Edmonton Oil Kings/Junior Hockey thread

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I honestly can't wrap my head around the WHL.

Friday nights in one City, Saturday night in the other. What purpose does this serve?

Teams aren't allowed to stay overnight in the other City, so now you have guys travelling after a game back to their home City. So against Lethbridge they are getting home around 4 in the morning tomorrow. That is if the highways are good. The sleep schedules look like are going to just be a mess.

Why wouldn't they play Friday and Sunday? Or Thursday and Saturday?

I do like the idea that teams get a bye week every 4 or 5 weeks and that if a team has a covid issue you will step in for them. I think it's great that these kids are getting a chance to play, but seems like the league made things a bit more complicated than it had to be.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I honestly can't wrap my head around the WHL.

Friday nights in one City, Saturday night in the other. What purpose does this serve?

Teams aren't allowed to stay overnight in the other City, so now you have guys travelling after a game back to their home City. So against Lethbridge they are getting home around 4 in the morning tomorrow. That is if the highways are good. The sleep schedules look like are going to just be a mess.

Why wouldn't they play Friday and Sunday? Or Thursday and Saturday?

I do like the idea that teams get a bye week every 4 or 5 weeks and that if a team has a covid issue you will step in for them. I think it's great that these kids are getting a chance to play, but seems like the league made things a bit more complicated than it had to be.

They only have the first 4 games, so things may change. The Western conference has a spread out schedule.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They only have the first 4 games, so things may change. The Western conference has a spread out schedule.
Unless something changed that is what the coach was saying the schedule was going to be for the year.

He was on Gregor's show a week or two ago

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad