Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some Boston Pizza had a real good deal. Think it was 500 for season seats(including grey cup), ride, 2 beer and something with food.

What are Save on Food tickets now? A touch under 40? For an extra 140 get rides to every game and a couple of beer at BP's seems to be a good deal.

ETS provides rides free of charge. Not sure how the BP is a good deal unless you really like their food.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
To be honest though I'm not sure how much of that (if any) actually gets back to the BoD. I have my doubts that a telephone handler working the phones with season ticket renewals has any sort of meaningful way of communicating to the BoD, or if they do, that the BoD actually cares.

Writing letters or emails is far more effective than verbal complaints, I have found.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Writing letters or emails is far more effective than verbal complaints, I have found.

I have had some limited involvement politically and I recall a discussion once (with a candidates advisor) where he extrapolated to a 10 to 1 ratio in terms of how a letter represents the electors in general.
Written letters (emails) are quite influential once the numbers get high enough.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
CFL free agent list is out.

42 for Stamps
41 for EE

Some of these guys are retired.

Reilly, Walker, Williams and Bryant are the biggest names on offence.

Boateng, Ceresna and Grymes on defence.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

42 for Stamps
41 for EE

Would love to have all of those specifically mentioned resigned. Don’t need Stafford as Mitchell has emerged.

Need a couple O-linemen, as I think we are a little long in the tooth. Not really impressed with Colin Kelly, so an upgrade there would be nice.

An outside linebacker is a must and depth behind the oft injured Konar is needed.

Defensive backfield. Not sure where to start, but I’d blow it up. Besides Grymes, there is no one that I would be heartbroken to see leave.

And get a damned kick returner. All the other teams, especially Calgary, seem to find them growing on trees. The Stamps lose Finch , and then come up with not one, but TWO competent returners.

Hope we didn’t miss the boat on Claybrooks. If he gets snapped up this year because we’re committed to Jugears, I am going to be pissed.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Would love to have all of those specifically mentioned resigned. Don’t need Stafford as Mitchell has emerged.

Need a couple O-linemen, as I think we are a little long in the tooth. Not really impressed with Colin Kelly, so an upgrade there would be nice.

An outside linebacker is a must and depth behind the oft injured Konar is needed.

Defensive backfield. Not sure where to start, but I’d blow it up. Besides Grymes, there is no one that I would be heartbroken to see leave.

And get a damned kick returner. All the other teams, especially Calgary, seem to find them growing on trees. The Stamps lose Finch , and then come up with not one, but TWO competent returners.

Hope we didn’t miss the boat on Claybrooks. If he gets snapped up this year because we’re committed to Jugears, I am going to be pissed.

Claybrooks would have been a good move--intelligent and well liked by people around the Stamps but probably wouldn't be too well liked by Len. Too much of a football guy (and I don't mean Len).

I would also bring Thompson back (if healthy) in addition to Grymes in the back field. Maston is a good hitter but doesn't have the coverage skills.

You have to wonder about MLB too. JC has a lot of miles on him.

Jackson has at least earned an invite back for the kick returner spot. It helps that he is also a good RB option.

I expect Reilly, Walker and Mitchell to re-sign. I think this "get back to Ed" stuff is way overblown. His team got absolutely blown away by the T-Cats who were then handled fairly easily by the Red-Blacks. And that was with Wally at the helm. If Reilly bolts for the Lions then who is he going to have for a head coach next season? If he stays with the EE then he gets his big paycheque and his pal Jason as the coach. I suspect that's a big reason for Jason returning. Players get to pick the coach I guess.

Obviously a lot of room wrt signings but everybody is in the same boat. This number of free agents is not good for the league- you need stability and some degree of familiarity with the fans.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Thirdhand info:

DeVone Claybrooks is the new BC head coach.

Last edited:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave

42 for Stamps
41 for EE

A lot of great players here. Bryant "the Batman" Mitchell was a beast out there. Besides being a reliable target, the fearless warrior sought the opposition, sought the punishment, took the abuse like it was nothing. The play had to be blown dead most of the time because he'd still be standing upright despite being swarmed. Hopefully we see more of the Batman in green and gold. Would like to hear him utter more Batman lines besides "why so serious?" too.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The EE didn't get out-scooped, they weren't looking in the first place. If Claybrooks had showed up at the EE office offering to work for free he wouldn't have got an interview.

The 2019 season is going to start for the EE just as it did for the Oilers in 2018: a lot of tension, pressure and anxiety. The coach should have been replaced in the off season but we just didn't want to do it. OBC rules. Len grabs another hot dog and tells some jokes.

The "Fire Maas" thread will be humming- oh wait, only 6 guys ever post here--well anyway it won't be long before all 6 guys want him gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00