Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | Part II | EDM Lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Easier said than done - he's pretty fast, you might have noticed, and I mean, if that's the kind of game LA wants, Edmonton is pretty well equipped to pay that back in spades. This group isn't soft and they tend to not take dirty runs at McDavid very positively.

Try it if you want, just don't get too attached to guys like Kempe and Fiala if you do.
Yeah we know

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Stu Skinner could be better than he has been, but, whatever, the Oilers just need average goaltending.

I have two concerns about Edmonton's chances of finishing off this series in game six (or seven, for that matter):

1) Darnell Nurse -- Nurse was utterly disastrous in games three and four (both in L.A.). Like, among the worst games of his career. The Oilers would have just won the series if not for Nurse's utterly awful plays in game three (the team overcame him in game four). He was much better in game five in Edmonton, but still had an inexplicable gaffe on the third Kings' goal. If Nurse can just calm down and play his position without reaching for pucks, doing the starfish, or trying for 'hero' plays at bad moments, he can be an excellent player. He certainly has the skills and size/toughness. The problem is that about every other game he falls into these terrible habits...

2) Connor McDavid's defensive game -- McDavid has generally been very good defensively this year (I mean, by the standards of a top-line center), and at times has been excellent. But for some inexplicable reason, he's been quite poor this series. He was awful defensively in game five. I don't know what's going on this past week or two, but he needs to be more dialed-in in his own zone.

If those two issues are adequately dealt with, the Oilers will eliminate L.A. in game six.
You must have mistaken Desharnais for Nurse.
Desharnais is the only reason this is a close series.

Agree with McDavid floating defensively..

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If the Kings were going to play dirty and try to injure Mcdavid , last game was the best time to do it. I don’t think anyone wants to play dirty and will only be aggressive when given the right opportunity at the right time .

I truly believe that Edmonton was the worst matchup for us stylistically because we went more towards a skilled team and 4 lines which would help us against any team in the west and i think we would beat any team in the west , but Oilers have top firepower at the most elite level and they also have a bottom 6 whos big fast and can chip in goals . They have an underrated great team . Only weakness i see is possibly on defense and in goal but Ekholm has made the Oilers more sound and steady and Skinner just has to be good not great .

yeah, the stupid penalty fiala took on the goalie was terrible. If you're going to go stupid, it better be a solid crosscheck on the ribs to one of the oilers scorers.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Easier said than done - he's pretty fast, you might have noticed, and I mean, if that's the kind of game LA wants, Edmonton is pretty well equipped to pay that back in spades. This group isn't soft and they tend to not take dirty runs at McDavid very positively.

Try it if you want, just don't get too attached to guys like Kempe and Fiala if you do.
I'm well aware of guys like Kane already doing unprovoked attacks and injuring them. Also, who says you have to be dirty to hit McDavid? Just target your hits to the leg that hurts.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Is there a legal way to target the legs with hits?
Why not? How else did he hurt it in the first place? You could make sure that he skates hard too. Make him chase the play. Make him earn every inch of ice. You could selectively choose which side you want to make contact with first.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I think this thread sums up how us Kings fans feel about our chances in this series at this point. Even if they pull off Game 6, they’re not winning 7. They blew their chance in this series.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
No idea what to expect.

Heart desperately wants a game 7.

Brain says Edmonton has been here before and handled LA in the biggest games.

Last game was just embarrassing for LA. Just want them to come out and play without fear and hesitation.
Oilers have for sure been better in "Big game" moments over the past few seasons but Korpisalo as a big game player cannot be underestimated. Some guys just have it and to me he is one of them. I expect to see his best tomorrow. The Oilers will have to heavily outplay LA to win in my mind.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm well aware of guys like Kane already doing unprovoked attacks and injuring them. Also, who says you have to be dirty to hit McDavid? Just target your hits to the leg that hurts.

I'm just imagining Doughty and Anderson going down on all fours as soon as McDavid carries the puck into the zone in an attempt to hit him low.

It's already hard enough for guys to land hits on McDavid, I really don't foresee anyone managing to get him with a hip check. Anything lower and it's clipping and we all know how the Kings' PK has been in the series.

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
Why not? How else did he hurt it in the first place? You could make sure that he skates hard too. Make him chase the play. Make him earn every inch of ice. You could selectively choose which side you want to make contact with first.

Mans saying this like every defender/centre doesn’t try to do this yet end up on TSN plays of week.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Feels like Oilers fans (generally speaking) are being extra nice lately in this thread. Almost as if they don’t want to jinx the series or mess with karma ;)

Appreciate that the thread has shifted from a ref focus. On both sides.

In a best of seven the best team usually wins. Glad it’s finally game day. Looking forward to a great game.

Reffing was much better and largely unnoticeable the last couple games. Fans (from both sides) do not inherently want to complain about reffing if there is no need to. Good refs should not even be noticeable in a game.

Also, the Kings are a good teams it’s Oilers fans sticking up for that team as we actually watch them a lot compared to some of the ignorant fly by posts by fans who have no idea what they are talking about.

Good to see the Kings organization and their fans disavow that garbage conduct from the fan who spit on young Cecily. It‘s a good look on the organization to fly her and her family back out there for tonight’s game. Also, regarding Kane, by all accounts he‘s an excellent father to his two girls and has been very good in the community. Sometimes men do a lot of stupid and immature shit in their 20s and grow to mature into better people in their 30s. A tale as old as time.

Good luck tonight, hopefully the Oilers close it out but I’m fully expecting this to a battle. This has been arguably the best series in round 1 so far. Florida v Boston up there as well.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Feels like Oilers fans (generally speaking) are being extra nice lately in this thread. Almost as if they don’t want to jinx the series or mess with karma ;)

Appreciate that the thread has shifted from a ref focus. On both sides.

In a best of seven the best team usually wins. Glad it’s finally game day. Looking forward to a great game.
Kings fans stepping up huge for Cecily after that shit fan incident was really cool. I got nothing but respect for you guys here on out

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone else f***en stressed? I'm stressed! I think King's win tonight and we go to game 7. They just don't go away.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad