Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I mean just the animosity developing between the fans and Eichel makes it an unwise proposition to keep him around. I can't imaging feeling the Sabres have handled this well but evidently there are a few Buffalo fans that think this was well done...No going back from this one.

I’m a Sabres fan that has no attachment to anybody on the team. I only like them while they’re a Sabre. After that, they can get retire for all I care.

Reactions: Team Cozens

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not a lawyer, sorry, and especially well versed in this area of law. Apparently Eichel could have gone to some sort of Arbitration for this issue but because the treatment he wants is still not big in North America, and it is experimental, he doesn't want to go to arbitration because he probably lose.

Normally, I'd say "Okay, he's being unreasonable then, he had an avenue to contest the medical decision by the Sabres and is choosing not to do it", but the other side of me says "What if this was the 40's or 50's and he wanted what was then an experimental treatment for his cancer and wanted a bone marrow transplant? Should he not be allowed because the Sabres want him to do chemo?"

Not sure about the law though. Might even be a new area of law if he sues.

yea dude this is crazy. If everything in this statement is true the Sabres really short themselves in the foot here, it says the Sabres medical staff has finally come around and agrees with Eichel’s neurosurgeon that he needs the surgery. If that’s the case it looks like they are deliberately delaying his surgery date/ rehab process so he can’t play next season at all. Or at least for most of the year.
To date the surgery has only been performed on an MMA fighter. He has since returned to action. But at this time no NHL players have gotten it. But there are also plenty of people in the public that have gotten it as well and swear by it. So who knows.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Nah they look really bad, especially in the eyes of the players. Nobody wants to play for a franchise that doesn't respect their preferred treatment option and holds unhappy players hostage
Such a terrible take, Sabres are in control and would look 10x worse accepting a crappy trade. They will not cave.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly wish Anaheim would buck up and get this done!
Just like adams was playing the patient game to try to get price to go up, BM was playing the patient game in hopes the situation boiled over.
My guess is Anaheim still very much in on him , bm has constantly mentioned adding a center, and been in on every center…. Even getzlaf resigning he said he expects bm to do a bit more to improve the roster going forward

Reactions: Team Cozens

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
This is all a ploy to put pressure on the Sabres to move him and just get it over with, even if it means a lesser return. Adam’s is determined, as he should be.

I doubt anything had changed aside from Eichel’s people being annoyed a trade hasn’t happened yet and Adam’s says he’s fine with Jack coming back. Jack doesn’t want to come back. So they create that release.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Such a terrible take, Sabres are in control and would look 10x worse accepting a crappy trade. They will not cave.

Bro you're wrong on this one. This destroys Buffalos image if your a player. Why would anyone want to sign or stay in Buffalo, ignoring the fact their a dumpster fire on the ice, they are playing chicken with their alleged franchise player.

Ain't no one going to want to play for Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad