Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
There is no offer any team in the entire league can scrounge up, that NYR can't outmatch. If Gorton and the NE front office mafia wants him, they'll get him

Buffalo isn’t trading an elite 1C without getting a 1C prospect in return. The Sabres went down that road post Briere and Drury, and they won’t do it again.

The moment LA puts Turcotte or Byfield on the table, or Anaheim puts Zegras on the table, the NYR can’t compete, unless they are willing to give up Zibanejad.... which seems counter productive to the team Gorton is trying to build.

Rangers have a ton of good young players, but the Sabres are going to want the elite 1C prospect back, and the Rangers don’t have that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Buffalo isn’t trading an elite 1C without getting a 1C prospect in return. The Sabres went down that road post Briere and Drury, and they won’t do it again.

The moment LA puts Turcotte or Byfield on the table, or Anaheim puts Zegras on the table, the NYR can’t compete, unless they are willing to give up Zibanejad.... which seems counter productive to the team Gorton is trying to build.

Rangers have a ton of good young players, but the Sabres are going to want the elite 1C prospect back, and the Rangers don’t have that.
To be fair if the Rangers had that elite young center prospect ,then they likely wouldnt be trading for Eichel...As would any other team in the same situation

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
To be fair if the Rangers had that elite young center prospect ,then they likely wouldnt be trading for Eichel...As would any other team in the same situation

true. It still doesn’t change the situation for Buffalo.

If the Sabres trade Eichel, and to be clear I don’t want them to, the team is going to want to build a center/forward structure which makes sense going into the future.

Dylan Cozens is going to eventually hold down one spot.

Sabres probably pick Berniers, who fits everything they are trying to do with team culture.

Add in Turcotte or Byfield, and that’s got potential as a type of center spine for the team to remain competitive for a decade.

The trade has to work for Buffalo too. It’s not going to be Eichel to whoever for what they want to give.

LA is dropping $9m is dead cap after this season. They’ve got elite 1C prospects, and a very good prospect pool with players at every position aside from G capable of making an impact in the NHL. They’ve got exactly the assets Buffalo would ask for.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

If the Sabres trade Eichel, and to be clear I don’t want them to, the team is going to want to build a center/forward structure which makes sense going into the future.

Sabres probably pick Berniers, who fits everything they are trying to do with team culture.

Add in Turcotte or Byfield, and that’s got potential as a type of center spine for the team to remain competitive for a decade.

The trade has to work for Buffalo too. It’s not going to be Eichel to whoever for what they want to give.

LA is dropping $9m is dead cap after this season. They’ve got elite 1C prospects, and a very good prospect pool with players at every position aside from G capable of making an impact in the NHL. They’ve got exactly the assets Buffalo would ask for.
If LA is down for making a move like this then it may just happen,but if LA says they arent in...Then it may get interesting...I really hope they can work things out with him,its far more better than trying to move him

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I don't think the return would HAVE to include a 'blue chip 1c' prospect but can understand the reasoning for it.

As stated earlier in the thread i really liked the Horvat/Boeser/1st proposal more than anything else I've seen. Doesn't include the type of prospect you speak of but is best short/Medium/long term compromise imo.

But sure as hell... If Ranger fans are not willing to give up at least two of Lafreniere/Kakko/Miller/Fox... Then they need to forget about Eichel.

If traded to the Rangers tomorrow Jack instantly becones their top player AINEC.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Rangers offers have been complete garbage throughout this thread.

You are massively over rating/over valuing your own assets.

If Sabres wanted a 'quick fix' with similarly aged young players coming back in return & Canucks offered Horvat/Boeser/1st - you couldn't compete.

If Sabres wanted a high potential C prospect & LA offers Turcotte/Byfield, LV offers Glass, Anaheim offers Zegras - you can't compete.

Thing is, none of those teams are giving up those assets. Of course you could say every team in the league could get Eichel if they put TOP ASSET XYZ, but it's not happening because every team is at different paces and situations. Most teams just simply can't get Eichel even if they wanted to. Same thing can be said to the guy in this thread that mentioned NJ sending Hughes and a 1st, like that's just not something that will occur in today's NHL whatsoever. And this goes back to my main point in this thread......when star players get traded like this it's almost for the complete opposite of what people "expect" back. And that's not even mentioning the chances of a rookie GM making a dumb move rather than a smart one. Everyone knows the deal that's going on in BUF and when things start getting really really bad, NYR and LAK will be waiting patiently with good packages. LA has a good C to send back if they choose to go that route, which I don't see them doing regardless. But the Rangers can easily put together something much more well rounded for Buffalo, which I think Adams will most likely go for here and for that reason I see them being way more interesting if you need to trade a guy like Eichel. Quantity over quality seems to be the motto these days for teams, you can thank NYR and OTT for that.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Rangers offers have been complete garbage throughout this thread.

You are massively over rating/over valuing your own assets.

If Sabres wanted a 'quick fix' with similarly aged young players coming back in return & Canucks offered Horvat/Boeser/1st - you couldn't compete.

If Sabres wanted a high potential C prospect & LA offers Turcotte/Byfield, LV offers Glass, Anaheim offers Zegras - you can't compete.

And you keep missing the point, if those are the assets being offered to Buffalo, the Rangers should be stepping away and not participating.

But those assets won't be offered.

You're making up mythical offers from teams that have no intention of trading assets that you covet.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
That’s why I think the LA rumors are for show. Not that they aren’t having conversations, but given where they’re at in their rebuild and the fact that 3 of their top 5 prospects are centers, I don’t see them paying a premium for an older, more expensive version of what they’re trading away.

Salary cap exists and it weighs heavily in favor of cost-controlled talent. No matter how good Eichel is, his price tag will prevent an outrageous return.

Reactions: AirGut

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If traded to the Rangers tomorrow Jack instantly becones their top player AINEC.
Wrong.

giphy.gif

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020

Yeah. That's why my offer would be with Zibby in it. Salary cap purposes.

Buffalo can then try to resign him or flip him for more prospects. Could even being a 3rd team in for that purpose.

Otherwise, imo, it doesn't make sense for the Rangers. The idea is for Chytil to be the 2C. Maybe whoever they draft in the summer.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
as a fan of neither I'd think Kakko plus would be intereting if Rangers also take on some bad contracts
skinner?
Kakko, Georgiev, Lundkvist or Miller, 1st , and conditional pick (if Rangers make it to x round or something) for Eichel and Sknner (15% retention)
trade Hall before deadline, see if you can get top prospect and/or pick for Risto

Build around Dahlin, Olofsson, Kakko, Cozen
Sabres add a top 3 player with own pick and top 10ish with Rangers in next draft, probably be bad enough for another top 10 in the next

honestly don't hate it if Eichel is going to demand a trade

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Suzuki+norlinder/guhle+tatar+21' and 22' first
Maybe soneone else for cap reasons
Suzuki and cozens down the middle

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Kakko, Georgiev, Lundkvist or Miller, 1st , and conditional pick (if Rangers make it to x round or something) for Eichel

I could see this.

and Sknner (15% retention)

But not this. It’s mathematically impossible. Adding Skinner subtracts the addition of adding Eichel. That’s how pathetically awful that contract is. It’s without question, the worst f***ing contract in the league.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I could see this.

But not this. It’s mathematically impossible. Adding Skinner subtracts the addition of adding Eichel. That’s how pathetically awful that contract is. It’s without question, the worst f***ing contract in the league.

yeah hear ya, Okaposo was the other one i was looking at but not sure if he's an internal guy for sabres ....leadership role

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Is LA really looking to accelerate their current process? They've definitely been better than most expected this season, but is that also a product of playing in a division where there are three legit teams and the rest are more middling? I'm not sure they are ready to step on the gas and make a move like this, but a player the caliber of Eichel changes a lot of things.

As for the Rangers, they are the team with the best assets and biggest need at the position all while being further along in their process of becoming a playoff team. Outside of the NHL, their best center prospect isn't anything to get overly excited about, but wingers and defense is up there. They also have two young NHL level goalies, which the Sabres don't have. UPL is an interesting prospect though.

It's definitely not a coincidence that LA and NY are the two teams involved. Big US markets for one of the best US players. Also, disgruntled players typically don't get the value they actually hold. Everyone knows you need to move out the player at that point. The Sabres could choose not to do that, but the longer they wait, the more disgruntled the player is, the more likely something leaks out and hinders the value.

He hasn't demanded a trade, but it could come to that. Really tough spot. I think this move happens after the season which could open more options for them, but they've got to keep things under control for at least 4 more month.

Reactions: Lt Dan and AirGut

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Still not happening with KO’s shit contract either.
Rangers need D but they have a top 6 on an ELC and should have their starting goalie on a bridge deal....they seem like a good fit to take a contract as well which is why I thought it could work

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah. That's why my offer would be with Zibby in it. Salary cap purposes.

Buffalo can then try to resign him or flip him for more prospects. Could even being a 3rd team in for that purpose.

Otherwise, imo, it doesn't make sense for the Rangers. The idea is for Chytil to be the 2C. Maybe whoever they draft in the summer.

Zibanejad is a good player, and instantly becomes the Sabres 1C. But he’s also 27 with only a season remaining on his contract after this season is over. Doesn’t really make sense for the Sabres.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Rangers need D but they have a top 6 on an ELC and should have their starting goalie on a bridge deal....they seem like a good fit to take a contract as well which is why I thought it could work

The Rangers don't need D.

Matter of fact, the Rangers can deal one in this and lost TDA, and have still plenty in the pipeline.

The Rangers top 4 are set with Lindgren/Fox and Miller/Trouba

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Is LA really looking to accelerate their current process? They've definitely been better than most expected this season, but is that also a product of playing in a division where there are three legit teams and the rest are more middling? I'm not sure they are ready to step on the gas and make a move like this, but a player the caliber of Eichel changes a lot of things.

As for the Rangers, they are the team with the best assets and biggest need at the position all while being further along in their process of becoming a playoff team. Outside of the NHL, their best center prospect isn't anything to get overly excited about, but wingers and defense is up there. They also have two young NHL level goalies, which the Sabres don't have. UPL is an interesting prospect though.

It's definitely not a coincidence that LA and NY are the two teams involved. Big US markets for one of the best US players. Also, disgruntled players typically don't get the value they actually hold. Everyone knows you need to move out the player at that point. The Sabres could choose not to do that, but the longer they wait, the more disgruntled the player is, the more likely something leaks out and hinders the value.

He hasn't demanded a trade, but it could come to that. Really tough spot. I think this move happens after the season which could open more options for them, but they've got to keep things under control for at least 4 more month.

Makes sense from a Rangers POV. The Sabres are going to want an elite 1C prospect with years left on the seven years of team control. Rangers can’t offer that.

LA’s in a great spot to add someone like Eichel and bridge the old guard with the kids, and play deep into the playoffs.

LA’s prospect pool makes a lot more sense for the Sabres.

The “disgruntled” aspect won’t change much.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kings have to be the leaders. They can offer one of Byfield/Turcotte plus another good prospect and cap fillers and still have a great prospect pool.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal

Wrong and wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad