Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | Part II | EDM Lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
At least you can watch tonight knowing there is another chance if you lose. None of us can predict it. Life will go on either way. Enjoying the ride is all we can do.
It's better in that I think if Toronto loses.. they have zero chance in game 7 IMO. We could still win a game 7 if we lose tonight IMO.

I've loved the King's battle and think they'll have a really strong game!

Game 7's are shitshows.. don't want to go there.

Reactions: LAKings88

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
shelter in place was on the table at the time too.

We call that "1-3-1"

Is there a legal way to target the legs with hits?

Yes

a Blake Lizotte shoulder check will give any normal-sized human a charley horse

I think this thread sums up how us Kings fans feel about our chances in this series at this point. Even if they pull off Game 6, they’re not winning 7. They blew their chance in this series.

Pretty much

At this point I'm just trying to have some fun with it, no expectations, just go down swinging and NOT in a defensive shell please

I'm thinking of the 2013 Kings, just beat to shit, top guys playing on one leg, completely outclassed anyway, fighting and scraping their way to OT before Toews-Kane won it, I was okay with that, guys were clearly on it, bleeding everywhere, nothing left on the table.

If we just sit back down two tonight and don't even move a muscle...

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Feels like Oilers fans (generally speaking) are being extra nice lately in this thread. Almost as if they don’t want to jinx the series or mess with karma ;)

Appreciate that the thread has shifted from a ref focus. On both sides.

In a best of seven the best team usually wins. Glad it’s finally game day. Looking forward to a great game.
Nah it over tonight, jinx isn't a thing. Kings are lucky they get a third game at home. Enjoy the last Kings hockey of the season tonight.

Reactions: Macheteops

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Nah it over tonight, jinx isn't a thing. Kings are lucky they get a third game at home. Enjoy the last Kings hockey of the season tonight.
McDavid and Draisaitl will be held scoreless for the next two games and the Kings penalty kill will kill off 20 consecutive penalties including a five minute two man advantage.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Sean Durzi will actually play defense. Checkmate.
Nurse will play up to his contract.
explosion-explosion-walk-away.gif

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
McLellan: "We can talk about lines, we can talk about pairs, but we’re looking for high-end performances from 20 individuals that work together collectively and put their best on the line. There’s no other way to put it, there’s no magic, that’s what we’re looking for. We’ve worked real hard all year, the last few years, to give ourselves an opportunity to win this type of game. We’re going to take a swing at it, a real good swing at it, and see what we have."

Translation: "We could talk about me doing my job, but I want to blame the 20 players, instead, for not doing theirs and not working hard enough while I stand behind the bench, munching leaves. There's nothing that I can do. We'll just keep doing what we've been doing for 87 games, cross our fingers and hope that it works.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Adios LA you had a great season, the game 4 collapse was the turning point of this series

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
McLellan: "We can talk about lines, we can talk about pairs, but we’re looking for high-end performances from 20 individuals that work together collectively and put their best on the line. There’s no other way to put it, there’s no magic, that’s what we’re looking for. We’ve worked real hard all year, the last few years, to give ourselves an opportunity to win this type of game. We’re going to take a swing at it, a real good swing at it, and see what we have."

Translation: "We could talk about me doing my job, but I want to blame the 20 players, instead, for not doing theirs and not working hard enough while I stand behind the bench, munching leaves. There's nothing that I can do. We'll just keep doing what we've been doing for 87 games, cross our fingers and hope that it works.

"I've tried nothing aside from a 1-3-1 and I'm all out of ideas."

Actually sounds sort of desperate or dire. It's not the "we trust our system" sort of comment you might expect, but more of a "we're close to totally f***ed and need everyone to have an amazing game" feel.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GDT is up for Game 6…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad