Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The free agent movement that we saw this year in the CFL is probably the new norm.

1 or 2 year deals- go where you can get an extra $20K - bank up a few extra bucks and inevitably move around a bit.

I have no problem with it from the standpoint of players and their families (I would do the same) but the effect it will have on the fan base remains to be seen. I think it makes it tougher to identify with teams.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

WP8mD7z.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Man this pisses me off now. Was happy to see him go, and could live with the fact that they were allowing him a gracious exit. Seeing now that the last couple weeks were just a publicity stunt to gain favor for him in an election makes me even more mad that the board didn't just outright turf his ass.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can't believe anybody hasn't made this joke by now but Rhodes should be running in a Calgary riding, he'd be sure to elicit more votes that way just for how he ran the Eskimos.

I don't think theres too much concern. This will be a tough riding for Rhodes. That's as much as I will state.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I could be his rap guy I guess. I'm cheap, have a keyboard, and hate the NDP.

Throw your hands up in the air and wave them all around. To the right, to the right. Now further right, now further right. But never to the left. Now throw them down like your carbon taxes.

Underrated post.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Sure, this was very predictable. They already parted ways with Manny Arceneaux who was a huge fan favorite and now more are to follow.

When you pay a 34 year old QB >700K a year you have an instant problem, perhaps not a major problem but a problem none the less.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Feels good to know that Len Rhodes is finally gone. Really good. :D

I have been wondering who will ultimately replace him.
My hope is that they hire 2 people. One to oversee the Football Ops and another one for the business side of things.
Unless of course they can find someone qualified to do both.

Reactions: Del Preston

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Feels good to know that Len Rhodes is finally gone. Really good. :D

I have been wondering who will ultimately replace him.
My hope is that they hire 2 people. One to oversee the Football Ops and another one for the business side of things.
Unless of course they can find someone qualified to do both.
Sean Fleming?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad