Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread | Offseason | Esks Fire Ed Hervey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto should be better with both Popp and Trestman coming in.

I think it'll take them a year to rebuild.

Regardless, my point is that it's not looking too rosy for the Esks unless Hervey has a few ballers coming in from the South.

Which, to be fair to him, he has managed to find in recent years.

Just that it's dangerous to rely on that every year to plug big holes.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
can someone correct the spelling of new on the thread title? having knew up there is driving me nuts.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He is being sarcastic.

The dline seems OK, its the db that causes concern.

Exactly. IMO, we have enough d-linemen already to put together a decent front 4 and then some. We need to be bringing in a ton of d-backs, so hopefully some diamonds can be mined from those.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
can someone correct the spelling of new on the thread title? having knew up there is driving me nuts.

Maybe he meant the Argos hires knew the team's front-office personnel.

(I'm carefully checking my spelling and grammar before posting this.) :laugh:

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
Just saw today that we released Mike Miller and earlier this week Eddie Steele. Not sure if I like either move by Hervey. Thoughts?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Esks have signed Canadian linebacker Cory Greenwood, former Toronto first-round draft choice from 2010. He has NFL experience. This is a good signing.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Esks have signed Canadian linebacker Cory Greenwood, former Toronto first-round draft choice from 2010. He has NFL experience. This is a good signing.

Good to know. Any idea if Vince Young to the Roughriders will make them better? I have read on here he isn't a bad player but has struggled? (Correct me if I'm wrong). That's as much as I know of him lol.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Having a non-import at linebacker will likely allow us to play three imports at receiver (Bowman, Zylstra, Hazelton) which should be huge. Downgrading from a guy like Hazelton to Watson would really hurt our offence - I thought things really started to turn around last year when Zylstra got into the lineup.

I was a little pessimistic given that we're likely going all import on the defensive line but this makes me a little more optimistic (if Greenwood can stay healthy). I'm still incredibly worried about our secondary though. Regardless of what we do with the roster, I feel like we need to find an upgrade at safety.

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge
Good to know. Any idea if Vince Young to the Roughriders will make them better? I have read on here he isn't a bad player but has struggled? (Correct me if I'm wrong). That's as much as I know of him lol.

I highly doubt so. He always had trouble reading defense before, not sure how adding another player to the mix will help Vince with that. He is a 33 year old QB who hasn't taken a snap in game action in over three years. Much ado about nothing me thinks. Also, what kind of cap are they working with over there?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I highly doubt so. He always had trouble reading defense before, not sure how adding another player to the mix will help Vince with that. He is a 33 year old QB who hasn't taken a snap in game action in over three years. Much ado about nothing me thinks. Also, what kind of cap are they working with over there?

I agree. He's older and has not played in a three years. He won't help the Riders. I applaud this signing and look forward to seeing him fail.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
I agree. He's older and has not played in a three years. He won't help the Riders. I applaud this signing and look forward to seeing him fail.

I'll be surprised if he is an upgrade on Kevin Glenn at this point. He can learn a lot from him though if his ego isn't what it used to be

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Ok good to know LOL. Didn't know if that was a good thing or bad thing. Guess if they were mad at Durant, they'll be even more mad at him and Glenn LOL. :laugh:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
3rd string QB Jordan Lynch retires.

I would use that term QB loosely for him, since they never had any plays for him to actually throw the ball. It was a given every time he came in that it would be wishbone at best. Very predictable. I loved his athleticism but if you aren't an actual QB, then we need that spot for someone else we can actually develop. Someone else can learn to do pin placements.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

It's what I'd call a desperation signing. I hope it blows up in their face as well.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Read Jordan Lynch is retiring from football today and moving on to a coaching position in the US.

Thanks Jordan for all your efforts these past few seasons with the Eskimos (ESPECIALLY your clutch Championship winning touchdown in Grey Cup 103!) :handclap: :yo:

Best of luck in your future endeavors :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->