Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
We're 2-10 in the last 12 editions. 2011 was the last time we won. The Labour Day Rematch has be just as lopsided. At this point I'll probably just record the game and watch it later rather than ruin an entire afternoon.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Ok, here’s the scoop. Pasztor may come north but it may not be here. He’s from Ontario and has indictated a desire to play there, most likely Hamilton. He’s at the peak of his career so would have high trade value.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ok, here’s the scoop. Pasztor may come north but it may not be here. He’s from Ontario and has dictated a desire to play there, most likely Hamilton. He’s at the peak of his career so would have high trade value.

Simoni Lawrence or bust.

Actually I'd probably go something like:

Hazelton, Pasztor, Bazzie

for

Lawrence, Breaux, Westerman

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ok, here’s the scoop. Pasztor may come north but it may not be here. He’s from Ontario and has indictated a desire to play there, most likely Hamilton. He’s at the peak of his career so would have high trade value.

So if he's not willing to come and play for us, who's the impact player for the O-line that you said could be here for the stretch run and playoffs?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
So if he's not willing to come and play for us, who's the impact player for the O-line that you said could be here for the stretch run and playoffs?
I didn’t say for sure he won’t. He’d like to play in Hamilton where he’s from and his parents are season ticket holders.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Pipken is better than Manziel by a significant margin at the moment.

And the East is still a jumbled mess of inconsistent weakness.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Are these OCs trying to compete with Maas for being the biggest idiot coaches? Ottawa has 3 plays from the 3 yard line to score a TD and they throw on all 3 plays.

Someone is just being stubborn and refusing to acknowledge that they should have run on first down, so they tripled down and make themselves look even more foolish.

Pipken is the best QB in Montreal right now.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Rick Campbell is an idiot. Down 10 with just over 2 minutes to go. 3rd and goal from the 3. He needs a field goal and a touchdown to tie. He goes for it instead of kicking the field goal. They fail and it’s game over. I can’t believe how bad the coaching in this league is now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Rick Campbell is an idiot. Down 10 with just over 2 minutes to go. 3rd and goal from the 3. He needs a field goal and a touchdown to tie. He goes for it instead of kicking the field goal. They fail and it’s game over. I can’t believe how bad the coaching in this league is now.

His OC was a bigger idiot for calling stupid throwing plays on all 3 downs.

Also I guess we may need to give the Esks more credit for beating the Als with Pipken.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Never forget that Rick Campbell blitzed on the Milt Stegall play, on what was essentially 3rd-and-100 with four seconds left.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Never forget that Rick Campbell blitzed on the Milt Stegall play, on what was essentially 3rd-and-100 with four seconds left.

It’s the coaches job to put them in a spot to give them the best opportunity to win. If they don’t execute it’s on them. Kick the field goal and they still have a chance to win. Fail on third down and it’s over. Extend the game as long as possible. Let the players determine their fate. It seems like every week I’m commenting on terrible coaching decisions. I’m not talking about something arbitrary like play calling either. Often those decisions can be debated and an argument can be made for or against. I’m talking about basic things like what we saw tonight or coaches that don’t know when they should be going for two point converts. I’ve seen more indefensible coaching decisions this season by multiple coaches than I can ever remember before.

I was at that game where Stegall went 100 yards. I’ve never seen so many dumbfounded people in one place before. Everybody left that game in complete shock.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His OC was a bigger idiot for calling stupid throwing plays on all 3 downs.

Also I guess we may need to give the Esks more credit for beating the Als with Pipken.

My head was exploding when this happened. My exact thought being does intelligent life exist in the CFL.

How on Earth do you make poor percentage passes 3 times with the ball on the 3yd line? The play calls, even as passing plays go, were bizarre. you need 3 yds and too of the balls were deep bombs, again, from the 3yd line. If you are going to pass where was the quick hitter, where was the simple pass to the side, where was the option play to the RB coming out of the backfield?

The coach called 3 long passes from the 3yd line. Just unbelievable.

I think the only justification (and it isn't) is a coach saying we tried to do what the opposition would least expect haha, maybe they should have made an onside kick.....I'm being sarcastic ;)

In anycase I'm comforted in knowing Maas isn't the only mentally flawed coach. But all the worst mental defectives all seem to end up here or have been here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s the coaches job to put them in a spot to give them the best opportunity to win. If they don’t execute it’s on them. Kick the field goal and they still have a chance to win. Fail on third down and it’s over. Extend the game as long as possible. Let the players determine their fate. It seems like every week I’m commenting on terrible coaching decisions. I’m not talking about something arbitrary like play calling either. Often those decisions can be debated and an argument can be made for or against. I’m talking about basic things like what we saw tonight or coaches that don’t know when they should be going for two point converts. I’ve seen more indefensible coaching decisions this season by multiple coaches than I can ever remember before.

I was at that game where Stegall went 100 yards. I’ve never seen so many dumbfounded people in one place before. Everybody left that game in complete shock.

No, many left angry. Angry that a coaching call could be so completely stupid in pro sport. Which Edmonton fans are often enough exposed to. Indeed we come to expect it. We're not entirely surprised when it does, so I would have to differ that shock is not one of the main things felt..;)

To wit I expect incompetence and stupidity when it comes to the Eskimos or Oilers, and I'm surprised when that isn't apparent.

That said, I'm a broken fan. I mean that melodramatically, I'm fine, but as a fan I'm obviously cynical.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
If Pasztor finally comes north and we look to trade him to Hamilton, I’d expect one of Revenberg or Ciraco to be involved in the deal.

Is there any word on Justin Senior? If we could get him and one of the Hamilton duo, both our offensive line and Canadian depth would look a lot better.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
It's already legendary. Majority of MoneyGuy's predictions were spot on. I'd even wager he'd get this one right too.
They should be mostly all be correct. If something is not for sure I will say that. Such this latest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad