Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Every team should just hold off and wait for Eichel's NMC to kick in.
I think the Ducks have tried to get him and they know he likely won't waive his NMC next offseason for them.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
It’s pretty funny to see how many people fundamentally don’t understand what “leverage” is. Adams has all of it. Eichel has none of it.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
It’s pretty funny to see how many people fundamentally don’t understand what “leverage” is. Adams has all of it. Eichel has none of it.

The irony in this post haha. How does Adams have the leverage? You implying Adams not trading him and keeping a disgruntled player around for the 5 years left and lose him for nothing at that time, is leverage?!

Absolutely mind boggling Sabres fans and whoever agrees with this notion, actually think this.

Every day that passes by, Sabres will get less in trade for Eichel.

Teams have signed players and now Sabres will be forced to take on salary to accomodate a trade, something they didnt have to do last week for many teams. If he keeps waiting in terms of years, teams will pay less for a player that is signed for less years.

Sooooo please, someone, anyone - that actually understands leverage and value- explain to me how Adams isnt handling this like an arm chair GM playing Playstation.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The irony in this post haha. How does Adams have the leverage? You implying Adams not trading him and keeping a disgruntled player around for the 5 years left and lose him for nothing at that time, is leverage?!

Absolutely mind boggling Sabres fans and whoever agrees with this notion, actually think this.

Every day that passes by, Sabres will get less in trade for Eichel.

Teams have signed players and now Sabres will be forced to take on salary to accomodate a trade, something they didnt have to do last week for many teams. If he keeps waiting in terms of years, teams will pay less for a player that is signed for less years.

Sooooo please, someone, anyone - that actually understands leverage and value- explain to me how Adams isnt handling this like an arm chair GM playing Playstation.
The organization doesn’t care if Eichel sits and rots. Why don’t you f***ing vultures realize that?

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
The organization doesn’t care if Eichel sits and rots. Why don’t you f***ing vultures realize that?

Why would a business want/watch it's most prized asset, diminish in value, by letting it "rot" instead of securing some value for it.

You treat this too much like JUST a sports team and not a BUSINESS.

Oh and im no vulture. Hate birds actually lol

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Eichel is probably healthy enough to play right now. He made his move to force his way out of town and it's not going how he wanted. I don't think Adams is bluffing and why would he trade Eichel now when his value is supposedly so low? If that is true won't offers of similar value (maybe not the same teams) be around around at the draft next season?

If Adams isn't bluffing then the next move is on Eichel. The pressure is on him. Eichel hasn't been to the playoffs and he badly wants to play on a larger stage. Well he is guaranteed that stage if he is back and playing when the Olympics roll around.

This is all my opinion but Eichel wants to be there. He wants to prove he is the best American player. He's watched the other young stars in the playoffs while he has been stuck on the worst team in the league for years. He is going to have a chance in a few months to prove he is as good as they are and take home some hardware. If Eichel is milking the injury a bit, I think we might see him back before the Olympics. Even if he hasn't been traded.

How his value going to be any better next year when Buffalo is looking ….ng terrible?

It’s another nightmare year for Buffalo& Eichel coming up

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I think you under estimate how bad it would make Adams look if they started the season with Eichel in the room. I know he said he would do it but it is not what he wants either and everyone knows it

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I started a new franchise mode and brought in Forsberg and Drouin (go figure) to play with Eichel, he is now thriving and moral is through the roof!

Someone make me GM in Buffalo pls, I'll sort that shit out. ;)

Reactions: Dr Quincy

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think you under estimate how bad it would make Adams look if they started the season with Eichel in the room. I know he said he would do it but it is not what he wants either and everyone knows it

To who? Only people like you who were praying they could get Eichel for a small fraction of what they know he's actually worth. Sabres fans will applaud him for holding his ground. Not trading Eichel >>>>>>> trading him for garbage.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
We've been over this.

If Eichel had "none of it" he wouldn't be on the block at all and he'd be BUF's #1 C for the next 5 years.

Unless you actually think the team is better off without him... in which case, he's not as good as you are saying and the return won't be as great.

The Sabres have some leverage. Eichel has some leverage. Other teams have some leverage. What % you want to give to each is what is debatable.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why would a business want/watch it's most prized asset, diminish in value, by letting it "rot" instead of securing some value for it.

You treat this too much like JUST a sports team and not a BUSINESS.

Oh and im no vulture. Hate birds actually lol
Because of SPITE!!!!!!!!!

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I dont think its really hard to understand that Adams is going to trade Eichel for full value or wait until he plays and shows hes fine. Either way hes getting what Eichel is worth

Reactions: displacedsabre

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We've been over this.

If Eichel had "none of it" he wouldn't be on the block at all and he'd be BUF's #1 C for the next 5 years.

Unless you actually think the team is better off without him... in which case, he's not as good as you are saying and the return won't be as great.

The Sabres have some leverage. Eichel has some leverage. Other teams have some leverage. What % you want to give to each is what is debatable.
Pretty much this…. Saying eichel has no leverage is a lie and saying other teams have no leverage is also a lie.

Good on adams for playing a bit of hard ball to squeeze more value out of other teams . Any eichel trade is a loss but if he can add value by playing the no rush card, great. There is also the downside of that where more teams drop out, or go different direction. Right now enough teams are still interested to do this…. But that has a time limit this year too

Reactions: FliegerKorps

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Kevyn Adams is literally tied up over a barrel for everyone to see and shouting at every passersby about how he's "fine" and "in control"

What an absolute buffoon. I mean, it is a shitty situation, but as a fan of a team that has been here like....12 times, f***ing deal with it and move on.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Imagine being this stubborn.

In 4-6 weeks, at most, Sabres are going to trade him for an offer they already have now and tell everyone how well they did by waiting.

This is just bullshit posturing.

I don’t think this will be the case. But if it is the case, it will mean that there are a bunch of NHL teams that could have had Jack Eichel if only they would have been willing to give a bit more. Time will tell on who looks foolish on that.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The league (and HF boards) assume Buffalo will cave and accept a lowball rather than start the season with Eichel on the roster.

Buffalo needs to start the season with Eichel on the roster and he needs to play well. Adams can then get the price he wants if he’s willing to take cap back.

Sabres are clearly tanking, so any damage Eichel being in the locker room causes is a bonus.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I doubt Terry and Kim are going to be fine paying him 10M a year to not play.
Or how monumentally stupid it would be to:

1. Get nothing from Eichel
2. Watch your young players get disillusioned by the poor treatment of Eichel
3. Watch free agent refuse to sign
4. Give rise to possible locker room issues.
5. Challenge your team's ability to rebuild through the best years of your new young stars
6. Give rise to fan disillusionment
7. Lose 10's of millions of dollars.

And what do your get out of all this? The off chance someone gets desperate and a 2nd rounder in their offer becomes a 1st rounder?

Man, no wonder the sabres suck. They are run by idiots.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The league (and HF boards) assume Buffalo will cave and accept a lowball rather than start the season with Eichel on the roster.

Buffalo needs to start the season with Eichel on the roster and he needs to play well. Adams can then get the price he wants if he’s willing to take cap back.

Sabres are clearly tanking, so any damage Eichel being in the locker room causes is a bonus.
Agreed. But I’d suggest if Jack is still a Sabre in September, he gets his neck surgery and isn’t playing. Then he goes to the Olympics and plays there as a showcase. That way the Sabres can avoid Jack in the room.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I dont think its really hard to understand that Adams is going to trade Eichel for full value or wait until he plays and shows hes fine. Either way hes getting what Eichel is worth

Yes but it seems like others teams have a much, much different idea of what full value means.

Biggest flaws I’ve seen over my years on HFboards is when it comes to a name like Eichel, fans of the team trading the elite player think that an acquiring player is either valuable or garbage as if only superstars or blue chip prospects are worth acquiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad