Edmonton Elks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Man, hard to believe that was 45 years ago. That was the first Grey Cup game I can remember watching as a kid. I was told if the Eskimos won I wouldn’t have to go to school the next day, so I was invested in the outcome. Turns out I was lied to, Eskimos won and I still had to go to school the next day.
Your parents probably kept telling you there was a Santa Claus and Tooth Fairy as well, I'll bet.:D

Reactions: rboomercat90

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Smart move for him. Guarantees getting a paycheck this year.
Probably more than he'd make in CFL?

On a side note was listening to some radio show on Friday and they were talking about Elk and Eagles as names. I really think that if they do it right they could end up with a logo that would look pretty cool and something that I probably wouldn't mind wearing as an everyday type of shirt.

Now would they actually go ahead and make something cool like the Capitals screaming Eagle jersey? Something with an Eagle holding onto a ball?

Probably not

Reactions: bellagiobob

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

On a side note was listening to some radio show on Friday and they were talking about Elk and Eagles as names. I really think that if they do it right they could end up with a logo that would look pretty cool and something that I probably wouldn't mind wearing as an everyday type of shirt.

Now would they actually go ahead and make something cool like the Capitals screaming Eagle jersey? Something with an Eagle holding onto a ball?

Probably not

Or scrounging in a parking lot like gulls. :D

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Probably not
I'll take the "Eagles" over the others. The rest are embarrassing. While the Albany Empire is set to join the IFL (arena league football) without anyone getting wise about it. The EE president, board of nine and their stinking sponsors are responsible for this BS.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Probably not
Isn’t the point of picking a name that starts with an “E” so they don’t need to change the logo?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I cheer for the Eskimos. I don't see that here. Looks like they folded. I'm done.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
elk meat burgers, elk meat kabobs, ground elf meat nachos

nice

Elkabobs has a really nice ring to it

Gandelf nachos MMM mmmm

Elk burgers, I've had that before, pair it with a well flavoured/seasoned poutine and you're having a party in your mouth.

Someone needs to open an Elk based restaurant, I'd be the number one customer

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The elk are excited. Looking forward to hearing this during a game.

Thanks for a fascinating post.

Male elks are terrifying in rutting season, that's for sure--scarier than a grizzly if you ask any hunter.

According to wiki, a group of elk is referred to as a "gang" in the same way that a group of rhinos is called a "crash".

I guess "gang" is ok when you consider tackling. I like the announcer saying " the Edmonton gang move in for the tackle" so maybe the team will be simply referred to as the Edmonton Gang in the same way that the St. Louis Cardinals are often referred to as the "red birds" or simply the "cards". The adopted nickname is often a derivative of the original nickname. "The Elk move in for the tackle" just doesn't work for me.

I much prefer eagles to elk(s)? but I guess its time to get on with it. The real question is whether Eskimo fans will ever return in sufficient numbers to have the club survive. I wonder if the public model can still work or whether the Oilers have to backstop the club the same way that the Flames backstop the Stampeders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad