Edmonton Elks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Slightly off topic but didn’t know where to put this......Is anyone east of Vancouver offended by the team name Canucks......:naughty::sarcasm:

It is used as a derogatory term for Canadians elsewhere...........

Reactions: oilers'72

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Slightly off topic but didn’t know where to put this......Is anyone east of Vancouver offended by the team name Canucks......:naughty::sarcasm:

It is used as a derogatory term for Canadians elsewhere...........

This shit has been beaten to death so much not even the jokes are funny anymore.

Gimme back the old days where we can all together point and laugh at a football to the groin

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This shit has been beaten to death so much not even the jokes are funny anymore.

Gimme back the old days where we can all together point and laugh at a football to the groin
Agreed. This Woke shit and Covid are taking a toll on our mental state. I plan to spend the day watching a whole slateful of NFL and college games.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

The "Longest Yard" (the Burt Reynolds version not that Adam Sandler junk) is still one of the best sports comedies ever made (I guess Slapshot is the other one).

I never get tired of those hijinks in that movie and the beauty is that when you see the refereeing in that match it reminds me a little bit of the CFL.

Good Times and Great Oldies......please rescue me from 2020.

FiftyFifty

Mar 13, 2018
Anybody have any insight as to how a CFL season is to be had this year with where we are with COVID?

it doesn’t seem like a vaccine is going to immediately change things and last I heard most of us wouldn’t receive it until fall anyways.

would a pay-per-view model work for a bit of income with limited capacity in the stands? How do the NFL teams decide who gets in and who doesn’t?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Anybody have any insight as to how a CFL season is to be had this year with where we are with COVID?

it doesn’t seem like a vaccine is going to immediately change things and last I heard most of us wouldn’t receive it until fall anyways.

would a pay-per-view model work for a bit of income with limited capacity in the stands? How do the NFL teams decide who gets in and who doesn’t?

I'm pretty sure that the NFL has a revenue sharing agreement for the major network deals and for all the streaming. Mind you, they make so much money from merchandise and gambling that in person attendance is no big deal.

The marketing possibilities are so much smaller for the CFL. They will always be much more dependent on gate revenues and to be honest I don't see a lot of people attending a 2021 season if indeed there is one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why still sell it? If the name is that bad, why keep sending it out into the community? Shouldn’t it all be burned or something to help us forget?

lol

I toyed with the idea of buying some but don't want to look too much like a pariah here in the Mill Hoods.

The other thought being does an org that could go belly up any moment and is fireselling all their merchandise, I mean does any of it actually end up arriving. Do I want that org to have my credit information. Figured no.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
not liking this altered logo

The "Edmonton Football Team"

lmao.

Its like 1914 again and they don't even have a name. f*** history.

Could 2020 have gone much worse?

Also hilarious the EE is suddenly getting bigger in all the advertising. What that as a regular feature with this no name brand.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
not liking this altered logo
Don't read too much in to it. They've been marketing a more simplified, clean looking Double E logo for a wile now. Once they finalize a new name, there will a whole new advertising and marketing platform to go along with it.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
lol

I toyed with the idea of buying some but don't want to look too much like a pariah here in the Mill Hoods.

The other thought being does an org that could go belly up any moment and is fireselling all their merchandise, I mean does any of it actually end up arriving. Do I want that org to have my credit information. Figured no.

Im torn on it, I don’t want to give that organization one red cent but part of me wants to buy up thousands of dollars of Eskimos merch just to show support for the name, it would be funny when they sell out of all the old stuff and the sale prices don’t even come close to covering their original costs for all this, 12 dollars for a jersey they should be clearing over 100 on. They’re probably going to lose hundreds of thousands on the current merch and then they have to design, purchase and then market and sell all new merchandise.

It almost seems worth it to drop like 5 grand on all this merchandise and then stand outside the stadium for game 1 whenever they come back and give it all away for free.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Im torn on it, I don’t want to give that organization one red cent but part of me wants to buy up thousands of dollars of Eskimos merch just to show support for the name, it would be funny when they sell out of all the old stuff and the sale prices don’t even come close to covering their original costs for all this, 12 dollars for a jersey they should be clearing over 100 on. They’re probably going to lose hundreds of thousands on the current merch and then they have to design, purchase and then market and sell all new merchandise.

It almost seems worth it to drop like 5 grand on all this merchandise and then stand outside the stadium for game 1 whenever they come back and give it all away for free.
Hahaha that would be amazing.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Or don't buy any of their merchandise, old or new(whatever that will be). Purchasing nothing would send a strong message that fans don't approve of what they did.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Or don't buy any of their merchandise, old or new(whatever that will be). Purchasing nothing would send a strong message that fans don't approve of what they did.

After they announce the name change, I can see them asking fans to please stop wearing anything that has the word Eskimos on it, right after they had a sale to sell said merchandise to fans.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I was going to buy an old jersey or two, they were such good deals. But in the end, I will want to buy a bunch of the new swag when it comes out so I'll save my money and spend it on the new merch in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad