Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | Part II | EDM Lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Classic Ryan Rishaug ambulance chasing lol. He's filming a monitor to get that little injury info out there lmao.
Hard work down in the trenches.

It's hilarious to hear his segments on 1260. They'll ask him for specific insight, and it's always followed by a long pause, a drawn out "Uhhhhhhhhhhh", and a nothing answer.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Danault has played him well but Woodcroft has avoided that matchup since game 3/4ish.
McDavid could play the game in a wheelchair and the Kings will still play scared on their heels.
They are so scared that they back off to give Kulak and Foegele the same respect to enter the zone with space.

I disagree here. They aren't playing scared at all, they're playing stupid and showing too much respect, giving up too much space. TMac changed the match ups in game 4/5, putting Kopitars line out against McDavid, leaving Danaults against the 2nd line. My guess is they had been getting the best scoring chances and wanted to get them more chances instead of just playing defense. This kept backfiring with McDavid line getting matched up against our 4th repeatedly.

Reactions: Schmooley

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Stu Skinner could be better than he has been, but, whatever, the Oilers just need average goaltending.

I have two concerns about Edmonton's chances of finishing off this series in game six (or seven, for that matter):

1) Darnell Nurse -- Nurse was utterly disastrous in games three and four (both in L.A.). Like, among the worst games of his career. The Oilers would have just won the series if not for Nurse's utterly awful plays in game three (the team overcame him in game four). He was much better in game five in Edmonton, but still had an inexplicable gaffe on the third Kings' goal. If Nurse can just calm down and play his position without reaching for pucks, doing the starfish, or trying for 'hero' plays at bad moments, he can be an excellent player. He certainly has the skills and size/toughness. The problem is that about every other game he falls into these terrible habits...

2) Connor McDavid's defensive game -- McDavid has generally been very good defensively this year (I mean, by the standards of a top-line center), and at times has been excellent. But for some inexplicable reason, he's been quite poor this series. He was awful defensively in game five. I don't know what's going on this past week or two, but he needs to be more dialed-in in his own zone.

If those two issues are adequately dealt with, the Oilers will eliminate L.A. in game six.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Coach Todd is using these extra days off working on his adjustments for game 6. Can’t wait to hear that he has planned. :popcorn:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I disagree here. They aren't playing scared at all, they're playing stupid and showing too much respect, giving up too much space. TMac changed the match ups in game 4/5, putting Kopitars line out against McDavid, leaving Danaults against the 2nd line. My guess is they had been getting the best scoring chances and wanted to get them more chances instead of just playing defense. This kept backfiring with McDavid line getting matched up against our 4th repeatedly.

I mean isn't it very telling exactly how f***ing stupid he is that we get better matchups by default on the road then when Todd has last change at home?

Coach Todd is using these extra days off working on his adjustments for game 6. Can’t wait to hear that he has planned. :popcorn:

Biggest adjustment will be from Wrigley's to Trident.

• Haha
Reactions: Osprey

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
jkgDf7z.jpg

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This is what I'm talking about, literally Stockholm syndrome. The rest of the boards is so out of touch with reality in the Pacific that most of posters talking up the Kings are Oiler fans lmao. Need a region lock or something for these fans that go to bed before our games start.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
This is what I'm talking about, literally Stockholm syndrome. The rest of the boards is so out of touch with reality in the Pacific that most of posters talking up the Kings are Oiler fans lmao. Need a region lock or something for these fans that go to bed before our games start.
Yep, I really wish the Kings played someone from the Central.
I would like to enjoy them beating on another team aside from us lol

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
seriously! even last year, People actually tried to chirp the oilers because kings took them to 7. the kings are a great team and were last year too. Kings and Oilers both easily top 10 teams in the league this year.

Reactions: Mez

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I desperately want to win tomorrow and avoid a Game 7.. however, the King's have played great and I think they'll push it to 7.

It's been a great series! I have developed a real hate for some LA players which is the highest compliment I can give an opponent.lol

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If I'm LA, I know what I'm doing.
Easier said than done - he's pretty fast, you might have noticed, and I mean, if that's the kind of game LA wants, Edmonton is pretty well equipped to pay that back in spades. This group isn't soft and they tend to not take dirty runs at McDavid very positively.

Try it if you want, just don't get too attached to guys like Kempe and Fiala if you do.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Easier said than done - he's pretty fast, you might have noticed, and I mean, if that's the kind of game LA wants, Edmonton is pretty well equipped to pay that back in spades. This group isn't soft and they tend to not take dirty runs at McDavid very positively.

Try it if you want, just don't get too attached to guys like Kempe and Fiala if you do.

If the Kings were going to play dirty and try to injure Mcdavid , last game was the best time to do it. I don’t think anyone wants to play dirty and will only be aggressive when given the right opportunity at the right time .

I truly believe that Edmonton was the worst matchup for us stylistically because we went more towards a skilled team and 4 lines which would help us against any team in the west and i think we would beat any team in the west , but Oilers have top firepower at the most elite level and they also have a bottom 6 whos big fast and can chip in goals . They have an underrated great team . Only weakness i see is possibly on defense and in goal but Ekholm has made the Oilers more sound and steady and Skinner just has to be good not great .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad