Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Actually the Esks are more undisciplined than the Als this season overall. Worst team in the CFL in that regard.
In any event I think you are over stating things a bit here.

Sherman is a solid coach...he has had a pretty distinguished career actually. He didnt become a stupid coach overnight.
Still some personnel issues there that need to be ironed out but I see some good signs. Kavis reed may not be the person to sort that out.
No matter. Not really my concern.

Maas on the other hand...he made more really odd decisions in this game. That short kick after the first TD was as stupid a call as he has made this season. Taking that 5 yd penalty and letting the Al's repeat first down instead of 2nd and long (deep in their own zone) was another typical Maas head scratcher.

I dont trust Maas for a second in a big game...he has shown very little (since his major league debacle last playoffs) that he knows how to call a tight game and especially a big moment in a tight game.

He seems to be an okay OC but as a head coach he leaves a lot to be desired. I fully expect him to get thoroughly out coached by the likes of an O'Shea, Dickenson or a Jones once the playoffs roll around.
Lol Sherman is an idiot that was failing in high school football. He has been beyond useless for years

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Lol Sherman is an idiot that was failing in high school football. He has been beyond useless for years

Way too easy to look at something from a distance and then make an uninformed deduction.

I suggest you look at the details and circumstances before you judge the situation.

In any event (a little closer to home) I think Maas is a bit of a joke but it is what it is I guess.
I didnt like the Maas hire when it happened and I have seen very little (so far) to make me think that I was wrong about that.

Last edited:

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Quick TD by Calgary there, I would still take the Stamps in this game fairly easily. Here's hoping I'm wrong though

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not so easy for BLM and the Calgary offense when they aren’t starting at their 40+ yard line every drive.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Way too easy to look at something from a distance and then make an uninformed deduction.

I suggest you look at the details and circumstances before you judge the situation.

In any event (a little closer to home) I think Maas is a bit of a joke but it is what it is I guess.
I didnt like the Maas hire when it happened and I have seen very little (so far) to make me think that I was wrong about that.
Not really a distance. Everyone that follows ball down south understands why Sherman was out of work

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Gotta love watching Choke Levi trying to pass the blame to the coach on that first time count violation. It's never his fault when the Stamps lose a game

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’ve been as tough on the Esks as the next guy, but I think this season is showing that there is true parity in the West.

East is getting better too.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not really a distance. Everyone that follows ball down south understands why Sherman was out of work

A lot of uninformed fan opinions doesnt make it an informed opinion. That is evident on here every day.

Forced to listen to some ESPN radio while driving a couple of years ago I was able to hear some info about Sherman and his situation. It changed my perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoontoScott

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
My friend with whom I have a pick-em wager did.

Smart guy. :D

When I saw the Riders against the Esks it was apparent to me that they would be starting to win and win soon if Collaros was to stay healthy.

They WILL be in the playoffs and they will be dangerous IMO. Jones has that team playing solid in all 3 phases of the game at the right time of the year.
That is a dominant defense.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Smart guy. :D

When I saw the Riders against the Esks it was apparent to me that they would be starting to win and win soon if Collaros was to stay healthy.

They WILL be in the playoffs and they will be dangerous IMO. Jones has that team playing solid in all 3 phases of the game at the right time of the year.
That is a dominant defense.

Great coaching performance from Jones. He did the 2 things you have to do to beat the Stamps.

-A fired up defence controls that short passing game that the Stamps execute so well. They did this to great effect in the 1st half.
- You have to put up some points coming out of the gate because the Stamps strike back quickly when inevitably they get some chances.
-His team was fired up to play and of course, the big loud crowd helps as well.
-A great second half performance from Mitchell.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Great coaching performance from Jones. He did the 2 things you have to do to beat the Stamps.

-A fired up defence controls that short passing game that the Stamps execute so well. They did this to great effect in the 1st half.
- You have to put up some points coming out of the gate because the Stamps strike back quickly when inevitably they get some chances.
-His team was fired up to play and of course, the big loud crowd helps as well.
-A great second half performance from Mitchell.

Completely agree with all of this especially your point about the Stamps being a strong counter punching team and the best way to deal with that.
Great point.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Completely agree with all of this especially your point about the Stamps being a strong counter punching team and the best way to deal with that.
Great point.

