Edmonton Oil Kings/Junior Hockey thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Welcome back!

In a nutshell, where abouts were you for those 16 weeks?

Thx! Was all over Europe, from Portugal to Czechia and all points in between it seems lol. Have a son and daughter in law living in Belgium whose expecting our first grandchild early next year so we made up for 2 years of Covid prison by spending some quality time there! Came back just in time for hockey season!

Hope you had a good summer!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thx! Was all over Europe, from Portugal to Czechia and all points in between it seems lol. Have a son and daughter in law living in Belgium whose expecting our first grandchild early next year so we made up for 2 years of Covid prison by spending some quality time there! Came back just in time for hockey season!

Hope you had a good summer!
That's awesome! Have been to Europe a couple times, and would love to take my wife(who has never been)to to visit some of the countries I was at, and then some. Hopefully in the next year or so. Congrats on the upcoming munchkin!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If anyone wants 2 Loge ledge tickets for tonight’s game (free) let me know via PM with your email and I’ll transfer them over! 2 of the best seats in the house!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If anyone wants 2 Loge ledge tickets for tonight’s game or any other (free) let me know via PM with your email and I’ll transfer them over! 2 of the best seats in the house!

Reactions: bellagiobob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If anyone wants 2 Loge ledge tickets for tonight’s game or any other (free) let me know via PM with your email and I’ll transfer them over! 2 of the best seats in the house!

Oct 28 and 30 gone. Again these are free Loge Ledge tix first come first served!

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Well this what I was afraid of.

Tonight is the teddy bear toss and the oil kings are so utterly terrible looks like they may not score.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

It’s insane the number of draft picks they have traded away for the next four drafts. Pity the city that gets the club after this run is done, it’s gonna be a lot of lean years.

Reactions: oilers'72

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
At the Oil Kings game today. They're getting smoked on the shot clock. After the first period it's 2-1 Blazers and the shots are 23-5 for the Blazers too

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
At the Oil Kings game today. They're getting smoked on the shot clock. After the first period it's 2-1 Blazers and the shots are 23-5 for the Blazers too

The team will be selecting first in the WHL draft and 1st in the CHL import draft. Spokane is the next lowest team and they're 9 points up. Niagara's the lowest team in the OHL with 30 points and Acadie-Bathurst is last in the Q with 38 points.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
The team will be selecting first in the WHL draft and 1st in the CHL import draft. Spokane is the next lowest team and they're 9 points up. Niagara's the lowest team in the OHL with 30 points and Acadie-Bathurst is last in the Q with 38 points.
Oof....yea that's bad. I don't go to a lot of Oil Kings games but we got free tickets and the Kiddo and his cousin wanted to go so here we are. Score is 3-2 so they're still in it I guess but they're on pace for 12 shots this game

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Oof....yea that's bad. I don't go to a lot of Oil Kings games but we got free tickets and the Kiddo and his cousin wanted to go so here we are. Score is 3-2 so they're still in it I guess but they're on pace for 12 shots this game

I'm just looking at the firsts. Better to finish last and have 2 good picks to build for the future. But, that's the nature of junior hockey. Boom for a while, then bust for a while.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not the WHL draft, they traded this years first for Guhle last year.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So I got free tickets to take my kids....just looked at the Oil kings stats. Holy smokes they are bad lmao....8 wins all season!?

Reactions: Beerfish

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
So I got free tickets to take my kids....just looked at the Oil kings stats. Holy smokes they are bad lmao....8 wins all season!?
Last game i went to the they lost i think 7-2 or something and got outshot something like 48-12 or something and the shots were something like 22-3 after the 1st period

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The price you pay for going all in in this league. They recouped some picks with trade offs this year and will probably do the same next year. The good news is some young players got a lot of good experience. A guy Gavin Hodnett looked pretty good this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad