Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Man, looking out this am we really dodged a bullet. Air Quality was extremely bad overnight and hitting the highest Fine Particle manner seen thus far. Edmonton region topped out at over 300. The readings now are under 100.

If air quality goes around 6 they will play. higher than that who knows. But we were +10 just hours ago.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Man, looking out this am we really dodged a bullet. Air Quality was extremely bad overnight and hitting the highest Fine Particle manner seen thus far. Edmonton region topped out at over 300. The readings now are under 100.

It was bad this morning. Got up to play tennis early. At 7:30 air quality was 196 so we called off our match.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was bad this morning. Got up to play tennis early. At 7:30 air quality was 196 so we called off our match.

Could you imagine fine partical matter rating in Prince George was over 500 last night and nearby reporting stations like Genesee were over 400? Most people won't even know that any of this occurred this being a Saturday and people getting up later. The rating in Edmonton East peaked at 304 at 5am. That was crazy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Confirmed...game is on....7:00 pm....

Tonight’s CFL Game In Edmonton To Go Ahead As Scheduled - Edmonton Eskimos

We have consulted weather experts who advise us the air quality will be at acceptable levels by kick-off for the game between the Edmonton Eskimos and the visiting Montreal Alouettes. We would like to thank our fans for their patience, our players for their professionalism and the media for helping us keep the public informed throughout the week.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
So game will not be played today. I can't see any scenario in which this game will be played. That would be impossible.

Air show and Edmonton Marathon this weekend also likely to be cancelled I think.
Care to predict the score tonight? All three of those are wrong. You’re about due to get one right.

Last edited:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I live in Calgary and when I went out this morning that smoke was very unpleasant so I went back inside.

:sarcasm: I guess the CFL thinks those young football players are tougher than I am.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Care to predict the score tonight? All three of those are on. You’re about due to get one right.

haha, I don't want to jinx it because of who I would pick. ;)

Good news that it cleared out miraculously this am. I don't know where all the smoke went, upper atmosphere? Normally this thick smoke hangs around ground level and I think we've had some inversion conditions. But just as quick as a snap of the finger and its so much better.

That said I sure wouldn't be running a marathon in 6 air quality. Mind you I wouldn't be running a marathon, or running much at all..;)

jk aside its hard to figure out when and where this smoke comes in greatest or lesser amounts. The winds are really weird as well. Some BC winds are blowing towards us, some are blowing west.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
haha, I don't want to jinx it because of who I would pick. ;)

Good news that it cleared out miraculously this am. I don't know where all the smoke went, upper atmosphere? Normally this thick smoke hangs around ground level and I think we've had some inversion conditions. But just as quick as a snap of the finger and its so much better.

That said I sure wouldn't be running a marathon in 6 air quality. Mind you I wouldn't be running a marathon, or running much at all..;)

jk aside its hard to figure out when and where this smoke comes in greatest or lesser amounts. The winds are really weird as well. Some BC winds are blowing towards us, some are blowing west.

What's worse. The marathon in a 6, or the amount of running they do near heavy traffic? Breathing in all that exhaust can't be good for runners either.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What's worse. The marathon in a 6, or the amount of running they do near heavy traffic? Breathing in all that exhaust can't be good for runners either.

Marathon running isn't really very good for anybody that is of typical weight. By typical meaning typical Canadian weight. Just punishing on the joints. That said I've always had joint issues so that's my perspective. I used to be a good runner, just not a distance runner. I don't think repetitive stress is particularly too good but especially weigh bearing repetitive stress.

As far as exhaust and such who knows. I think air monitoring needs to get a whole lot better in general.

Anyway have a good day at the game if you or anybody else is going. I was thinking about it if Manziel was playing just out of general interest. I think I might take in the Calgary game or some other game instead. Been awhile.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I live in Calgary and when I went out this morning that smoke was very unpleasant so I went back inside.

:sarcasm: I guess the CFL thinks those young football players are tougher than I am.

I live in Calgary (NW) as well...it was nasty this morning. Good day to watch football indoors. :D

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, BC just completely reversed roles today from last week. Sweet karma.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
We got some help from some underdog Eastern teams this week.

No excuses tonight, blow them out.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hey, a RB with lateral speed!

Also, trash special teams coach with a trash special teams play.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maas is being an idiot tonight. Luckily the Als aren’t a very good team.

Three straight procedure penalties lol.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
ImI going to judge the game on the play calling, especially on 2nd and short.

I already know special teams will be crap.
What did you think of that failed short kick off attempt, lol? What a stupid call that was. Eskimos completely controlling the game and Montreal doing nothing. Als likely a drive or two away from quitting the game. They fail and give the Als life, now they’re back in the game and trying. Those are the types of decisions you can’t help but shake your head at. You don’t need gimmicks to beat bad teams. All they do is motivate the opposition. Proves Maas is an idiot.

Reactions: Cloned
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad