Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This defense is still crap I guess. The amount of blown coverages lol.

The defence hasnt been tested by a legit QB yet...not very impressive so far.
That being said apparently they have done enough so far to impress @MoneyGuy . :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hopefully Sutton is okay. I have a lot of respect for him.
Solid player.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Cooper has been very impressive. He hits the holes hard and has great quickness.
He is a keeper.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What is it with these CFL coaches continuously making the wrong decision when it comes to whether or not to go for the two point conversion. Wrong choice to go for two by Sherman. Had he taken the one here, he’d only need to go for two to tie on one of the two TD’s he still needs. Because he missed he now needs two on both. Not likely to matter anyway but it just bugs me.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Break out games for both Cooper and Mitchell. Both are keepers especially Mitchell with Williams probably heading South for an NFL shot next year. The one qualifier is that we were playing a pretty dismal team tonight so perhaps you can't read too much into it.

We have quietly put together a trio of good import running backs- Gable, Cooper and Robinson. It's been a while since we had 3 guys who are this capable.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I thought Pipkins played a hell of a game. If his receivers could hang on to the ball this is a single score game.

But really though.... our special teams... y I k e s.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Break out games for both Cooper and Mitchell. Both are keepers especially Mitchell with Williams probably heading South for an NFL shot next year. The one qualifier is that we were playing a pretty dismal team tonight so perhaps you can't read too much into it.

We have quietly put together a trio of good import running backs- Gable, Cooper and Robinson. It's been a while since we had 3 guys who are this capable.

Mitchell has always been good when given the opportunity to play.

Cooper is a great find. If Gable has a few sluggish games, we're going to end up with a RB controversy.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Pipkins was good.
Mitchell was awesome
O-line was complete crap
Special teams was poor, as we expected
And while he ran well, Cooper was crap blocking

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Who expected this game to be as close as it was? Anybody?

The D is abysmal. Consistently makng a statement as one of the worst D in the league. Just lol bad. In this game the D hardly have to be on the field because the Esks offense is just dominating possession all night. But ANYTIME the Esks offense falter the D looks intent on letting the Als back in.

If an Al's receiver doesn't flat out drop an easy ball near the goal line this is one more TD for Montreal and they put 30 on us. They don't put 30 on anybody.

Zero confidence in this D.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The D is abysmal. Consistently makng a statement as one of the worst D in the league. Just lol bad. In this game the D hardly have to be on the field because the Esks offense is just dominating possession all night. But ANYTIME the Esks offense falter the D looks intent on letting the Als back in.

If an Al's receiver doesn't flat out drop an easy ball near the goal line this is one more TD for Montreal and they put 30 on us. They don't put 30 on anybody.

Zero confidence in this D.

Benevides apparently runs an (overly) complicated scheme. I think it really neuters the abilities of what would otherwise be decent athletes. Grymes, for example, clearly doesn't fit in this system and is nowhere the playmaker he was under Jones' scheming.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Benevides apparently runs an (overly) complicated scheme. I think it really neuters the abilities of what would otherwise be decent athletes. Grymes, for example, clearly doesn't fit in this system and is nowhere the playmaker he was under Jones' scheming.

Nah. Putting it right on Grymes. For the most part he hasn't been the player he was before the NFL. He also seems weaker, even lighter, it was always a problem but the scouting report now is that its pretty easy to bounce off his hit tackle attempts. Kept my mouth shut for a long while about him but he's really been suspect out there. For a fast player he sure loses angles, coverage, can no longer make open field tackles. Also seems to be going for glory for instance in first half trying to bite for an interception instead of actually covering the play. His play is grating on me.

Theres no D schemes that compensate for a complete inability to make plays out there. This D also getting beat wide like rented mules. if they played the Argos today Wilder would still be running.

Really I can't think of anything this D is particularly good at.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Grymes was crap all on his own

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nah. Putting it right on Grymes. For the most part he hasn't been the player he was before the NFL. He also seems weaker, even lighter, it was always a problem but the scouting report now is that its pretty easy to bounce off his hit tackle attempts. Kept my mouth shut for a long while about him but he's really been suspect out there. For a fast player he sure loses angles, coverage, can no longer make open field tackles. Also seems to be going for glory for instance in first half trying to bite for an interception instead of actually covering the play. His play is grating on me.

Theres no D schemes that compensate for a complete inability to make plays out there. This D also getting beat wide like rented mules. if they played the Argos today Wilder would still be running.

Really I can't think of anything this D is particularly good at.

I'd probably split the blame between individual players and Benevides. This guy could make Dan Kepley look like a scrub.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Grymes was crap all on his own

I'll still take the guy with some established track record of success over the guy who runs crap defenses everywhere he goes. Players can have bad games and make their mark look really good for that game; coaches can have bad schemes which makes all his players look bad every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad