Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | Part II | EDM Lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
looks like I upset a certain fan base when I suggest their crash burn will be fun to watch, I suggest that fan base goes back and look and the last 2 games and the type of goals their team gave up, LA is a so so team and the oilers are struggling big time time to control and beat them,
Stick to daydreaming about the playoffs. Watching them doesn't seem to be your strong point.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
looks like I upset a certain fan base when I suggest their crash burn will be fun to watch, I suggest that fan base goes back and look and the last 2 games and the type of goals their team gave up, LA is a so so team and the oilers are struggling big time time to control and beat them,

You upset no Oiler fan whatsoever.
You only made yourself look like an absolute clown though, so good job on that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Anyone ripping on the Kings as being a weak team doesn't know their ass from their elbow. They aren't a perfect team (who is?) but they are a tough team to beat and I had it as Oilers in 6 before the series. This series isn't over yet and if LA moves on they likely do damage in the 2nd round against any team with the possible exception of Colorado in the west.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Anyone ripping on the Kings as being a weak team doesn't know their ass from their elbow. They aren't a perfect team (who is?) but they are a tough team to beat and I had it as Oilers in 6 before the series. This series isn't over yet and if LA moves on they likely do damage in the 2nd round against any team with the possible exception of Colorado in the west.

Half of thsoe doing so are Kings fans, but go figure, but aside from McDavid.....MacKinnon is my god....that goal he scored against Seattle....just..bent the entire team to his will and dominated.....I think COL is a bit weaker than last year, depth wise, but just like EDM, the up front talent, is more than enough to overcome that

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Half of thsoe doing so are Kings fans, but go figure, but aside from McDavid.....MacKinnon is my god....that goal he scored against Seattle....just..bent the entire team to his will and dominated.....I think COL is a bit weaker than last year, depth wise, but just like EDM, the up front talent, is more than enough to overcome that
Yeah but it's more complaining about the coaching vs. the personnel based on what I've seen.

Reactions: Cup or Bust

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yeah but it's more complaining about the coaching vs. the personnel based on what I've seen.

Oh no, it's both, maybe not in here, but Edler, Walker, Durzi, Lizotte, Iafallo, Grundstrom, have all.....been deemed unworthy of skate laces, let alone NHL ice at some point during the season etc.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It's tempting to assume that adding talent makes a team better and subtracting it makes it worse, but it doesn't always work that way. Nashville was a seller at the deadline, but surged afterward and almost made the playoffs. LA didn't have Doughty and Arvidsson for last year's playoffs, but the team stepped up and, in particular, depth players like Durzi and Grundstrom played better than they actually were. This year, Doughty and Arvidsson are healthy, so the team hasn't had to step up to replace them and Durzi and Grundstrom have been mostly terrible. Similarly, they've gotten Fiala and Vilardi back and the team has played worse, as you noted. You can't just assume that a team will be better by getting players back. Talent is only half of the equation. Look no further than the most recent expansion team being tied 2-2 in a series with the most recent Cup champs. LA has a lot more talent than Seattle, but Seattle is holding its own against an equally tough opponent because of a strong team game (including a PK percentage double that of LA's).

TBF, Avs have two major injuries, Makar is serving a suspension as well. The Avs problem this year has always been depth, and not a very good record vs playoff teams. Seattle has elite depth, despite no superstars. LA has more depth than the Oilers, but Oilers having two superstars, as opposed to the Kings having none, makes a huge difference. Even then the Oilers actually have good depth for once.

Reactions: Osprey

snag

Feb 22, 2014
TBF, Avs have two major injuries, Makar is serving a suspension as well. The Avs problem this year has always been depth, and not a very good record vs playoff teams. Seattle has elite depth, despite no superstars. LA has more depth than the Oilers, but Oilers having two superstars, as opposed to the Kings having none, makes a huge difference. Even then the Oilers actually have good depth for once.

In addition to a star forward that nobody knows where the hell he is or why...

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
I mean I'm a Canes fan and am frustrated by the way Edmonton struggles with opponents in the west come playoff time, especially a team like the Kings. Must be tough to be a fan. I mean damn.
I would put good money on the Kings of right now beating the Canes of right now in 6 games or less.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I would put good money on the Kings of right now beating the Canes of right now in 6 games or less.
I would put good money on just about anybody except the Islanders for doing the same this year. This ain't about the Canes. This is about a team that has the two best players in the NHL on it.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Kings doing Cecily a solid like they did for Ben

Well done...

FSVjz39VsAAe6Tq

giphy.gif

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I believe the Krak are taking care of that as we speak :sarcasm:

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
One thing i haven't heard talked about is how the Kings haven't been able to handle the long change in the 2nd period.

Total series Oilers are outscoring the Kings 7-3 in the 2nd period, and since game 3: 7-1

Reactions: Porkleaker

Homesick

Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Tbh I think he's been injured since he had a knee on knee collision with Robertson on March 16th.

It's been noticable this series, his explosiveness not quite there.

But injuries aren't an excuse, the better team needs to find a way.
I think he's been shadowed pretty well by Danault and even if there's an injury he seems to be able to play through it. He's still outskating everyone else

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I think he's been shadowed pretty well by Danault and even if there's an injury he seems to be able to play through it. He's still outskating everyone else

Additionally, when there are media types always watching too, I would have my guys shaking random bogus shit out. Keep em all guessing and f***ing around with their gameplans trying to capitalize on something nonexistent ;)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
One thing i haven't heard talked about is how the Kings haven't been able to handle the long change in the 2nd period.
To be fair, it's not like they could've predicted or practiced this during the season. I'm sure that Todd is just as surprised as us that there are 2nd periods in the playoffs. I'm sure that he'll adjust. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Danault has played him well but Woodcroft has avoided that matchup since game 3/4ish.
McDavid could play the game in a wheelchair and the Kings will still play scared on their heels.
They are so scared that they back off to give Kulak and Foegele the same respect to enter the zone with space.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Classic Ryan Rishaug ambulance chasing lol. He's filming a monitor to get that little injury info out there lmao.
Yeah when I see these updates it makes me wonder if LA will put a few slashes on that leg now. Idk they probably have someone scouting Oiler practices anyway

Homesick

Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Classic Ryan Rishaug ambulance chasing lol. He's filming a monitor to get that little injury info out there lmao.
He's like a little kid just trying to get attention. I can't remember the last time he's had some intelligent insight to the game or the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad