Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I would vomit if Bo was our QB. Ever.

Nichols continues to be a joke.

How a guy with his pain threshold ever decided he was going to be a pro QB is any bodies guess. There he is again yesterday getting *injured* (merely falling on his arm, that's it) and he goes down on one knee twice on the way to the sidelines in agony... Man, I thought they were going to have to send out the ambulance out there as he wasn't going to make it on his own because he hurt his elbow a bit. Yet there he is after all the dramatics, all the grimaces, the going down on knees in pain and theres nothing at all wrong with him. He's throwing crisp passes on the sidelines within a minute. That's Nichols.

If you watch Nichols this kind of thing happening regularly with him. Even when he's not getting seriously injured he's made of glass. Each hit he gets up like he's expecting the fans to cheer that he's still alive.

lmao that right in the middle of am ensuing drive he bolts onto the field and takes over a promising Bombers drive by the backup, and promptly gets resoundingly booed by the home faithful who can't stand him either. He promptly screws up the drive. Its a mystery why Nichols was even inserted back into the game but Bombers fans sure didn't like it.

Try enduring the horrific injuries that he has fought through and then standing in front of a pro defence that wants to take your head off. Then you can call the guy a jackass and a coward with some degree of credibility.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Try enduring the horrific injuries that he has fought through and then standing in front of a pro defence that wants to take your head off. Then you can call the guy a jackass with some degree of credibility.

Drew Willy is waiting for your defense of him as well..jebus he might cry. You didn't come to his defense..

lmfao. Is it the expectation here that I have to respect opponent QB's now?

Anything else you'd like?

This is a sports fan board last I checked. Its OK to consider certain opponent players as worthy of scorn. The opinions on that don't have to be objective. How many Oilers fans do you think like Johnny hockey?

But seriously Bombers fans loudly booed Nichols coming back into the game. They didn't want to see any more of his two and outs. It got that bad. Nichols butthurt about it too.

FRIESEN: Bombers’ Nichols, fans, reach watershed moment

This won't go well for Nichols. It never does when you point fingers at paying fans who have a right to boo if they want to. He'll get more of it now.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
This from the Bombers own board; (so I find it a bit odd I should be nice about what a jackarse he is on this board)

But this is well done;)

OK I admit, I lmao when Bombers fans were loudly booing Nichols return to the game. I know I'm not alone.. I never boo home team players, but it was funny anyway.

Sources confirm that Matt Nichols has been moved to the 6-game injured list with hurt feelings.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Drew Willy is waiting for your defense of him as well..jebus he might cry. You didn't come to his defense..

lmfao. Is it the expectation here that I have to respect opponent QB's now?

Anything else you'd like?

This is a sports fan board last I checked. Its OK to consider certain opponent players as worthy of scorn. The opinions on that don't have to be objective. How many Oilers fans do you think like Johnny hockey?

But seriously Bombers fans loudly booed Nichols coming back into the game. They didn't want to see any more of his two and outs. It got that bad. Nichols ******** about it too.

FRIESEN: Bombers’ Nichols, fans, reach watershed moment

This won't go well for Nichols. It never does when you point fingers at paying fans who have a right to boo if they want to. He'll get more of it now.

Can’t agree with you here, Drive.

Nichols is a good QB. In that article you linked, all of his teammates disliked the booing too. If anything, he’s probably going to be more respected in that locker room now for speaking up. No professional athlete likes their own fans booing them.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Can’t agree with you here, Drive.

Nichols is a good QB. In that article you linked, all of his teammates disliked the booing too. If anything, he’s probably going to be more respected in that locker room now for speaking up. No professional athlete likes their own fans booing them.

I meant that he will get booed more now. Winnipeg fans are every bit as feisty as Edmonton fans. I don't like Nichols, didn't like him here and disliked him more when he aired grievances about the Esks after being traded for a desk lamp and staples...

He's not a bad QB, certainly better than some of the not ready for pro time QB's we occasionally see in this league but what would Streveler really think about how that all played out. It was very awkward. Streveler is right in huddle wanting to call the play on a drive going well and Nichols wants back in. Kind of thought it was unclassy to the kid, just my own impression. You can do that if you are Reilly. But to do that and bomb the drive is kind of funny. I do think Streveler will take over in Winnipeg in time. Is it true Nichols is being paid Reilly type of money this season? lol if that's the case.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'll still take the guy with some established track record of success over the guy who runs crap defenses everywhere he goes. Players can have bad games and make their mark look really good for that game; coaches can have bad schemes which makes all his players look bad every game.

true, but as much as I love Grymes, I'm not going to make excuses for his poor game. he played badly.

at least I know he'll bounce back, but I hope next time he actually wraps his arms around someone to make an open field tackle.

I'm more concerned about the poor protection Reilly had. the O-line was disgustingly bad.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
A lot of the blocking woes were due to the absence of Gable, who is a good blocker. That’s so important in the Edmonton schemes. It would have eliminated several of those sacks/pressures. Gable could have played Saturday if essential but Montreal was a weaker opponent.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
true, but as much as I love Grymes, I'm not going to make excuses for his poor game. he played badly.

at least I know he'll bounce back, but I hope next time he actually wraps his arms around someone to make an open field tackle.

I'm more concerned about the poor protection Reilly had. the O-line was disgustingly bad.

I think some complacency there had set in by the 2nd half. Didn't seem like the line was dialing up same intensity. I thought they protected better in first half, and offense executed better obviously as Reilly had 290 first half passing yds and we also did well on the ground. That this game was not over at the half is amazing.

The Als strength is probably getting pressure. They can do that. The Als D is also amazingly well conditioned. They were on the field a lot and did not completely fall apart in 2nd half. They were still competing which is amazing.

Really good game by Cooper at RB. Have to say I was not expecting that kind of performance. He was sensational and better than Robinson. Very quick cuts, anticipation, speed, acceleration. Exciting back to watch.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Man, looking out this am we really dodged a bullet. Air Quality was extremely bad overnight and hitting the highest Fine Particle manner seen thus far. Edmonton region topped out at over 300. The readings now are under 100.

If air quality goes around 6 they will play. higher than that who knows. But we were +10 just hours ago.

For a guy that was complaining earlier about the lack of information on this being distributed, you seem to have a quite informed now. lol.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
For a guy that was complaining earlier about the lack of information on this being distributed, you seem to have a quite informed now. lol.

I brushed up on it. Combine with what you and others had said earlier, and some convos, I felt I should know more about these things. As climate changes these are things that will change as well, more fires, more smoke advisories etc. This summer the degree of this being a problem took me by surprise. Does look like its going to be the new normal. Its too bad.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Break out games for both Cooper and Mitchell. Both are keepers especially Mitchell with Williams probably heading South for an NFL shot next year. The one qualifier is that we were playing a pretty dismal team tonight so perhaps you can't read too much into it.

We have quietly put together a trio of good import running backs- Gable, Cooper and Robinson. It's been a while since we had 3 guys who are this capable.

Mitchell has done this before. Matter of fact, every time he gets in a game, and has the ball thrown his way, he makes things happen. I don't understand some of the dislike on here by some for this guy, I think he may be a diamond in the rough. I'd take him over Stafford any day.

And Cooper has looked just like he did in exhibition - great.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I brushed up on it. Combine with what you and others had said earlier, and some convos, I felt I should know more about these things. As climate changes these are things that will change as well, more fires, more smoke advisories etc. This summer the degree of this being a problem took me by surprise. Does look like its going to be the new normal. Its too bad.

Not to worry. B.C. will eventually run out of forest to burn.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Mitchell has done this before. Matter of fact, every time he gets in a game, and has the ball thrown his way, he makes things happen. I don't understand some of the dislike on here by some for this guy, I think he may be a diamond in the rough. I'd take him over Stafford any day.

And Cooper has looked just like he did in exhibition - great.

I honestly can't recall any dislike for Mitchell here, Esksfans, Twitter, or really anywhere. Anyone who speaks of him talks about his great potential, he just doesn't play a lot because of Edmonton's depth.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I honestly can't recall any dislike for Mitchell here, Esksfans, Twitter, or really anywhere. Anyone who speaks of him talks about his great potential, he just doesn't play a lot because of Edmonton's depth.

I had him mixed up with some other player. A week ago my reaction to him being back in was meh. Not sure who I got him mixed up with. Mitchell has been good, just injured an awful lot. I need a program.;)

Whats with Hazelton, when is he back?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Did you watch the game? It was that much of a beatdown at all.
Alouette receivers dropped what should have been sure catches including a TD pass. If the Reilly fluke TD wasnt caught by Mitchell and an Als receiver makes a routine catch this is a much much closer game.

I think with some added time to get familiar with each other Pipkin or even Manziel will help turn that team around. They arent that far off IMO.

But it also works the other way. The Eskimos now have some film on Pipkin. He had a decent game, but if they ever get a chance to line up against him again, it could be different for him. And not in a good way.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I had him mixed up with some other player. A week ago my reaction to him being back in was meh. Not sure who I got him mixed up with. Mitchell has been good, just injured an awful lot. I need a program.;)

Whats with Hazelton, when is he back?

Must have missed your comments last week. Could be because you weren't supposed to be watching this year :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Smart guy. :D

When I saw the Riders against the Esks it was apparent to me that they would be starting to win and win soon if Collaros was to stay healthy.

They WILL be in the playoffs and they will be dangerous IMO. Jones has that team playing solid in all 3 phases of the game at the right time of the year.
That is a dominant defense.

And they somehow did it without that superstar, Duran Carter!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wouldn't sleep on Saskatchewan.

The team that beat Calgary last night can beat anyone in this league.
Sask was said to have a really good defense. Problem is their offense has problems putting up any sort of points. At the end of the day their offense really wasn't that great again. Special teams and defense won for them.

Interesting to see where they go from here.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not a big fan of BLM the person, he just comes across as a bit too arrogant for my tastes. But I think he's a very good QB. And Nichols has proven he's a solid QB in this league as well, injuries or not.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Sask was said to have a really good defense. Problem is their offense has problems putting up any sort of points. At the end of the day their offense really wasn't that great again. Special teams and defense won for them.

Interesting to see where they go from here.

I dunno how you can say their offense wasn't that great... they scored 40 and put up some 375 yards.

And with jones' D, if they can score 20 points they should have a shot to win every game.

They're certainly on the upswing, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->