As I figured, the Stamps offense and DD are overrated. They excel at taking advantage of a short field provided to them by their D and special teams. Make them have to drive from their own 20 and they can’t sustain drives.

Credit to Jones as a DC though. I haven’t seen BLM look that bad in the first half since the Western Final against the Esks a few years ago.

That’s the difference between a good coordinator and a bad one. A good one makes good players look great, a bad one makes average players look horrible. Cough cough...Benevides...cough cough.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As I figured, the Stamps offense and DD are overrated. They excel at taking advantage of a short field provided to them by their D and special teams. Make them have to drive from their own 20 and they can’t sustain drives.

Credit to Jones as a DC though. I haven’t seen BLM look that bad in the first half since the Western Final against the Esks a few years ago.

That’s the difference between a good coordinator and a bad one. A good one makes good players look great, a bad one makes average players look horrible. Cough cough...Benevides...cough cough.

I should watch more Stamps games. BLM looks that bad half the times I see the Stamps. Seriously. I've seen more games where he's getting frustrated and being whining ugly Bo than anything else.

lol as well at him going to the Riders bench and saying "you got nothing" lol, you lost again Bo. Shut up.

He's such a clown. If you had to decide what jackass would be QB for the Stamps it would be down to Drew Willy, Nichols, or BLM. All make me laugh hysterically. BLM doesn't get a lot done. His D and special teams give him good spots on the field frequently, all day, and he does little with it. Reilly would be putting up 40pts every game with advantages like this.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Imagine if our special teams didn't get roasted for -20 yards a possession change...

We'd be unstoppable. But our special teams are atrocious. Idk I don't think our D is bad, but it's certainly not good. That bring said, we get scored on once a game and get destroyed in the special teams field position game. It's pretty disgusting imo.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I should watch more Stamps games. BLM looks that bad half the times I see the Stamps. Seriously. I've seen more games where he's getting frustrated and being whining ugly Bo than anything else.

lol as well at him going to the Riders bench and saying "you got nothing" lol, you lost again Bo. Shut up.

He's such a clown. If you had to decide what jackass would be QB for the Stamps it would be down to Drew Willy, Nichols, or BLM. All make me laugh hysterically. BLM doesn't get a lot done. His D and special teams give him good spots on the field frequently, all day, and he does little with it. Reilly would be putting up 40pts every game with advantages like this.

BLM is certainly no clown. He's a great athlete and made a number of passes in the second half that most QB's in the CFL could only dream of. He gets a lot done to the extent that most teams would salivate at the thought of having him on their roster. When Reilly retires I hope the EE sign Bo the next day.

Nichols is certainly no jackass either. He's come back from several horrific injuries to become an effective QB.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

BLM is certainly no clown. He's a great athlete and made a number of passes in the second half that most QB's in the CFL could only dream of. He gets a lot done to the extent that most teams would salivate at the thought of having him on their roster. When Reilly retires I hope the EE sign Bo the next day.

Nichols is certainly no jackass either. He's come back from several horrific injuries to become an effective QB.

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I would vomit if Bo was our QB. Ever.

Nichols continues to be a joke.

How a guy with his pain threshold ever decided he was going to be a pro QB is any bodies guess. There he is again yesterday getting *injured* (merely falling on his arm, that's it) and he goes down on one knee twice on the way to the sidelines in agony... Man, I thought they were going to have to send out the ambulance out there as he wasn't going to make it on his own because he hurt his elbow a bit. Yet there he is after all the dramatics, all the grimaces, the going down on knees in pain and theres nothing at all wrong with him. He's throwing crisp passes on the sidelines within a minute. That's Nichols.

If you watch Nichols this kind of thing happening regularly with him. Even when he's not getting seriously injured he's made of glass. Each hit he gets up like he's expecting the fans to cheer that he's still alive.

lmao that right in the middle of am ensuing drive he bolts onto the field and takes over a promising Bombers drive by the backup, and promptly gets resoundingly booed by the home faithful who can't stand him either. He promptly screws up the drive. Its a mystery why Nichols was even inserted back into the game but Bombers fans sure didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad