Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
on the FAN960 Friedman says the Flames are still in on Eichel. It's a big price.

Yeah, I said on the Flames board a while ago my 'insider' told me that they have a trade tabled and that the discussions aren't just 'check-ins' with Jack.
I think right now it's a waiting game to see who flinches first.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Logic game:

If Eichel needs surgery before playing...

AND Buffalo refuses to allow him to have said surgery...

AND rehab from surgery will be months in length

AND teams trade at the deadline for players that help their short term playoff chances

Then...

We can deduce that Eichel's value will NOT go up at the trade deadline.
We don't know that Eichel: "needs surgery before he can play". He was playing through the injury last year and they shut him down seemingly because it was a lost season and his pain wasn't subsiding. There were discussions between Eichel's camp and the organization about a resolution regarding his neck. Maybe that was a trade, maybe he's softened his stance on the fusion surgery, maybe it's recovered enough that surgery is on the back burner for now. We have no idea.
Lets assume in the next few weeks though trade offers go nowhere and surgery does happen either Buffalo or Eichel gives in. He'll have those months to recover and very likely be prepared to play and contribute post trade deadline. The nightmare scenario is obviously Eichel won't budge the team won't budge and he's unable to play.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Unless Jack needs neck surgery and misses 50 games. Big risk, but potentially high reward
That’s definitely true and something to consider.

Having a healthy Eichel and Suzuki down the middle with Caufield, Hoffman, Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher on the wings would be unreal. Our D is solid and then you have a guy like Price in nets.

Interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: Fatass

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Eichel is a good fit for the Flames.

1. They need a shake up
2. They have Monahan they could move to recoup assets.
3. Theyre in "win now" mode but need to re-tool.
4. They're in the west, which Buffalo will like.
5. They have Tkachuk and Gaudreau to re-sign. Buy-in becomes much easier when you get a guy like Eichel. Paying a steep price for Eichel also gets more palatable when you know it helps you keep Tkachuka nd Gaudreau long term.
6. They have some good defensemen and they could stand to move on from.
7. They have a a good young forward in Mangiapane to include.
8. I dont think theyre worried about moving future picks.

About the only downside I can see is that they might be a bit more "player heavy" than prospect heavy, which buffalo is looking for.

Edit: Repeated myself about monahan.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
As a Sabre fan I don’t really want LHD prospects.

Here’s our current leftie depth chart:
Dahlin, Power, Johnson, Samuelsson, Bryson. More than enough to round out that side for the next decade.

Our right side is just Jokiharju long term and maybe Laaksonen.

So I don’t see the need for Romanov/Guhle. We need forward prospects more than anything, and RHD.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Habs might as well offer kk+guhle+ two first rounders with conditions in terms of games played. Can a team put 1st rounders with games played and if he plays a certain amount of games the picks become unprotected? So if he plays like 60 games those 1st become unprotected and if not they are like top 5 protected or something?

Those games played are examples obviously but is this doable and legal?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Habs might as well offer kk+guhle+ two first rounders with conditions in terms of games played. Can a team put 1st rounders with games played and if he plays a certain amount of games the picks become unprotected? So if he plays like 60 games those 1st become unprotected and if not they are like top 5 protected or something?

Those games played are examples obviously but is this doable and legal?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, why not just make the pick top 3 protected at that point though. Cause the only way we end up top 5 worst team would be if Eichel misses basically about half the year.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
As a Sabre fan I don’t really want LHD prospects.

Here’s our current leftie depth chart:
Dahlin, Power, Johnson, Samuelsson, Bryson. More than enough to round out that side for the next decade.

Our right side is just Jokiharju long term and maybe Laaksonen.

So I don’t see the need for Romanov/Guhle. We need forward prospects more than anything, and RHD.
we just drafted Logan Mailloux :sarcasm:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah, I said on the Flames board a while ago my 'insider' told me that they have a trade tabled and that the discussions aren't just 'check-ins' with Jack.
I think right now it's a waiting game to see who flinches first.
Anything in the organization except Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Cornetto.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anything in the organization except Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Cornetto.

I've said it before in this thread:

On Calgary's end, I'd be fully onboard with:

One
of Gaudreau or Tkachuk
One of 2022 first rounder or 2023 first rounder
One of Zary or Coronato

If adding Mangi to the trade, drives the price down on the futures, I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad