Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Karjala Cup • Nov. 2-8 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, kinda weird shit. It won't surprise me, if they just don't wanna help Team Russia U20 with getting practice before the WJC.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I guess the loophole is that almost all of them have played in the KHL this season, so they could be classified as a senior player despite their age

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Apparently team Czech Republic will consist of players playing in Finnish league.

It would look like this:

G
Lukas Dostal, Ilves
Dominik Hrachovina, Tappara
Patrik Bartosak, Pelicans

D
Lukas Klok, Lukko
Libor Sulak, Kärpät
Jakub Galvas, Jukurit
Michal Moravcik, Tappara
Tomas Hamara, Tappara

F
Jiri Smejkal, Tappara
Rudolf Cerveny, Pelicans
Michal Spacek, Tappara
Simon Stransky, Jukurit
Ondrej Roman, Ilves
Radek Koblizek, Kärpät
Zdenek Sedlak, Kärpät/Hermes
Stanislav Vrhel, Pelicans

Additions from...? Sweden?

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Apparently team Czech Republic will consist of players playing in Finnish league.

They only have 10 players and 3 goalies.

It's a joke they haven't canceled this tournament, nobody cares anyway and I don't think there will more than 1000 people at the arena watching.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I'd say they should add Mozyakin to the roster - then the roster's average age will be clearly over 20 and noone will be able to say it's the U20 team. :)
Why bother? Add Dats and his greybeard will cover for everything.

[and he would still be better than most players in the tournament]

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If the tournament has that rule then all the power to them. Without a fixed rule I don't see how the 3 other teams can stop them.

I'm not arguing what the rule should or shouldn't be. I'm saying if there isn't a rule preventing the entire team from being U20 then I don't think the other teams can prevent Russia from doing that.
Yep, also they aren't U18 players. All of them are O18, which means they are grown men, even legally:)

Otherwise we would get some tournaments for players between 23 and 25 or something. That's nonsense.

Reactions: Oleksiak

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Teams, not players. You do understand the difference between individual U-20 players on a senior team and team with nothing but U-20 players?
What's the difference? Senior team DOES NOT mean they have to be of certain age. It means NO age restrictions. Even a 17 year old can play if the country's coaching staff feels like it. Every nation can bring a whatever team they see fit. Those players being members of the nation's U20 NT does not mean a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oleksiak

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The fun part is I can't find anything in russian news on the other teams protesting about Russia's U20 team. Sound like something that is not happening.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I can understand the management of the participating nations complaining but come on, the tournament is a joke this season so why even bother. Sweden is only using players from the domestic leagues, the Czechs are forced to use players from abroad (minus the players from the Swiss league) and the Finnish squad is still uncertain.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

It would look like this:

G
Lukas Dostal, Ilves

D
Lukas Klok, Lukko
Libor Sulak, Kärpät
Jakub Galvas, Jukurit
Michal Moravcik, Tappara
Tomas Hamara, Tappara

F
Jiri Smejkal, Tappara
Rudolf Cerveny, Pelicans
Michal Spacek, Tappara
Simon Stransky, Jukurit
Ondrej Roman, Ilves
Radek Koblizek, Kärpät

I'm a big fan of some of these guys... I don't mind this team at all. Galvas and Sulak are 2 of my fav Czech D. Spacek is easily one of my fav Czech forward prospects in that second tier (along with David Kase). Dostal is our future goalie I think. Don't get me wrong, we'll lose all our games but I'd enjoy watching these guys.

I think some Czechs feel the Extraliga is equivalent to Finnish Liiga. I see a nice crop of Czechs in Finland yet I don't see a nice crop of Finns in the Extraliga. Pretty telling. I'm actually thrilled our best Goalie prospect is in Finland.

Our coach said he'd like to send a U20 team too if Russia can. I did read that in the news.

From the Swedish end.. no chance for Broberg?

Last one.. Martin Kaut is moving to Modo... boy and am I hoping he goes to this!

Reactions: Pardus

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Don't get me wrong, we'll lose all our games but I'd enjoy watching these guys.
With that roster and some additions you won't. Bunch of really good players.

I already read today that 16-year-old Tomas Hamara is going to play so maybe that really is the base of your roster. Hamara is doing really well in Finnish U20 league.

All time stats per season for U17 d-men in Finnish U20 league:
Elite Prospects - U20 SM-sarja Stats All-time season

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You know, just because Russian media isn't talking about it, doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.
You know, russian media is not the european media. It is free and very attentive. Especially to all things sports and hockey. If there was anything worth mentioning, they would be all over it. Even if it were for clicks and drama.

Here is from the most recent Bragin interview. I think the NT head coach would know if there was anything.

https://www.sports.ru/hockey/109039...rit-kandidatov-na-kubke-karyaly-vse-turn.html

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
With that roster and some additions you won't. Bunch of really good players.

I already read today that 16-year-old Tomas Hamara is going to play so maybe that really is the base of your roster. Hamara is doing really well in Finnish U20 league.

All time stats per season for U17 d-men in Finnish U20 league:
Elite Prospects - U20 SM-sarja Stats All-time season
Hamara and Svozil are very rare Czechs in that they currently project to be 1st rounders and they both play D. This never happens anymore for Czechs (Swedes seem to have 4 every year in the first round). Having said that, they talked like this about Martin Has and he ended up in round 3 or 4. Not that he is a bust and he may make the NHL (let's hope) but not a first rounder. Hope Hamara and Svozil can keep it up. Lord knows we need good D.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019

It would look like this:

G
Lukas Dostal, Ilves

D
Lukas Klok, Lukko
Libor Sulak, Kärpät
Jakub Galvas, Jukurit
Michal Moravcik, Tappara
Tomas Hamara, Tappara

F
Jiri Smejkal, Tappara
Rudolf Cerveny, Pelicans
Michal Spacek, Tappara
Simon Stransky, Jukurit
Ondrej Roman, Ilves
Radek Koblizek, Kärpät

Vojtech Mozik, D, Färjestad;
Jan Ordos, W, Oskarshamn;
Radek Muzik, W, Luleå.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

It would look like this:

G
Lukas Dostal, Ilves

D
Lukas Klok, Lukko
Libor Sulak, Kärpät
Jakub Galvas, Jukurit
Michal Moravcik, Tappara
Tomas Hamara, Tappara

F
Jiri Smejkal, Tappara
Rudolf Cerveny, Pelicans
Michal Spacek, Tappara
Simon Stransky, Jukurit
Ondrej Roman, Ilves
Radek Koblizek, Kärpät

jan ordos, radek muzik and vojtech mozik is czechs playing in shl. Theodor Pistek is doing great in j20 so maybe give him a chance to get som experiance. but its not enough, still missing 4 forwards and 1 d. maybe players from czech2.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
And as usual, players already backs out. Rydahl and Lundberg is out, in with Nyberg, Wingerli and Backstrom. Probaly half the team will be gone and replaced when the tournament starts.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And as usual, players already backs out. Rydahl and Lundberg is out, in with Nyberg, Wingerli and Backstrom. Probaly half the team will be gone and replaced when the tournament starts.

How many have to decline till I see Broberg?

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Czech roster:

G
Patrik Bartošák (Pelicans, FIN)
Dominik Hrachovina (Tappara, FIN)
Lukáš Pařík (Bílí Tygři Liberec)

D
Filip Hronek (Mountfield HK)
Jakub Jeřábek (Podolsk, KHL)
Andrej Šustr (Kunlun, KHL)