News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Must've been some higher up at Sportsnet. They ran him out of town to Calgary and promoted Kevin Quinn.

BTW, don't put it past Rogers. Look up Damian Goddard and the simple statement that got the sloped foreheads at Rogers all hot and bothered, leading to his unreasonable sacking.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And he posts on HFBoards in his free time...haha thanks for the support. It's not work if you love what you do, it does get busy though! Just to chime in on the conversation because I'm a 20 year HFBoarder myself, when the pandemic hit I lost my side gig at Oilers Nation and with CFL shutdown my play-by-play side gig dried up for now and I'm a guy who just keeps busy to deal with stress so I just created something on my own and it's gone pretty well. Never a bad idea to keep all of your options open and if you aren't generating content you'll get left behind.

Anyway....keep up the great discussion here folks, I love it...even the chirps lol
I was literally going to post this.

The way the world is going it's best to try open up as many options as possible.You never know who's eye you'll catch.

Reactions: oilers'72

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
I gotta say though someone like Dustin Nielson has to be a figgin energizer bunny. Not only does he do a 3 hour radio show each morning, but he does Oil Stream 2x week, 2 Guys and a goalie 2x week, and Lock Shop 1x week. Plus a bunch of hits on other podcasts and radio shows.
It's actually a 4 hour show every day, all of those podcasts & hits you mention plus he & his wife have 2 little kids. Very busy guy...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So I started listening to Stauffer at lunch off and on. First started when 1260 was on a commercial break and then the next time it was because they had O-Dog as guest.

I have to say I really don't mind Stauffer on game day and the day after game day. Really like that he has guys like Shannon and Debrusk on his show as well.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
So I started listening to Stauffer at lunch off and on. First started when 1260 was on a commercial break and then the next time it was because they had O-Dog as guest.

I have to say I really don't mind Stauffer on game day and the day after game day. Really like that he has guys like Shannon and Debrusk on his show as well.
He hasn’t had Friedman on for the last couple of weeks. Anything up with that?
Btw loved when he had Terry Ryan on. No idea why they turfed him.

Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe he had a disagreement and Stauffer didn't like it. After yesterday Spec might be gone lol.

Stauffer trying to say that LD's +/- is a lot better due to less SHGA and him getting all these empty net points.

Spec say McDavid was -7 last year and Leon -6. This year +26 and +32. They didn't have the stats on what impact SHG and empty net points were, but Spec said there is obviously more to it than that.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Btw loved when he had Terry Ryan on. No idea why they turfed him.

Friedman said on 31 thoughts a couple weeks ago that he was taking 2 weeks to rest and was cancelling all his radio hits. I'm thinking he'll be on with Stauffer on friday again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Ferraro looks like the new lead analyst for ESPN. Not sure I like that, means less of him here in Canada.

Really going to miss if he no longer does local radio guest spots.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Thanks. I'm hoping to get an actual email address because I have an attachment to send and can't do that with a contact form.

Maybe start with that form, and let him know what you want to send, and then see what he says.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Going through that thread, there were a couple of videos of CBS and NBC's between period content. Not sure who the interviewer was talking with Joanne Hull but it was like one long 1960s commercial.

There is mutual interest.

The big problem for hockey television in the US is the 2 intermissions.

When CBS had the contract 50 years ago they tried this

In 1973 when NBC took over we got this

It was so popular in the US that HNIC bought the Canadian rights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad