Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Only after a trade goes through. Every trade in the NHL is contingent on the players involved passing a physical with their new team. Eichel isn't getting examined by another team's doctor until after the trade goes through.
Imagine a scenario as you suggest. Trade is agreed to. Acquiring team now gets access to Jacks imaging. They do new imaging and exam. They say Jack needs surgery and the trade collapses. What value does Jack have aftervthat?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I saw Jack Eichel at a grocery store in Lowell yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the trade or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I saw Jack Eichel at a grocery store in Lowell yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the trade or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

That's a very strange yet specific dream.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto

hahahaaha

WHAT!?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

As if Jack would ever be caught dead in Lowell. Other than that everything else about this is believable.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Straw man argument...

No one is saying that they should be sent to every team. But it is prudent to send them to any potential suitor that has both shown interest, and has the assets that Buffalo is seeking. If a potential trade can happen, then it makes sense to showcase the value that he has and eliminate any/all concerns on his neck injury.
Maybe the Rangers did this already and that’s why Brooks suggested Eichel needs the neck surgery? He has inside information from within the Rangers?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

lol, wtf did I just read?!
I’ll be that guy….is this…uhhhh…a real thing. I mean this can’t be real. lol

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

Confused_Mark_Wahlberg.0.gif

Reactions: TD Charlie

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Agreed. Thank god they fired that GM. For making that dumb mistake.

But thanks for continuing to agree with me and bolster my point.

What was the reason though? I thought Boston was a smart organization? They got rid of Joe Thornton too? Why did they do that?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

idontbelieveyou.gif

dam686

Jul 30, 2021
The avalanche tries a push:

kadri + compher + jost + Valeri Nichushkin + byram + annunen + olausson + 1rst col 2023 for Jack E. + V. olofsson

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
huh? Because you saw him skating on some instagram video? ... sigh...

It's pretty obvious Buffalo doesn't want him to have his preferred surgery because they are afraid he wont 100% recover.

Your point does not remain the same, the longer he needs surgery but does not receive surgery, the more his value falls.

Cool story bro... but in the end, you take the best value you can get. Right now only Buffalo and their fans believe he has the value that they are demanding.
It's only a lowball offer if its not market value. It's pretty clear that the market has made Eichel's value clear.

If he goes LTIR this season it becomes harder to trade him. So yeah... there is harm there. Pushing his recovery timeline down the road is harmful to both him and his potential trade partners.
My point was that in order to get full value the Sabres need to keep Eichel until he proves he can pace for 95 points again.

The market is low on Eichel right now for 2 reasons.
1. Injury uncertainty
2. Buffalo's reputation for getting impatient and accepting poor value on players they want to move on from(I.E. ROR)

Keeping Eichel until he produces on the ice again solves both problems and would change Eichel's market value in Buffalo's favor.

There's no harm in waiting because there is no pressure on Buffalo to produce results this season. If you think the NMC will be a factor next year the Sabres can just keep Eichel until he agrees to waive it, he's signed for 4 years after nmc kicks in.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What was the reason though? I thought Boston was a smart organization? They got rid of Joe Thornton too? Why did they do that?

If you have a point just go ahead and make it.

BOS stupidly thought a 21 year old kid wasn't taking the job seriously enough. Instead of working with him to help him figure it out they traded him and made a colossal mistake that likely cost them another Cup.

Joe Thornton was deemed a talented player but "not a good leader" (sound familiar too you at all)? And he was coming off an injury (again sound familiar) that he said caused him to not play as well in the playoffs as they'd like while they thought it wasn't as bad and he should've performed better (echoes... echoes... well except for playoffs since that ain't a thing in BUF). Thus they made a colossal mistake that likely cost them a Cup.

Yes you have made a tremendous point. Teams trade players for stupid reasons and regret it. That's exactly my point and your questions have made it even better than I could have. Thanks.

But I'm glad you agree that Adams is posing with his "We'll just keep Jack!" stance since you seem to be convinced they have a reason to trade him and will do so

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Not since the Kris Letang erotica have I been this thoroughly entertained.

Posting in legendary thread now

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
If you have a point just go ahead and make it.

BOS stupidly thought a 21 year old kid wasn't taking the job seriously enough. Instead of working with him to help him figure it out they traded him and made a colossal mistake that likely cost them another Cup.

Joe Thornton was deemed a talented player but "not a good leader" (sound familiar too you at all)? And he was coming off an injury (again sound familiar) that he said caused him to not play as well in the playoffs as they'd like while they thought it wasn't as bad and he should've performed better (echoes... echoes... well except for playoffs since that ain't a thing in BUF). Thus they made a colossal mistake that likely cost them a Cup.

Yes you have made a tremendous point. Teams trade players for stupid reasons and regret it. That's exactly my point and your questions have made it even better than I could have. Thanks.

But I'm glad you agree that Adams is posing with his "We'll just keep Jack!" stance since you seem to be convinced they have a reason to trade him and will do so

Were they stupid reasons? How many cups have Joe Thornton & Seguin won since leaving? Did Boston win any cups after they traded Thornton? Did they win any after they traded Kessel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad