matthews team is scoring about 50 more goals then Eichels and he has 71 points in 58 games, thus far, the PPG looks better then Eichels 82 in 77 but it’s harder to get a higher PPG the more you play. That’s still five points over PPG for eichel in his 4th season while Matthews is currently 13 over PPG which is a difference of 8 points. 8 points when you consider PPG is harder in a 77 game schedule to achieve then a 58 game schedule, and the fact he plays with players who have double the career high as the payers eichel has.

As far as PPG goes, eichel bad a higher one in the 16-17 season by 0.10 0.94-0.84 the season after the PPG was tied in two of the three years and Matthews Lead by 0.6 in one of the seasons before that.

this year Eichel has a higher points per game and is leading even in pints per 60 in all situations including game winning goals, i was fair and posted most stats above. hardly “disingenuous” considering almost every person in here with a Matthews at/username like yourself says nothing good abouT eichel ever, and talks about Matthews being better ainec, and “blowing him out of the water” like yourself. While I actually have always maintained it was close and Gave Matthews his props I’m the past and in the statistics above. So who is being disingenuous here? Not me.

(The season stats for both guys are five posts above)

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
He signed for 5 years, like countless superstars have before him, instead of the 8 he wanted, to keep the whole gang together in Toronto. Literally the opposite of wanting to leave.

Dont say he wants to leave now, im sure he like his current team, only planning go home after those 5!

Strange that Nylander and Marner went 6 years and Tavares 7, you bridge for 2-3 year or go longer, not 5!

You want your franchise player on max term, thats no secret, and history also tells us that!

Reactions: seagull

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
this doesn’t even make sense. Matthews 4th season isn’t blowing Eichels fourth “out of the star” Matthews team is scoring about 50 more goals then Eichels and he has 71 points in 58 games, thus far, the PPG looks better then Eichels 82 in 77 but it’s harder to get a higher PPG the more you play. That’s still five points over PPG for eichel in his 4th season while Matthews is currently 13 over PPG which is a difference of 8 points. 8 points when you consider PPG is harder in a 77 game schedule to achieve then a 58 game schedule, and the fact he plays with players who have double the career high as the payers eichel has.

As far as PPG goes, eichel bad a higher one in the 16-17 season by 0.10 0.94-0.84 the season after the PPG was tied in two of the three years and Matthews Lead by 0.6 in one of the seasons before that.

this year Eichel has a higher points per game and is leading even in pints per 60 in all situations including game winning goals, i was fair and posted most stats above. hardly “disingenuous” considering almost every person in here with a Matthews at/username like yourself says nothing good abouT eichel ever, and talks about Matthews being better ainec, and “blowing him out of the water” like yourself. While I actually have always maintained it was close and Gave Matthews his props I’m the past and in the statistics above. So who is being disingenuous here? Not me.

(The season stats for both guys are five posts above)

Here, I’ll do it then:

Eichel
Rookie - 81GP 24G 56P
2nd - 61GP 24G 57P
3rd - 67GP 25G 64P
4th - 77GP 28G 82P

Matthews
Rookie - 82GP 40G 69P
2nd - 62GP 34G 63P
3rd - 68GP 37G 73P
4th - 59GP 42G 71P

What are we talking about here?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Eichel isn't going anywhere either.

If he wants a shot at the playoffs, he will.

For all the personal success Eichel has had in Buffalo, he's led the team exactly nowhere. That grates on you, especially going into season 6, with zero to show for it.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
But does he love it in Buffalo or is that just your hope as a fan ? Because honestly why would he love it there ?

He does and why wouldn't he?

We have one of the best collections of young talent in the league.

?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Here, I’ll do it then:

Eichel
Rookie - 81GP 24G 56P
2nd - 61GP 24G 57P
3rd - 67GP 25G 64P
4th - 77GP 28G 82P

Matthews
Rookie - 82GP 40G 69P
2nd - 62GP 34G 63P
3rd - 68GP 37G 73P
4th - 59GP 42G 71P

What are we talking about here?
We are talking about their current production vs their current production. You must have not read the op. It happens

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
If he wants a shot at the playoffs, he will.

For all the personal success Eichel has had in Buffalo, he's led the team exactly nowhere. That grates on you, especially going into season 6, with zero to show for it.

Even if he wanted out, which he won't, he isn't going anywhere.

We have Dahlin+ to show for it. He won't find a better opportunity anywhere else.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You want your franchise player on max term, thats no secret, and history also tells us that!
I guess Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, etc. weren't franchise centers.
there’s not a zero percent chance that he’s playing hockey on Mars next season.
He's more likely to play on Mars than for any other NHL team than the Leafs next year.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Even if he wanted out, which he won't, he isn't going anywhere.

We have Dahlin+ to show for it. He won't find a better opportunity anywhere else.

Eichel won't find a better opportunity anywhere else in the league than Buffalo? Really?

I've heard it all now.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
We are talking about their current production vs their current production. You must have not read the op. It happens

It says which of the two would you take on your current roster.

I’d want the player that’s going to be the best player long-term for my team. Therefore, you look at their past, present, and their overall production trends.

If the question is who is the better player right now, it would make sense that the poll would be close. But all signs point to Matthews being better in the future.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
It says which of the two would you take on your current roster.

I’d want the player that’s going to be the best player long-term for my team. Therefore, you look at their past, present, and their overall production trends.

If the question is who is the better player right now, it would make sense that the poll would be close. But all signs point to Matthews being better in the future.
That would mean that development is linear which it’s not (not to say that Matthews won’t be better next year, just that it’s not a guarantee) and also depends on your definition of long term as Eichel is signed for longer. Matthews may re sign but again that’s not a guarantee.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Eichel won't find a better opportunity anywhere else in the league than Buffalo? Really?

I've heard it all now.

Nope. Unless we wanna give him away for free.

Ignoring the sizable chunk that would be missing from his new team, his current one is going to be pretty good so really no reason to leave.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I guess Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, etc. weren't franchise centers.

He's more likely to play on Mars than for any other NHL team than the Leafs next year.

Crosby took a discount to afford Malkin and staal, he made it public that he want to be in Pitts for a very long time!

Matthew took less term then marner nylander and Tavares, thats says something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad