Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m not sure I understand this. Did the Lions really just have to step in and defend Maas after Jones acted childish again?

Who knows and who really cares? This stuff is so soap opera-ish. I don't give a plugged nickle for what any other org says about an org in this league. Or what Terry Jones says about anything.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
It seems to be up in the air based on what I am hearing.

Strange...based on what I saw in the game he lost consciousness for a few seconds. I am no expert but that looked a lot like a concussed player to me.

He should be sitting out this game as a minimum IMO.

We shall see I guess.
Up in the smoky air.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Air quality back to 7 today, was 4 briefly overnight, early AM. 6 tomorrow. Game looks like it will go on I think although I guess you never really know when this ebbs and flows as long as the fires still burn.

So whats worse, Manziel or commonwealth in a fog? If Johnny falls again in a forest and nobody see's it did it happen? ;) Timberrrrrrr!

jebus the Als should be roadkill. If this game is even close at the half its a gongshow.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That’s mostly circumstance and not necessarily a predisposition. It’s like Tyler Benson with the Oilers, who I said months ago wasn’t prone to recurring injuries.

We'll see then. I certainly and obviously hope for the best, but his pro history so far has not been good, no one can deny that. Maybe he's just been incredibly unlucky so far.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What happened to Adams? I thought he was fairly decent against us, had some dropped balls, etc, but he would be a better option.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
anyone have an update about the game being postponed?

The forecast is calling for smoke and winds from the West and NW all day Saturday. Not a good sign.
Some rain or an East wind is what is needed.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
The league is still monitoring the smoke situation but no decision yet.

Dexter McCoil has resigned in San Francisco so he’s unlikely to return here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ottawa with a real statement game tonight absolutely destroying the Bombers at investors field. Just complete annihilation. Dominated every side of the ball the whole game. Absolute ass kicking.

But Ottawa definitely serving notice they are the 2nd best team in the league. Calgary Obviously the first.

But given that Ottawa just slam dunked a club that has been better than the Esks this season where does this put us?

Game tomorrow is must win for Esks if they play it. Because the schedule is brutal after this.

We have Stamps twice, Red Black twice, Bombers twice, and Hamilton, Sask, BC. Much harder back nine than the front nine. Even if we win tomorrow good chance we finish around .500 on the season. Winning 4/9 of the last games would be a lot to ask for this club. I'm not convinced from what I've seen that we can even compete with Calgary or Ottawa. That could be 4 losses alone.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So apparently Gable is out at RB and Mitchell is in at Receiver.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is the latest report from the CFL but there is no way the game will be played today.

Eskimos issue statement regarding status of Week 10 home game - CFL.ca

Edmonton right now +10 air quality and getting worse. Fine particulate matter ratings as high as 283 here in Edmonton East station. Genesee reporting an insane 438. Tomahawk station also 397. These two being most inline with the path that the smoke has usually taken. These two stations reporting the worst smoke found anywhere.

Again for perspective +10 is the rating for numbers as high as 200. Genesee at 438, there is no rating that even describes that. Just +10. even though its twice as bad. These numbers all as of 4am. Right now.

So game will not be played today. I can't see any scenario in which this game will be played. That would be impossible.

Air show and Edmonton Marathon this weekend also likely to be cancelled I think.

Last edited:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Checked for today and air is supposed to get to 5-6. Think game will go on. I'm out right now and feels ok.
Wind is starting to blow it away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad