Injury Report: EF: Quinn had surgery to repair an Achilles injury (out ~6 months)

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The doom in this thread is laughable.

He will recover absolutely fine for his career and its not even torn. He will be back by Christmas. This does nothing to change expectations of season, especially since Adams found out in June. The Stanley Cup champions were without one of their best players for most of year. This is the GMs job (Should have traded for Toffoli).

Lets not forget how slow Quinn started off last year.
The doom is about the potential career-long implications for a promising player, not about team season expectations for nervous casuals. Achilles is basically the last injury you'd even want for a player. I'd rather someone do their ACL and miss an entire season.

Reactions: RefsIdeas

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Not that big of a deal. If it was the 9 month like the non contact NFL ones, then it would be a concern. Legs heal muscle memory takes over by Jan/Feb he is 100% and we all forget about it. Savoie/Kulich/ROusek will get auditions this will move Mitts up to 2W and Krebs 3C probably.

The doom is about the potential career-long implications for a promising player, not about team season expectations for nervous casuals. Achilles is basically the last injury you'd even want for a player. I'd rather someone do their ACL and miss an entire season.
Hockey players worst injury is probably shoulders. So much impact on everything they do.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
The doom in this thread is laughable.

He will recover absolutely fine for his career and its not even torn. He will be back by Christmas. This does nothing to change expectations of season, especially since Adams found out in June. The Stanley Cup champions were without one of their best players for most of year. This is the GMs job (Should have traded for Toffoli).

Lets not forget how slow Quinn started off last year.
I think the doom is mostly from how bad Achilles injuries can be. If it’s not a full tear then hopefully he can return back to his old self.

Reactions: joshjull

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Not that big of a deal. If it was the 9 month like the non contact NFL ones, then it would be a concern. Legs heal muscle memory takes over by Jan/Feb he is 100% and we all forget about it. Savoie/Kulich/ROusek will get auditions this will move Mitts up to 2W and Krebs 3C probably.

Hockey players worst injury is probably shoulders. So much impact on everything they do.
Hope you're right. It's still a spooky injury for a guy whose future has always depended a lot on continued physical development.

Olaf Fub

Aug 23, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I guess the silver lining is that it happened before July 1st.

They have plenty of cap space. I'd add a veteran forward to the shopping list for next week and sign him to a one-year deal. Then, you can still trade VO, not rush anybody's development and let Quinn take until next Spring to recover.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Gut punch of an injury. I wonder if they now dip their toes in free agency for a top 6 wing?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
My guess is Jost signs and Rousek and he split 13th forward/4th line duties. Mitts moves up to the top six. Krebs moves up to the third line/switches with whoever is playing with Okposo and Girgensons as needed.

no need to keep Olofsson. Still a spot for someone to earn on third line

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Gut punch of an injury. I wonder if they now dip their toes in free agency for a top 6 wing?

I highly doubt it. MAYBE this puts a legit 3rd/4th line center on the agenda.........bump Mitts to wing with Peterka and Cozens.

I still think the most likely course of action is we just don't move Olofsson, hope he rehabilitates his value some and then sell him off for something at the deadline.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I highly doubt it. MAYBE this puts a legit 3rd/4th line center on the agenda.........bump Mitts to wing with Peterka and Cozens.

I still think the most likely course of action is we just don't move Olofsson, hope he rehabilitates his value some and then sell him off for something at the deadline.
I rather have him moved for scraps then having to watch and diminish or chances of making it to the big show.
he is 27 and hasnt yet figured out how to be competitive ever night, it seems to be mental and out of his reach.
Rousek in, VO out.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I am way more concerned about him missing the rest of summer training he had planned out than I am concerned about him missing a couple months of game action.

This was a big off-season for him

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I may have to ignore this thread. It hurts seeing it every time I open the sub-forum. :*(

Reactions: toddkaz

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY

Stop with this career-long implication crap. The runner up of the MVP in the Stanley Cup got an experimental neck surgery to come back stronger than ever. He will be 100% by next year.

Jeez people, settle down. You are look pitiful acting the guy just lost his arm or something.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
That sucks for Jack, hopefully he makes a full recovery and comes back swinging around Dec/Jan... but the silver lining IMO, is the cabinets are full with young forwards. Injuries like these are how these kids get their shots, and if nothing else it may give us a good idea of who's up next to the big show.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Jeez people, settle down. You are look pitiful acting the guy just lost his arm or something.
You remind me of my dad. My mom loves telling a story about when I was maybe 1-1.5 year old. I was crying at a church, and my dad apparently yelled at me to stop acting like a baby. The got a few looks from people. Old school dads could be a bit crazy, heh.

Let people work through their emotions, my dude.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I wonder what routine/exercise/rep he was doing when he tore it..............?

Also, how does one maintain any sort of conditioning and skill refinement with this sort of injury?

Gotta believe this board has some PT and sports medicine experts on it....

Did it while working on explosiveness training, sprinting.
Resistance bands? Extra weights on feet and ankles?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Well an early test and a cautionary tale for all who are playing just like mitts, tage and muel and dahlin and tuch are cautionary tales to protect urself against idiot scum.. We have a lot of talent or a space for a Calgary vet or 1 year FA.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3