Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
No ones taking skinner to get to trade futures for Eichel. That’s ridiculous, who wants to assume a multi year 64 million dollar debt on top of what you have to pay Eichel for the next 6. Buffalo has got to bite the bullet with this guy. It’s a huge factor of what’s making that room toxic

The fact that the coach won't put Skinner with Eichel, who have had success before in the past,is also a pretty big issue.

Skinner is a dog, but him and Eichel can get 25 onto Skinners stick in their sleep.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
IMO there is zero chance of getting Kakko, a very early first and another top young d. That’s just a fantasy land imo. If Kakko were to go back, the big pluses are not going with him imo. Having said that I don’t think NYR are even considering moving Kakko. The value is ok but it’s just not practical for them.

Imo LA is by far the best match for Eichel if they think they have a run left with Doughty, Kopitar, Brown, etc. If they don’t, then it’d make sense to keep the kids probably and at least see what they have before moving them.
It's funny because as a Kings fan, I see the Rangers as the more obvious fit. We have an abundance of centers, where the Rangers need one

Re the kings:

I will define "Doughty, Kopitar Brown, Etc" as the ones mentioned + quick and Carter . I don't think that that core has another run in it. Quick is much better this year, but has his moments and is not the J Quick of the past. Brown is/was on a hot streak, but is close to being done as a player. Carter is done.
Doughty and Kopitar still have plenty of gas in the tank.

I think the Kings would be much better served to wait a year or two and see how many more surprises they have in the farm system and trade for their game breaker in a couple more seasons

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I believe there is a happy medium between Eichel being traded for pennies and Buffalo robbing a team blind on the return

but that’s not a sexy answer, nor one Buffalo fans seem interested in hearing about
I don't view asking for a top prospect like Byfield, Zegras, Turcotte, etc "robbing a team blind". What I view as "robbing a team blind" is trying to acquire one of the best players in the league, in his prime, with a ton of term left on his contract and having an untouchables list that is several players long.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Great context, and you removed the part after AND which is the biggest part. They have the biggest need at center, but you do you. The Kings have their best prospects at center, the Rangers do not.

If you think LA is further along in the process of making the playoffs, you're also severely mistaken.
Both points are clearly wrong . LA has the more valuable assets Buffalo would be interested in. Top center prospects like Vilardi/Turcotte, and a next tier of Kupari/Madden/Thomas etc. Not to mention the better/deeper prospect pool overall.

Secondly, LA has better points %, better veterans, and are closer to a playoff spot than the Rangers. What makes the Rangers further ahead exactly?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The fact that the coach won't put Skinner with Eichel, who have had success before in the past,is also a pretty big issue.

Skinner is a dog, but him and Eichel can get 25 onto Skinners stick in their sleep.
But you would still lose the game 95 percent of the time. Skinner plays no D and avoids contact. Eichel’s not the greatest Defender to begin with. You really want that rubbing off on him?

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
As a Rangers fan that makes it very easy to just to walk away and be content with that decision. If they want to give up a top prospect for a player who clearly wants out, then let them go ahead and do that. The Rangers don't need Eichel. He'd be nice to have but with the winger group we're amassing we can get by with competent, complimentary players down the middle.
Who said he clearly wants out? Source?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
But you would still lose the game 95 percent of the time. Skinner plays no D and avoids contact. Eichel’s not the greatest Defender to begin with. You really want that rubbing off on him?

If you're gonna lose anyway, you might as well get something for your money with Skinner right? Lol

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How does Buffalo fans view someone like Thomas Bordeleau as a prospect as it relates to being in a package for Eichel?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
If you're gonna lose anyway, you might as well get something for your money with Skinner right? Lol
Stick him on 3rd line with a forechecking winger and a semi creative center who both play D well and stick him with jack on the Pp. at least that way he can’t do them too much damage.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I love all of the people listing their untouchables. We’re talking about one of the 5 most talented players in the world, who is in his prime, but Quinton Byfield is absolutely off the table. :laugh:
The only untouchables currently in the league for Eichel should be McDavid, Matthews and Mackinnon.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
I'll dispute this point
I am a kings fan, but there is no question that the Rangers are playing a tougher division. It's p[retty much impossible to go by a metric like that this season because of the way the schedule is
this is wrong but ok.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Eichels defence has been very good the last 2 years and although Skinner sucks defensively he doesn't avoid contact at all he is a hound draws lots of penalties. Are we talking about the same players?Or is it to get your point across?

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
This thread will be very interesting when or even if this trade goes down. And I’m willing to bet money that some people are going to be shocked. Looking at the Sorbos fans rn, (and no, that wasn’t a typo).

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
I'll dispute this point
I am a kings fan, but there is no question that the Rangers are playing a tougher division. It's p[retty much impossible to go by a metric like that this season because of the way the schedule is
Valid, but its just one point to show that the argument NYR is somehow way ahead is not accurate. It is not a “severely mistaken” point of view that the Kings are on a similar timeline to NYR in terms of making the playoffs, which was the argument.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Both points are clearly wrong . LA has the more valuable assets Buffalo would be interested in. Top center prospects like Vilardi/Turcotte, and a next tier of Kupari/Madden/Thomas etc. Not to mention the better/deeper prospect pool overall.

Secondly, LA has better points %, better veterans, and are closer to a playoff spot than the Rangers. What makes the Rangers further ahead exactly?

Byfield is curiously absent from the LA cupboard of goodies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Valid, but its just one point to show that the argument NYR is somehow way ahead is not accurate. It is not a “severely mistaken” point of view that the Kings are on a similar timeline to NYR in terms of making the playoffs, which was the argument.
I agree with all of what you posted here

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Eichels defenceman has been very good the last 2 years and although Skinner sucks defensively he doesn't avoid contact at all he is a hound draws lots of penalties. Are we talking about the same players?Or is it to get your point across?
Yea the same skinner with a concussion history as long as my third leg. He’s a real bowling ball out there. Eichel is a pretty good D center. There are better 200 ft players for sure. Eichel was so good the last 2 years because he used his speed and was shooting the puck

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
There's more because of the cap and ELC. Also because of how a team is structured.

You really think for example, Tampa would deal Point for Eichel?
I think if Buffalo calls Tampa saying they want a deal centered around Eichel for Point, and Tampa responds by saying Point is a nonstarter then yeah I think that's silly.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't view asking for a top prospect like Byfield, Zegras, Turcotte, etc "robbing a team blind". What I view as "robbing a team blind" is trying to acquire one of the best players in the league, in his prime, with a ton of term left on his contract and having an untouchables list that is several players long.

Realistically, you can get one of those on top of a decent roster player, a pick and probably a cap dump. There’s no way thought that a team will give a solid roster player, two of their top 3 top prospect ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad