Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That thread is bizarre. Jones deserves a lot of criticism and most of what Cartmell says is correct, but Jones makes some decent points there that get ignored because of his reputation. If you cry wolf enough people will eventually tune you out, so it’s mostly of his own doing.
Like Cartmell says did you phone the team? Why not be a professional and go to the office and try work things out?

Jones' problem is once someone "wrongs" him he can't let it go. This will drag out for the rest of the time Maas is head coach. It happened before with Katz, Hervey, and Willis, among others.

I opened the thread and came to this post. Couldn't figure out what the hell Jones in Sask has anything to deal with Maas.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Well, I agree with one thing you said here-- it is a football board.

hopefully you remember that next time someone brings up the esks changing their name.

for the Jones-Mass column I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and don't care too much. I like Terry out of nostalgia because of his 1980's oilers coverage but that's it. mostly ignore him now.

but I'll also remain doubtful Maas can change his spots. I'll give him credit for addressing the issue, and also recognizing the fact he can't hold his players accountable when he's so out of control.

but we'll see if he's all talk and reverts to form later in the year.

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
One of my sources would have a delightful inside scoop on Jones but hates him so I don’t dare ask, lol. I know Terry but not well; I don’t mind the guy. He can be arrogant but he finds interesting stories and I like how he writes them. Reminds me a little of Wayne Overland; some old farts will remember him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One of my sources would have a delightful inside scoop on Jones but hates him so I don’t dare ask, lol. I know Terry but not well; I don’t mind the guy. He can be arrogant but he finds interesting stories and I like how he writes them. Reminds me a little of Wayne Overland; some old farts will remember him.
This is the problem with Terry. He's still stuck in the 80's/90's

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The good news....Maas looks like he has finally figured out that his juvenile antics hurt the team.
Took almost 3 years 'but at the end of the day' better late than never.

Now if he could just start being better at his in game decision making...maybe in another 3 years.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s possible the league may postpone this game due to smoke danger.
Do you know what kind of timeline we'd be looking at for something like that? Is that something they wait until Saturday to do or is it something they need to do tomorrow?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So he is projected to be out for this Saturdays game?
Honestly in today's day and age I don't know how you can announce a guy is concussed and not hold him out for at least a week. The fact that he continued the game should be bringing questions as well.

Most the talk this week has been about whether or not he's going to play. Not what's wrong with the CFL concussion protocol. The media is still pushing the Manziel show as the story.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Do you know what kind of timeline we'd be looking at for something like that? Is that something they wait until Saturday to do or is it something they need to do tomorrow?
Decision is supposed to be made today based on Saturday’s forecast.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The good news....Maas looks like he has finally figured out that his juvenile antics hurt the team.
Took almost 3 years 'but at the end of the day' better late than never.

Now if he could just start being better at his in game decision making...maybe in another 3 years.
Maybe if he threw a fit last Thursday his team woulda won, instead they played like garbage

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Honestly in today's day and age I don't know how you can announce a guy is concussed and not hold him out for at least a week. The fact that he continued the game should be bringing questions as well.

Most the talk this week has been about whether or not he's going to play. Not what's wrong with the CFL concussion protocol. The media is still pushing the Manziel show as the story.

Fair point.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Fair point.
I read one of the TSN articles and it says if he practices today then maybe he plays. If he doesn't practice he's out.

Just seems odd that they'd even attempt to have him practice.

Although reading the story he originally thought it was side effects of his medicine on Tuesday.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
TSN is reporting that it would be unlikely for him to play.
I mentioned earlier that Manziel was probably injured in the game. didn't look right to me. Thought he was playing concussed. Like I mentioned he received multiple headshots in the game and he isn't really good at protecting himself. But the Oppenents in two games seem particularly interested in annihilating him. I wonder now whether chronic concussion will impact him. With his style of play and poor decision making I can't see him doing incredibly well. This has been a complete disaster for him as a pro start here. Throws 4 picks in first game and exposes himself to multiple headshots in his 2nd. He's like a complete amateur. Wanted to think he could elevate but I think 3years out of football has done him in. Concussion now won't help.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I’m not sure I understand this. Did the Lions really just have to step in and defend Maas after Jones acted childish again?

Yup. Finally someone who he won't block called him out on it. Everyone I know who's tried to call him on this was promptly blocked.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
TSN is reporting that it would be unlikely for him to play.

It seems to be up in the air based on what I am hearing.

Strange...based on what I saw in the game he lost consciousness for a few seconds. I am no expert but that looked a lot like a concussed player to me.

He should be sitting out this game as a minimum IMO.

We shall see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad