Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Sunderland said it's "not likely" Walker is back with the Esks. 3DownNation says he's asking for $275K/season. Ellingson signed for $250K, for comparison.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
From what I'm reading Brock might want Unamba to play safety.

Which means they'll have to start Colquhoun and Konar.

Colquhoun might get hurt blowing his nose at camp.

Hey, I see Josh Woodman has also signed with the Lions. I guess Ed can't get enough of those ex-Eskies. With Edwards and Woodman on their D then who knows what might happen. Can't wait to play them.

Has Sky Walker officially signed with the Lions yet?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This is Hervey getting over it, haha. Its actually good that he has this Esks fixation. 4 of these guys aren't worth the time.
Grymes is a shell of his former self, too small to reliably bring down players.

Edwards is good for about 30 penalty yards a game for being an idiot.

And John White is good for keeping your athletic therapists employed when he gets hurt.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is Hervey getting over it, haha. Its actually good that he has this Esks fixation. 4 of these guys aren't worth the time.

Yeah, this is really strange actually. I mean, did he actually watch Edwards play last year? LMAO

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah, this is really strange actually. I mean, did he actually watch Edwards play last year? LMAO

While Ed is working through his anti-Edmonton thing maybe he can take Jason Maas off our hands too.

And come to think of it, how about Milan Lucic? He's certainly built like a linebacker and would be imposing in football pads.

Reactions: Cloned

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Holding a grudge is fine except it seems to be effecting the way he does his job a bit wish is a nono.

I dont think there is any evidence of that. Hervey looks to me to be targeting players he is familair with...nothing surprising about the fact that most of them are former Eskimo players.

Same could be said for Sunderland...he shredded the Red Blacks roster much worse than Hervey did. Once again I think that has everything to do with familiarity with the players.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I dont think there is any evidence of that. Hervey looks to me to be targeting players he is familair with...nothing surprising about the fact that most of them are former Eskimo players.

Same could be said for Sunderland...he shredded the Red Blacks roster much worse than Hervey did. Once again I think that has everything to do with familiarity with the players.
Except Sunderlund picked up the good players for Ottawa. Hervey went 1 for 5 with Eskimos. I guess I can agree it’s probably more familiarity than grudge but still is a bit odd to me.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I’m actually quite optimistic after today. I really thought we were screwed with Reilly leaving but I might actually feel better about the team now than I did going into last year.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I’m actually quite optimistic after today. I really thought we were screwed with Reilly leaving but I might actually feel better about the team now than I did going into last year.

Yup. He filled a bunch of holes that were in dire need of repair and got us a Franchise QB and Star WR. He's done a heck of a job.

Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think Ed is having a bad week. Adding Duron Carter's deep feelings and respect for his teammates won't help the Lions too much.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Ed replaced Jonathan Jennings with Mike Reilly, I'd say he's still having a good week. But yeah, I am glad Chris Edwards was signed by a division rival haha.

The biggest loser so far might be Sask. Everyone else in the West is set at the QB position (Winnipeg has Streveler waiting to replace Nicholls when he randomly craps the bed for 5 weeks in a row mid-season). And Chris Jones leaving is going to set that defense back, despite great personnel. The Riders are my early contender for being the one West team that misses the playoffs. The crossover usually doesn't get clinched until Week 3, but I think we can declare it clinched after day 1 of free agency this year.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Ed replaced Jonathan Jennings with Mike Reilly, I'd say he's still having a good week. But yeah, I am glad Chris Edwards was signed by a division rival haha.

The biggest loser so far might be Sask. Everyone else in the West is set at the QB position (Winnipeg has Streveler waiting to replace Nicholls when he randomly craps the bed for 5 weeks in a row mid-season). And Chris Jones leaving is going to set that defense back, despite great personnel. The Riders are my early contender for being the one West team that misses the playoffs. The crossover usually doesn't get clinched until Week 3, but I think we can declare it clinched after day 1 of free agency this year.

Personally, I felt Ottawa was hit a lot harder than Saskatchewan, but I do agree Sask was the worst team in Free Agency in the West.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I don't understand the Hervey "grudge" angle.

Does Brock Sunderland have a grudge against Ottawa since he signed so many players from there? I think this is just a case of two GM's signing players they know and have confidence in. Whether Hervey should have confidence in some of these players he signed is a different topic. (and if he's signing bad players from the EE, then good for him lol)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

There is a non-zero chance that Reilly struggles badly in BC. He already showed signs of it last year here. The guy is 35 and plays a taxing physical style of game.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is a non-zero chance that Reilly struggles badly in BC. He already showed signs of it last year here. The guy is 35 and plays a taxing physical style of game.

Yeah, I love Reilly, and think he is the best QB in the league still. But I'm not sure how much longer that it going to remain the case.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Personally, I felt Ottawa was hit a lot harder than Saskatchewan, but I do agree Sask was the worst team in Free Agency in the West.

Yeah, I meant specifically within the West. Ottawa got gutted, but still only needs to finish ahead of Toronto and Montreal to host a playoff game thanks to the CFL continuing to march forward with an archaic playoff format. 6-12 might be enough in the East, 9-9 could have you miss out in the West.

I do think getting away from Maas' atrocious play calling will help him. Reilly isn't a guy you want throwing bombs every play, much better in situations where he can roll out and hit guys on the run with mid-range passes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad