Injury Report: EF: Quinn had surgery to repair an Achilles injury (out ~6 months)

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
6ryg5i.jpg

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The Quinn injury is an early wake up call . Even if we have a playoff roster and possibly...
This is buffalo and these guys must take okposo advice about how he cured his inflammation and input, output accordingly as KA I'm sure knows , if it can go wrong it will. But Fook everyone and be disciplined and have some fn fun as stress is s killer.. just don't embarrass urself or the sabres and they'll be fine..

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Wow this is legit devastating news. Just hoping it’ll end alright since it looks like it wasn’t a full tear.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I still think we should move Olofsson. Between Savoie, Kulich, Rousek, and Rosen they can manage. Hell, bring in another guy like Jost to be a depth fill in (Galchenyuk?) who can go to the press box if we get fully healthy, let the kids have healthy competition for ice time.

But I can see Adams holding on to VO. But if he didn't fit to end last year, I don't see how that changes even with Quinn's injury. We're already set to run back the same starting 12, so Quinn coming out is the spot for the prospects to fight over. All this means is Jost stays in.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
There were some deleted tweets in this thread that I missed but people seem to be saying they were about the severity of the tear. Is there any reliable news out there about how and when it happened, when Adams found out, etc? The only thing I saw was the "closer to 6 months" bit, which doesn't feel good.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation. To better understand, I’m wondering (and since Savoie’s Jan. 1 birthday makes him the ideal example for age-rules):

Would that mean Savoie immediately becomes AHL eligible on his 20th birthday (1/1/24)? But until then, is in either junior or the NHL?

Similarly, let’s say he was behind in his development and played 0 nhl games between now and 1/1/24. After that point, he’s over 20. So if the Sabres called him up from juniors and he plays one game, his ELC begins year one. As he’s over 20 and the 9 game rule no longer applies.

No. Regardless of his age, because Savoie is junior eligible, his contract will slide if he plays 1-9 games for the Sabres, no matter what. He can only be in juniors or in Buffalo for the regular season.

Theoretically the Sabres could keep him up all season, as long as he plays 9 or less games, but that’s a waste of a development year.

As for Quinn being injured, that sucks

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
There were some deleted tweets in this thread that I missed but people seem to be saying they were about the severity of the tear. Is there any reliable news out there about how and when it happened, when Adams found out, etc? The only thing I saw was the "closer to 6 months" bit, which doesn't feel good.
Lance responded to someone saying it wasn’t torn then deleted it.

Reactions: HOOats

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Word on the street it he suffered a partial tear jumping up from his couch in joy at the news that we got Benson.

Srsly tho, shit news, just hope he takes his time and makes a full recovery. Don’t do what Paccioretty did

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
So this opens the door for Benson and/or Savoie to get the 9 game tryout. After that send them down and give Kulich 9 games. And then Quinn is back. No harm no foul.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
saw on other board.. he posted it for perspective.. worked.

Erik Karlsson tore 70% of his achilles at 22 and went on to put up over 70 points the next season.

O ya, he put up 100 points last year,

The people in this thread acting like this is some career threatening injury are so dramatic. This is hockey, its not football or basketball.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Technically that can't be true. It's a matter of how torn, i.e. a complete tear.
Yeah, you are not having surgery to repair an Achilles injury that does not include a significant tear. Like you said, the question is about how torn it was as opposed to if it was torn or not.

Reactions: Zman5778

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Well an early test and a cautionary tale for all who are playing just like mitts, tage and muel and dahlin and tuch are cautionary tales to protect urself against idiot scum.. We have a lot of talent or a space for a Calgary vet or 1 year FA.
Texting while driving is never a good idea.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This sucks but I’m not nearly as worried about it as an injury on D or goal Would make me. Because of Mittelstadt. He walked the walk in important games in the top 6. Either slide him up to play with more talented players in Cozens and Peterka…or…hear me out…don’t freak out it’s only for a few months and he already showed what he could do…. put Tage with the Cozens line again and let Mitts cook with Tuch and Skinner. Either way the top six is in fine shape until Quinn gets back. AND Krebs deserves to move up in the top nine anyway. The replacement for Quinn isn’t a top six forward…it’s a defensively responsible center who kills penalties and wins faceoffs to play between Okposo and Girgensons. They have plenty of options for the top nine.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
He will be like a deadline pickup. Ok, I guess
Agreed. 30-40 games to help BUF move from a bubble team to top-3 in the Atlantic/Adams division.
Did it while working on explosiveness training, sprinting.
I first read that as explosives training.
Texting while driving is never a good idea.
Not directed to you singularly, but I read K8fool’s post as a general caution to/for all Sabres (and us fans) that an NHL career is tenuous, and an injury can happen anytime, whether result of accident or goonery or dumb random luck.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
This sucks but I’m not nearly as worried about it as an injury on D or goal Would make me. Because of Mittelstadt. He walked the walk in important games in the top 6. Either slide him up to play with more talented players in Cozens and Peterka…or…hear me out…don’t freak out it’s only for a few months and he already showed what he could do…. put Tage with the Cozens line again and let Mitts cook with Tuch and Skinner. Either way the top six is in fine shape until Quinn gets back. AND Krebs deserves to move up in the top nine anyway. The replacement for Quinn isn’t a top six forward…it’s a defensively responsible center who kills penalties and wins faceoffs to play between Okposo and Girgensons. They have plenty of options for the top nine.
I got roasted for suggesting Tage plays with people other than Tuch Skinny about a month ago. Brings out the best in Mitts and Tage can score with virtually anyone. Worked well for a few games at the end.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Erik Karlsson tore 70% of his achilles at 22 and went on to put up over 70 points the next season.

O ya, he put up 100 points last year,

The people in this thread acting like this is some career threatening injury are so dramatic. This is hockey, its not football or basketball.
Karlsson was also very clearly never the same again, not exactly a great example to use

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Karlsson was also very clearly never the same again, not exactly a great example to use

I swear people just say stuff to contradict a person without any substance or facts. The seasons after the injury were no different than before the injury. Karlsson later in his career had other injuries like a groin, heel, forearm, thumb, etc. Not to mention, he dealt with one of the most widely published personal issues that messed with him mentally too.

Know your facts buddy.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I’d like to know what his workout regimen consisted of. I feel and have felt that pro sports athletes are succumbing more and more to overuse injuries. The human body requires variation both to grow and stay healthy/injury free. If I’m his trainer I’d have Quinn doing basic strength training in the off season with focus on pressing/pulling/squatting coupled with simple conditioning. Save the explosive work for the last couple weeks before camp opens.

Of course I’m just speculating here but I have a hunch his off season training routine was filled with complex bullshit movement patterns.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad