Status
Not open for further replies.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
you keep thinking all it takes are spare parts. UPL and Portillo are north better than Georgev.

someone calling and inquiring isn’t the same as buffalo trying to trade Eichel.

having discussions...means the GM took a second to say he’s not available.

sure...could Eichel get traded? Sure it could happen...either this summer or summer 22 before NMC kicks in. What will it cost..at least 4 1st round pick value.

English is hard... but important.

Friedman specifically said that Buffalo "solicited offers". Which is another way of saying that Buffalo requested offers. This is an important distinction from you falsely equivocating it to "someone calling and inquiring" and Buffalo saying "he's not available."

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yea the organization that has been a tire fire for 20 years and are solely responsible for sucking so bad that they wasted Jack Eichel’s early years and are forced to even contemplate trading him because they suck so bad knows best. You Sabres fans are so far deep in the organizations lie of itself it’s sad
Meh

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Yea the organization that has been a tire fire for 20 years and are solely responsible for sucking so bad that they wasted Jack Eichel’s early years and are forced to even contemplate trading him because they suck so bad knows best. You Sabres fans are so far deep in the organizations lie of itself it’s sad
You Rags fans think you deserve the world. You think you're getting a franchise player for pennies, and that we should be grateful to get those pennies. The Sabres aren't forced to do anything. Eichel isn't being traded. Go find some other team to annoy.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
you keep thinking all it takes are spare parts. UPL and Portillo are north better than Georgev.

sure...could Eichel get traded? Sure it could happen...either this summer or summer 22 before NMC kicks in. What will it cost..at least 4 1st round pick value.

I've asked BUF fans, the general consensus on UPL is that he's at least a couple years away. And I'm sorry but Portillo better than Georgiev? Really? If you want to talk about well into the future projection sure but he hasn't done a lick of anything compared to an actual NHL level G right now. That's crazy talk man.

Georgiev is anything but spare parts and everyone knows the goalie situation in BUF. They need support right now while they wait a few years

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Except that's not what happened. Again, if you actually listen to what Friedman said he clearly states that the Sabres "solicited" offers from teams. Soliciting offers means they were seeking them. They may have gauged the temperature and not liked what they felt but they certainly made an active effort to engage teams on the subject. He was very careful in what he said during that interview. If he said "fielding" or similar then maybe what you said would be true, but that's not what he said.

The Sabres may have little appetite to trade Eichel right now, which is what LeBrun said, but we're talking about two different periods of time.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
You Rags fans think you deserve the world. You think you're getting a franchise player for pennies, and that we should be grateful to get those pennies. The Sabres aren't forced to do anything. Eichel isn't being traded. Go find some other team to annoy.

>getting a franchise player for pennies

The problem with this is you could look at any asset and deem them "pennies" just because it doesn't fit your liking. BUF has the ability to wait, albeit a couple years, but the situation can get really really bad. I'm talking another decade of basement dwelling bad if they aren't careful. People knock NYR but the one thing the front office has been smart with is asset management. And now that they've stockpiled a large sum because of that asset management, they can make that one blockbuster that every cup winner has done in the past. I think the bigger issue here is BUF front office. Rookie GM and no real brute to overlook the organization and guide it's decisions. They just seem incredibly lost and I think what's even scarier if I'm a Sabres fan is who's next after Eichel? What happens if Dahlin wants out as well? Or any other rookie coming up into a nightmarish loop of a team? When you get greedy and every team turns Eichel down due to insane asking prices, don't be surprised when his value diminishes and before you know it he's a UFA.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
English is hard... but important.

Friedman specifically said that Buffalo "solicited offers". Which is another way of saying that Buffalo requested offers. This is an important distinction from you falsely equivocating it to "someone calling and inquiring" and Buffalo saying "he's not available."
You probably first time see it. Don't blame him. Keyboard gave up on him :laugh:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You Rags fans think you deserve the world.

You Sabres fans think you deserve the universe.

OH WE WANTS ALL YOUR BESTEST PROSPECTZ EVER OR U CAN GO KICK ROKZ CUZ THERE ARE 100 OTHER TEAMZ THAT WILL GIVE US ALL THEIR BESTEST PROSPECTZ.

You think you're getting a franchise player for pennies, and that we should be grateful to get those pennies. The Sabres aren't forced to do anything. Eichel isn't being traded. Go find some other team to annoy.

Pennies on the dollar? Chytil? Lundkvist? Geo? Possible lottery pick? Kravtsov? Buchnevich? These aren’t talentless hacks or assets with no value. Just because some fans are saying Kakko, Laf, Fox and Shesty are not available does not mean you’re being offered pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: Anthony5967

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Think fans forget to realize that guy's like Lundkvist and Kravtsov may be the Rangers 4-5th best future piece, but would be alot of teams #1-2 piece.

It's why teams rebuuld so they have the ammo in the cupboard without gutting the organization when it's time to make a deal.

That said, I'm already tired of these talks and ready to keep our goodies and draft a guy like Beniers with the 1 the Rangers would give up.

Reactions: Anthony5967

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
We had a well respected source in Friedman say that the Sabres "solicited offers" for Eichel over the summer because he was "unhappy." So let's not pretend like you're acknowledging all of the facts here. You're clearly picking and choosing what to believe because it suits your point of view.
Also if you like facts, your 2 eyes can see how dejected he is. You don’t need to be a top hockey analyst to know which way the wind blows.... but I guess facts don’t matter

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I've asked BUF fans, the general consensus on UPL is that he's at least a couple years away. And I'm sorry but Portillo better than Georgiev? Really? If you want to talk about well into the future projection sure but he hasn't done a lick of anything compared to an actual NHL level G right now. That's crazy talk man.

Georgiev is anything but spare parts and everyone knows the goalie situation in BUF. They need support right now while they wait a few years

Well Portillo is better than Georgiev in that he has sexier looking goalie equipment. :naughty:

But generally we just consider what he says as his opinion and not something all of us share.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Georgiev isn't bad, but Buffalo already has a(n arguably) better version of him in Ullmark. Why not just roll with Ullmark and re-sign him, and then delve into the relatively good pool of UFA netminders this offseason? Again, not a knock on Georgiev, but why should Buffalo make him a not insubstantial portion of an Eichel return when it can do as well in the offseason and has two pretty good young guys already in its system?

Some mentioning Eichel in the Selke discussion. A year after being top-10 in Hart voting. He will probably finish over a point/game this year when all is said and done, and on another putrid offensive team at ES. Buffalo should definitely trade him for some team's 2nd line forward who has 1-2 years left on his contract, and their 3rd, 5th, and 10th best prospects.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You Sabres fans think you deserve the universe.

OH WE WANTS ALL YOUR BESTEST PROSPECTZ EVER OR U CAN GO KICK ROKZ CUZ THERE ARE 100 OTHER TEAMZ THAT WILL GIVE US ALL THEIR BESTEST PROSPECTZ.

Pennies on the dollar? Chytil? Lundkvist? Geo? Possible lottery pick? Kravtsov? Buchnevich? These aren’t talentless hacks or assets with no value. Just because some fans are saying Kakko, Laf, Fox and Shesty are not available does not mean you’re being offered pennies on the dollar.
The fact that some fans said that Kakko, Laf, Fox and Shesty are not available for Eichel is funny

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Only 1 out of that 4 will be available
I am not convinced any are true blue chip star prospects, Buf can not afford to miss on this trade so if they are going pure futures then I suspect 2 or even 3 of those names are involved.
Or Zibby+Fox+protected 1st

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
He did a radio interview on SN960 earlier this week and said that the Sabres "solicited offers" because he was unhappy but they decided they couldn't see it through. Unless he misspoke, "solicited" means, by definition, that the Sabres asked teams to present their offers to them. I never said that he asked out. I said that I think it's pretty clear that he wants out. However, if he hasn't yet made that request, it stands to reason that they might be nearing that point given the state of the team and the fact that they've even entertained the idea of moving a player of his pedigree.

If LA is willing to part with Byfield then yes, I think they are a much better fit than the Rangers are. However, I don't think the Kings would do that. Just my opinion but in today's NHL I think they need Byfield on an ELC and should see how that works out. If the Sabres absolutely have to have a top-flight center prospect back in the deal, then yes, the Rangers likely are not the front runner. Though I would imagine that also depends on the Sabres' view of Chytil. If they're less concerned with a center then the Rangers have just as strong of a case as any team in the league. In that case their only disadvantage is the fact that they're in the same conference.

Personally I would much rather see the Rangers stay away entirely and focus on building from within. If keeping Kakko, Laf, Fox, Miller and Shesterkin off the table precludes them from getting to the front of the line in the Eichel talks then I am absolutely okay with that.

I truly get why Sabres fans want the moon for him. I really do. That being said, I think there will be a limited number of viable suitors for a number of reasons. How many teams need a center upgrade of that magnitude, have major pieces to spare -- let alone the "right" pieces, and are comfortable enough financially that they'd be open to bringing in $10m per year with a $7.5m SB in 18 months? We're in a flat cap and I believe the majority of teams are looking to shed salary, not add it. You're looking at teams who are coming off a season that likely generated next to nothing in revenue because of the attendance restrictions. I really don't think it's going to be a frenzy with GMs throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Adams.

I do hope the Sabres get a good return because the fans in Buffalo deserve better than the product they've been getting over the last decade.
I went back, found and listened to the interview you referenced. Friedman does say "Buffalo solicited offers" which as you said would imply they asked teams what they would give up for Eichel. With that said you can see how that's still quite the jump from that to: "Eichel clearly wants out" which is what I quoted and responded to. I don't begrudge any Rangers fans that don't want to give up what they view as cornerstone pieces, they have every right to withhold those pieces and the Sabres have every right to say Ok then. No thanks. On to the next bidder. The flat cap may impact some teams and potentially take some of the poorer teams out as you noted, but I doubt any deal is made where Buffalo isn't taking salary back so the money becomes less of a concern at that point. This is a star player in his prime, not some 30 year old UFA that teams are going to have to sign to a poor contract. I'd argue that having no fans in attendance this season would be precisely why a lot of teams would want Eichel. He'll draw fans, he'll sell merchandise. The weight of a flat cap is felt far more on players that aren't stars.
Think fans forget to realize that guy's like Lundkvist and Kravtsov may be the Rangers 4-5th best future piece, but would be alot of teams #1-2 piece.

It's why teams rebuuld so they have the ammo in the cupboard without gutting the organization when it's time to make a deal.

That said, I'm already tired of these talks and ready to keep our goodies and draft a guy like Beniers with the 1 the Rangers would give up.
Like what teams exactly? Because I can't think of one team where those prospects would be an nhl teams #1 piece. If you meant #1 or #2 prospect in their system then sure.
Also if you like facts, your 2 eyes can see how dejected he is. You don’t need to be a top hockey analyst to know which way the wind blows.... but I guess facts don’t matter
Yes your eye test that tells you Eichel is sad and wants out is based completely on facts and facts alone. Jesus H Christ.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I went back, found and listened to the interview you referenced. Friedman does say "Buffalo solicited offers" which as you said would imply they asked teams what they would give up for Eichel. With that said you can see how that's still quite the jump from that to: "Eichel clearly wants out" which is what I quoted and responded to. I don't begrudge any Rangers fans that don't want to give up what they view as cornerstone pieces, they have every right to withhold those pieces and the Sabres have every right to say Ok then. No thanks. On to the next bidder. The flat cap may impact some teams and potentially take some of the poorer teams out as you noted, but I doubt any deal is made where Buffalo isn't taking salary back so the money becomes less of a concern at that point. This is a star player in his prime, not some 30 year old UFA that teams are going to have to sign to a poor contract. I'd argue that having no fans in attendance this season would be precisely why a lot of teams would want Eichel. He'll draw fans, he'll sell merchandise. The weight of a flat cap is felt far more on players that aren't stars.

Like what teams exactly? Because I can't think of one team where those prospects would be an nhl teams #1 piece. If you meant #1 or #2 prospect in their system then sure.
Yes your eye test that tells you Eichel is sad and wants out is based completely on facts and facts alone. Jesus H Christ.

I know it's somewhat irrelevant but holy hell does he look dejected in about every post game interview I've seen him in. Never seen him genuinely happy happy. Some of the recent ones remind me of the same interviews with Dubois in CBJ earlier this season. I feel so bad for him in a way, but I can see why a lot of BUF fans absolutely hate him already

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
We’ve seen it before roughly:

1. Player voices frustration, fires shot across the bow
2. Team solicits the markets then makes effort to appease, Hall, etc
3. Things go poorly and the realization kicks in that final decisions do not rest with the hired sport experts
4. Said player and agent now work on exit strategy including when to go public with trade request and submits a preference list
5. List really only includes 1-2 potential destinations because player has already picked out his landing spot and agent is working back channels
6. Management plays hardball
7. Player plays hardball
8. Value plummets
9. Management decides to cut bait for the sake of the organization
10. Welcome Jack Eichel to the New York Rangers Hockey Club

I think we’re at stage 4.

Reactions: AirGut

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Yea the same skinner with a concussion history as long as my third leg. He’s a real bowling ball out there. Eichel is a pretty good D center. There are better 200 ft players for sure. Eichel was so good the last 2 years because he used his speed and was shooting the puck
Are you ok?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Curious what kind of package Buffalo would offer for a better center like Matthew's for instance. Would you do Dahlin, Cozens, Quinn and a first?

If the answer is a hell no then welcome to every other fan on this board saying the same thing about Eichel.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad