Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Are these OCs trying to compete with Maas for being the biggest idiot coaches? Ottawa has 3 plays from the 3 yard line to score a TD and they throw on all 3 plays.

Someone is just being stubborn and refusing to acknowledge that they should have run on first down, so they tripled down and make themselves look even more foolish.

Pipken is the best QB in Montreal right now.

I wasn't able to watch this game, but this sounds like vintage Ottawa game management and play calling. They did this same nonsense of trying to pass their way in from inside the 5 in a close game against the Stamps earlier this year. It's no wonder Jason Maas was seen as some sort of savant by those guys. Montreal +16.5 was the easiest money I have ever seen in my life.

It's insane to say this, but Montreal is now a playoff threat in the East. Imagine if they hadn't cut Pipkin in camp originally. Asinine that they had this guy right under their noses but still wasted time on Drew Willy and gave up the farm for Johnny 8ball.

Reactions: Cloned

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
going down for the Labour Day game.....does anyone know what part of the stadium the Esks fans occupy?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
going down for the Labour Day game.....does anyone know what part of the stadium the Esks fans occupy?

It seems to switch some years so not exactly sure.

Its usually one of the end sections on either side.

Probably a good idea to bring some rain gear and warmer clothes...supposed to be a cool wet day on Monday.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
A couple of changes I would like to see.
First take out an import and play a Canadian somewhere so that you can have both Cooper and Gable in the backfield. I think that would really create an opportunity to keep the Calgary D off balance and it will allow for Gable superior blocking ability to help out on pass protection...Reilly is going to need all the help he can get. If the weather is rainy (which is a distinct possibility) then Coopers lateral movement and explosiveness may be beneficial as well.
Also...take out Hazelton or Stafford and put in Mitchell. That is a no brainer IMO.

Wondering if Arnaud Gascon-Nadon will dress on Monday. He is a decent player and might help the D line pressure.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I'm sure some help is on the way with the NFL cuts coming hard today. Cowboys cut Dan Bailey? Wow, what a competitive league the NFL is. Slip up for a few games and whether you are a HOF'er or not, you are gone.

The good news is that some quality D players will come our way from the NFL carnage. I hope the EE are scouring the camps for some D-backs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
McCoil was cut today.

Does he stay on a NFL PR, come back to the Esks, or go to Chris Jones...

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
McCoil was cut today.

Does he stay on a NFL PR, come back to the Esks, or go to Chris Jones...

He'd be the perfect addition for this team. I'd love to see a LB core with him, Sherritt, and Jones.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm sure some help is on the way with the NFL cuts coming hard today. Cowboys cut Dan Bailey? Wow, what a competitive league the NFL is. Slip up for a few games and whether you are a HOF'er or not, you are gone.

The good news is that some quality D players will come our way from the NFL carnage. I hope the EE are scouring the camps for some D-backs.

Hard to get excited about players coming in if you don't trust the scouts or the coaches.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure he comes back to the Esks. If we're being honest, he probably has the Esks a distant #3 behind the NFL and the Riders under Chris Jones. I'd love to be wrong about this, though.

And he'd be a waste at safety IMO. Play him at LB where he excels, maybe that lets you sit Edwards.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Cowboys save 3.5 million going with ex redblack Brett Maher over Dan Bailey
Except that Maher has no regular season record to speak of and the Cowboys will need all the offensive help that they can get with Dez and Jason gone.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Not sure he comes back to the Esks. If we're being honest, he probably has the Esks a distant #3 behind the NFL and the Riders under Chris Jones. I'd love to be wrong about this, though.

And he'd be a waste at safety IMO. Play him at LB where he excels, maybe that lets you sit Edwards.

Or perhaps cut Edwards.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Kenny Ladler cut today as well. Him and McCoil would be huge adds. Chris Edwards would be packing his bags that's for sure. Pretty sure Ladler would be fit to play halfback considering he was trying out as a safety in the NFL. That would pave the way for trading Grymes before the rest of the league figures out he's terrible now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kenny Ladler cut today as well. Him and McCoil would be huge adds. Chris Edwards would be packing his bags that's for sure. Pretty sure Ladler would be fit to play halfback considering he was trying out as a safety in the NFL. That would pave the way for trading Grymes before the rest of the league figures out he's terrible now.

That combined with a Pasztor trade could set us up nicely, provided Sunderland doesn't screw it up...

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Hopefully they can both get to Calgary by 1 p.m. on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad