Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Except nobody has said that. When even Leaf fans are saying “nobody is untouchable for Eichel because he’s in the Barkov, Draisatl and Matthews” tier, that should tell your dumbass Rangers fandom something. Look at every trade with the roles reversed.

I don’t think Eichel is untouchable, but Ryan f***ing Strome is not the centrepiece as a return.
And I agree.....that's why it won't be Ryan Strome haha but Zibanejad almost certainly will be apart of the deal

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I have started seeing Eichel for Lafreniere mentioned in some parts of the internet.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
I have started seeing Eichel for Lafreniere mentioned in some parts of the internet.

Without raising an opinion one way or another, just imagining Panarin and Eichel in a line is pretty goddamn great image not gonna lie.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
It really makes me wonder if hockey is the sport you should be following if after Eichel being in the league for 6 years you only see him as Kessel with faceoffs lmao
6 year veteran kessel was a great offensive weapon with consecutive 30 goal seasons who couldn't drag toronto to the playoffs. kessel outlasted 2 coaches (3 with interim) & 2 gms. 3rd regime moved him at a loss. kessel got his massive deal 5 years after his elc, while eichel cashed in faster. eichel is on his 3rd regime now in buffalo & 3rd season of massive contract.

Or maybe you don't realize that Duchene and Johansen are basically pedestrian average second line centers at best. That deal is complete trash.

fully aware they are generic 2nd line guys. they make close to eichel money and contributed on playoff teams in nashville & before. its about what is best for the sabres, and that should include seasoned, successful veterans around olofson, dahlin, borgen & cozens. we already know what eichel can do with kane, ror, majo, hall, staal & skinner. we've watched eichels excuses contribute to teams in the playoffs. might be a crap deal if the 1st busts and ekholm doesn't take pressure off dahlin, risto & joker but that extra 2-3 million in cap surely would help in providing a supporting cast for cozens & olofson.

eichel has not elevated team mates. eichel 'needing' a ror, kane, hall, skinner to succeed devalues eichel more than anything i can type. eichel needing a better defense fails when bogo wins a cup and scandella, kulikov, pysyk & ruhwedal contribute to playoff teams. blaming the goalie ends with lehner getting vegas to the finals. i'm not even trying to shit on eichel, he is a spectacular player but incredibly difficult to build around & any GM looking at him has to realize he has survived 2 coach/gm purges and there is risk involved in acquiring jack.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
6 year veteran kessel was a great offensive weapon with consecutive 30 goal seasons who couldn't drag toronto to the playoffs. kessel outlasted 2 coaches (3 with interim) & 2 gms. 3rd regime moved him at a loss. kessel got his massive deal 5 years after his elc, while eichel cashed in faster. eichel is on his 3rd regime now in buffalo & 3rd season of massive contract.

fully aware they are generic 2nd line guys. they make close to eichel money and contributed on playoff teams in nashville & before. its about what is best for the sabres, and that should include seasoned, successful veterans around olofson, dahlin, borgen & cozens. we already know what eichel can do with kane, ror, majo, hall, staal & skinner. we've watched eichels excuses contribute to teams in the playoffs. might be a crap deal if the 1st busts and ekholm doesn't take pressure off dahlin, risto & joker but that extra 2-3 million in cap surely would help in providing a supporting cast for cozens & olofson.

eichel has not elevated team mates. eichel 'needing' a ror, kane, hall, skinner to succeed devalues eichel more than anything i can type. eichel needing a better defense fails when bogo wins a cup and scandella, kulikov, pysyk & ruhwedal contribute to playoff teams. blaming the goalie ends with lehner getting vegas to the finals. i'm not even trying to shit on eichel, he is a spectacular player but incredibly difficult to build around & any GM looking at him has to realize he has survived 2 coach/gm purges and there is risk involved in acquiring jack.
Yeah, well now i don’t need to wonder anymore, now we know hockey isn’t the sport for you.

Reactions: go4hockey

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Yeah, well now i don’t need to wonder anymore, now we know hockey isn’t the sport for you.
hockey is a team sport. eichel hasn't helped, led or contributed to his team making the playoffs despite the efforts of 3 coaches, 3 gms and a free spending owner. not disputing eichel or his talents as a singular player whatsoever. he is capable of many individual milestones, could get 100 points for sure, 30 goals aren't unreasonable, 60 assists within his grasp. doesn't mean a thing if sabres finish at the bottom again. jack isn't tavares elevating moulson or okposo, jack isn't mcdavid or crosby elevating sheary & kahun.

jack plays for jack stats, jack money & jack cred. jack has not helped the sabres do anything except sell jack jerseys, jack bobbleheads & jack tshirts.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
hockey is a team sport. eichel hasn't helped, led or contributed to his team making the playoffs despite the efforts of 3 coaches, 3 gms and a free spending owner. not disputing eichel or his talents as a singular player whatsoever. he is capable of many individual milestones, could get 100 points for sure, 30 goals aren't unreasonable, 60 assists within his grasp. doesn't mean a thing if sabres finish at the bottom again. jack isn't tavares elevating moulson or okposo, jack isn't mcdavid or crosby elevating sheary & kahun.

jack plays for jack stats, jack money & jack cred. jack has not helped the sabres do anything except sell jack jerseys, jack bobbleheads & jack tshirts.

I don't watch Eichel much but I am pretty sure he elevates his teammates. OKoposo and Matt Moulson were good players in their prime. I don't think Eichel had or has wingers equivalent to names mentioned above other than Hall but Taylor Hall is a driver and wouldn't Gel with Eichel.

I do think Eichel cares about winning but it is hard to win when your GM's fail to bring in a good supporting cast. Losing that O'Reilly trade was more detrimental to buffo than the oilers trading Hall and Eberle for Larsson and nothing. Buffalo has great young players but it doesn't look good.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

McDavid has Draisaitl with him and he still has made the playoffs only twice. Kahun had higher PPG pace in Buffalo than he does in Edmonton aswell. You’re literally expecting Eichel to carry Buffalo to playoffs by himself? There is no facts to support the claim that any player would ”elevate” Sabres in to the playoffs. Apparently Eichel is scoring and generating pretty much all of Sabres offense wrong too since that doesn’t help the team? Just an awful awful take and reeks of bias against him

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not really. Eichel is that good.
2 years ago there was a 8 point difference between Zib and JE.

Last year Zib trailed him by 3 points but played way less games.

This year, obviously Zib is struggling but he will come around.

The difference between the 2 is not a #1 overall pick and another 1st rounder. You will be disappointed with the return is that's what you are expecting, should he be moved.

Reactions: AirGut

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

The difference between the 2 is not a #1 overall pick and another 1st rounder. You will be disappointed with the return is that's what you are expecting, should he be moved.
You say that as if Mika is 24 and locked up for 6 more years like Eichel. Eichel hasn't even peaked yet. Mika clearly has. The Sabres shouldn't even want Mika in an Eichel trade because he doesn't fit the timeline at all. The point isn't that you have to add Laf to Mika to make up the difference, it's that Mika is not a piece that interests the Sabres, who, if trading Eichel, are clearly going into a rebuild. Laf or Kakko would be the primary piece in an Eichel trade (in which the Rangers still get by far the best piece). Nothing else moves the needle.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Zibanejad is a great player even with his struggles this year, but he's 3 and a half years older than Eichel and a free agent at the end of next season. Eichel is still considerably more valuable.

Reactions: truthbluth

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
You say that as if Mika is 24 and locked up for 6 more years like Eichel. Eichel hasn't even peaked yet. Mika clearly has. The Sabres shouldn't even want Mika in an Eichel trade because he doesn't fit the timeline at all. The point isn't that you have to add Laf to Mika to make up the difference, it's that Mika is not a piece that interests the Sabres, who, if trading Eichel, are clearly going into a rebuild. Laf or Kakko would be the primary piece in an Eichel trade (in which the Rangers still get by far the best piece). Nothing else moves the needle.

The NYR are statistically most likely going to be within the top 10 again for 2021's draft. Right now they have the 4th overall if the season ended today. BUF isn't going to want back JUST Laf or Kakko and a measly c-prospect or something. I don't buy it. They'll want to remain afloat competitively even after moving Jack Eichel. It'll be a NYR style "retool" with Zibanejad + Kravtsov/Lundkvist and a guy like Buchnevich/Georgiev along with that top 5 pick. BUF will want back the quantity of useful assets not just one or two guys simply because they were picked high recently. As a GM that'd be way more effective for your entire organization moving forward. The only talking point AGAINST Zib is his contract length, which BUF won't care about as much as you think and I believe he'd actually resign there. You know how swedes are....

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta

How old is zib and what's his contract status look like ?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I think the flyers could make just as competitive an offer as the rangers.

Konency
Frost
Zamula
1st

or

Konecny
Sanheim
1st

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Well Zibanejad is 3 years older and doesn't have contract certainty. He also hasn't proven he can hang at that level for the length of his next contract, whereas I think Eichel has room to grow in terms of stats.

Zib+Laf+1st is too steep but I don't think it's really that far off to be honest.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Well Zibanejad is 3 years older and doesn't have contract certainty. He also hasn't proven he can hang at that level for the length of his next contract, whereas I think Eichel has room to grow in terms of stats.

Zib+Laf+1st is too steep but I don't think it's really that far off to be honest.

a lot more needs to be added.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
a lot more needs to be added.

I am not sure I agree but I also don't blame you one bit for saying that. I would be f***ing pissed if Matthews was traded for that package.

It screws up the value that Laf has started so poorly, when in reality, I think he will be a Svechnikov quality winger in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad