Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
There is nothing to suggest that Buffalo will become a good team anytime soon.

We hear the same story every offseason.

Imma stop you right there. This is Olofsson's first season and Dahlin is 19.

Not only have you factually not been hearing about them every year, they are factual reasons that support my claim.

There is that Cozens guy and Mitts isn't a bust yet. Other good players on the team and in the pipeline.

The main things are Eichel and Dahlin.

You'll be earing the good crow soon enough, but don't feel bad because you definitely won't be alone.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Imma stop you right there. This is Olofsson's first season and Dahlin is 19.

Not only have you factually not been hearing about them every year, they are factual reasons that support my claim.

There is that Cozens guy and Mitts isn't a bust yet. Other good players on the team and in the pipeline.

The main things are Eichel and Dahlin.

You'll be earing the good crow soon enough, but don't feel bad because you definitely won't be alone.

That's not near enough. Sorry you can't see that.

Not to mention the huge dollar commitments they now need to make to Reinhart, Oloffson and Dahlin (shortly). Those 3 alone will eat up another 20+ million in cap space.

Front office is a mess, on ice product is a mess, goaltending is a mess. Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
That's not near enough. Sorry you can't see that.

Not to mention the huge dollar commitments they now need to make to Reinhart, Oloffson and Dahlin (shortly). Those 3 alone will eat up another 20+ million in cap space.

Front office is a mess, on ice product is a mess, goaltending is a mess. Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.

I'm sorry too, as I said it won't be long though.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I agree, but that doesn’t make him better than those other players because he signed for less term
The reason Matthews is on a lower term than Marner, Nylander, and Tavares is because he's a better player, and they needed him on a lower term to get a lower cap hit to fit everybody in, not because Matthews wants to leave.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
That would mean that development is linear which it’s not (not to say that Matthews won’t be better next year, just that it’s not a guarantee) and also depends on your definition of long term as Eichel is signed for longer. Matthews may re sign but again that’s not a guarantee.

Listen, all I’m saying is that Matthews has been better and more productive at every stage of their careers at the same age. From that, we can reasonably hypothesize that the trend will continue going forward.

Is it guaranteed? No. But it appears very likely.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
The reason Matthews is on a lower term than Marner, Nylander, and Tavares is because he's a better player, and they needed him on a lower term to get a lower cap hit to fit everybody in, not because Matthews wants to leave.
I’m not saying it’s because he wants to leave. And you are correct he’s on a shorter term cause they needed that to fit him in. None of that means he’s better though. Don’t get me wrong he is better than those other guys, but it has nothing to do with being signed for 5 years

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Listen, all I’m saying is that Matthews has been better and more productive at every stage of their careers at the same age. From that, we can reasonably hypothesize that the trend will continue going forward.

Is it guaranteed? No. But it appears very likely.

that’s reasonable, doing it that way however you leave out all the Kucherov type players that develop later (not saying Matthews or Eichel are that guy) just saying that just because one player is better at say 17 years old doesn’t mean it’ll always be that way

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Here, I’ll do it then:

Eichel
Rookie - 81GP 24G 56P
2nd - 61GP 24G 57P
3rd - 67GP 25G 64P
4th - 77GP 28G 82P

Matthews
Rookie - 82GP 40G 69P
2nd - 62GP 34G 63P
3rd - 68GP 37G 73P
4th - 59GP 42G 71P

What are we talking about here?

This season? Where all the stats are just a few posts above, but I guess you don’t want to look at those?

There both fantastic players, Matthews is a better sniper but the gap isn’t as close as it used to be while Eichels playmaking still remains elite and Matthews is improving there slowly.

It says which of the two would you take on your current roster.

I’d want the player that’s going to be the best player long-term for my team. Therefore, you look at their past, present, and their overall production trends.

If the question is who is the better player right now, it would make sense that the poll would be close. But all signs point to Matthews being better in the future.

Actually “all signs” don’t show Matthews being better in the future, don’t be silly.

eichels production keeps going linear and his point totals and pace this year keep improving by leaps and bounds where as Matthews goal totals are going up on a team that scores almost fifty more goals.

We know you love Matthews, and obviously I’m a big Eichel fan but I’ve always spoke truths about him, it’s normal for some to think in the past I was always biased but this talent and ability and production all speak for themselves. Watch how the game changes when eichel stepss on the ice compared to Matthews that’s why he’s more dynamic offensively, better skater, better possession, better points per 60 in all situations, more clutch more game winners, better skater, better playmaker/passer, better leader (captain) he’s matured while Matthews needs to stop being immature in the offseason and show growth on the ice.

People always said eichel had the better offensive potential and lots of you jumped up in arms “based on what!!!!” Uh....his potential? And now you’re seeing it. He’s more dynamic again with more game winners, with worse players with a goalie he can’t rely on.

literally all the signs say Matthews should be leading eichel in a lot of these categories like points per sixty, points but he’s not...

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Crosby took a significantly higher percentage than Matthews did.

Just like Matthews with Toronto.

All it says is that he's a better player than them.

Am isnt Crosby and Crosby left 2m a year on the table compare to Kane Toews, he didnt take max which AM did comparing to his peers and stats! Marner was the worst thief though and was 2-3 m overpaid!

The fact is, AM signed for 5, take him straight to Ufa, while the other 2 signed for 6 and eating Ufa years!

You think someone believes in your homer view , that AM term is something good for the team !

Arizona needs a hometown star for their excistence, AM nows it and will go home and help out, nothing wrong about that, ask Tavares!

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Here, I’ll do it then:

Eichel
Rookie - 81GP 24G 56P
2nd - 61GP 24G 57P
3rd - 67GP 25G 64P
4th - 77GP 28G 82P

Matthews
Rookie - 82GP 40G 69P
2nd - 62GP 34G 63P
3rd - 68GP 37G 73P
4th - 59GP 42G 71P

What are we talking about here?

Should not compare this way with scroing going up every season. In his second season Echel was 11th in PPG while Matthews was around 20th in last few seasons.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
This season?
This season, Matthews continues to produce better. Eichel falls well behind in ES P1/60, PP P/60, and PP P1/60. The only place he rivals is in ES P/60, where they are essentially tied. Unfortunately for Eichel, while Matthews is producing with sustainable underlying metrics at a rate he has a proven ability to maintain, Eichel is reaching that ES P/60 level by racking up a career-high secondary assist rate, driven by players on his team scoring at unsustainable levels while he's been on the ice at ES.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
This season, Matthews continues to produce better. Eichel falls well behind in ES P1/60, PP P/60, and PP P1/60. The only place he rivals is in ES P/60, where they are essentially tied. Unfortunately for Eichel, while Matthews is producing with sustainable underlying metrics at a rate he has a proven ability to maintain, Eichel is reaching that ES P/60 level by racking up a career-high secondary assist rate, driven by players on his team scoring at unsustainable levels while he's been on the ice at ES.

It's not unsustainable, it's Eichel.

Should be a commercial.

Maybe he's just a beast that makes stuff happen.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
It doesn't matter who he is; it's unsustainable for anybody.

But especially for Eichel, since it's even more inflated relative to Eichel's normal and career best.

You can throw his old normal out of the window.

He just makes stuff happen.

He gifts free goals to his teammates (they don't always accept their present unfortunately)

Always a threat to score as well.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You can throw his old normal out of the window.
Uh, no, we don't forget about the entire rest of his career and ignore what's possible for anyone in this league just because you falsely believe that his clearly inflated metrics are his new normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->