Edmonton Oil Kings/Junior Hockey thread

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Fixed.

This is a youth hockey tournament. Does everything have to be sexualized?
Because Cheerlearders aren't sexualized?
Really?
1656129377707.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You fixed cheerleaders to burlesque.
Try reading what you wrote.
I specifically posted the response in relation to Junior hockey. In a Junior hockey thread. Again the point you missed by miles is this sexualization doesn't have to be in Junior hockey in a youth tournament.

Somehow you equate it to the world of pro sports, and ironically where cheerleaders are being cancelled. Kind of supporting the point of questioning why is this drag race stuff going on in a Junior Tournament

Last edited:

Puck Blaster

May 8, 2022
Alberta
What’s the difference between this and cheerleaders? Genuinely curious
I don’t care for either Cheerleader or drag queens. NHL games are circus 🤡nowadays. How many hockey players fantasize about drag queens? None. This marketing doesn’t belong in hockey, or any sporting event. It belongs where drag queens hang out? Wherever that is located.

Reactions: oilers'72

Puck Blaster

May 8, 2022
Alberta
WHL champs finish last at the Memorial Cup for the 5th straight year
Doubt that changes as long as they continue to be a watered down league
I watched first period. Then shut it off. Then it was 2-0. These boys lack discipline. It’s short tournament. The referees are always questionable at these tourneys. Oil kings had lead first game, blew it. Second game won in OT. Third game start at Defecit of two goals after penalty. Need discipline too not slash, interference, etc. stupid little mistakes. I believed they were best team at this tournament. However offset by playing short handed. Never able to establish control for length of time in opponents end.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Again the point you missed by miles
I guess we're all supposed to guess what you're point is, and if we don't guess right it's fair game to berate us for that. 🤷‍♂️

The point of changing cheerleaders to burlesque was what exactly? Never seen burlesque at a hockey game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I guess we're all supposed to guess what you're point is, and if we don't guess right it's fair game to berate us for that. 🤷‍♂️

The point of changing cheerleaders to burlesque was what exactly? Never seen burlesque at a hockey game.
The point is a week old. The post was made in context of others asking why there were drag queen races and drag events and drag programming in broadcast during the memorial cup, a tournament for youth, and watched by youth.

I guess I could make my post clearer but its difficult to do that within the constraints of a moderated board. other people understood my comment, that I was equating drag competitions to burlesque to underline the inappropriateness of it.

Not meaning to berate. But its hard to clarify certain comments here or in social media.

Reactions: Puck Blaster

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I totally understand why you need to have a host team, and I'm sure the players and their fans don't care, but for me winning the MC while not having been thru the four round grind like the other three teams endured takes some lustre off of the win for SJ.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I totally understand why you need to have a host team, and I'm sure the players and their fans don't care, but for me winning the MC while not having been thru the four round grind like the other three teams endured takes some lustre off of the win for SJ.
Not disagreeing, but it can definitely work the other way, with having weeks upon weeks of rust to work off. Like starting off a brand new season, without the training camps and exhibition matches.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Great year for Dub prospects in a what's supposed to be a deep, strong 2023 draft year: Top 10 WHL players to watch for 2023 NHL Draft - Sportsnet.ca

Shout out to my hometown Saskatoon that's had strong representation with last year's Kevin Korchinski taken at #7, Finnadian Brad Lambert at #30, 2023 prospect Brayden Yager a lottery level preliminary projection, Riley Heidt.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Great year for Dub prospects in a what's supposed to be a deep, strong 2023 draft year: Top 10 WHL players to watch for 2023 NHL Draft - Sportsnet.ca

Shout out to my hometown Saskatoon that's had strong representation with last year's Kevin Korchinski taken at #7, Finnadian Brad Lambert at #30, 2023 prospect Brayden Yager a lottery level preliminary projection, Riley Heidt.
Top 5 are centres, and top 7 are either centres of defensemen. Nice, but no EOKs.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I think the problem with WHL performance at the Memorial Cup is the talent is spread over too many teams. It’d be different if we had two fewer teams.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I've 2 Loge tickets (best seats in the house) for the EOK game tonight vs Regina & Connor Bedard for anyone who wants them (they are free)- let me know by PM and include your email address so I can etransfer them to you.
---
Edit - tix are now gone!

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Welcome back. Good to hear your voice!

Thx! Mrs 5 says it’s always good when you don’t hear my voice….

Good to see you back. Hope you're doing well.

Doing fantastic thx! Been a nice nearly 16 weeks of travel abroad! Body is still wondering what time zone I am in. o_O How have you been - good summer I hope!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thx! Mrs 5 says it’s always good when you don’t hear my voice….

Doing fantastic thx! Been a nice nearly 16 weeks of travel abroad! Body is still wondering what time zone I am in. o_O How have you been - good summer I hope!
Welcome back!

In a nutshell, where abouts were you for those 16 weeks?

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad