Proposal: Edm vs Mtl

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Nuge is 25 yrs old and thats the first year he is close to a ppg player while playing on a stacked PP including McDavid and Draisaitl... Im not interested by your softie...
Stacked powerplay? Really?

If you watched the games you would know that our powerplay is absolute shit lmao. No one shoots, the dmen can't pass the puck properly, can't hit the net with a shot. What regularly happens is Connor, Leon, and RNH try to pass the puck into the net, and then turn it over.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Brian Boyle is the type of center you get for a 2nd, not RNH. Edmonton fans aren’t overrating him.

You also don’t get young top 4 defenceman like Nurse for a single A prospect.
Boyle isnt making 6M per year... Of course, you could probably get a mid\late first for Nuge, but this is not coming from MTL thats for sure...

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
:laugh: Keep your overrated jerks...

Fair value would be:

Nurse vs Suzuki
RNH vs Habs 2nd

As a Habs fan.......no.

We finally just filled our cupboards. I wouldn’t empty them for these two. I’d rather do a minor stoernplayer plus one future piece.

So.......Lehkonen plus Brook for Nuge

Or, Poehling plus Benn for Nurse
Lol RNH would be the scoring leader on Montreal. Clueless.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You’re definitely thinking about someone else.
Im pretty aware of your softie, its like he has been playing in this league forever and is only 25... We all know what he is about and what he is made of...

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
lol it's easy to speculate, i can also say that Domi would have 20 more points than RHN playing with Mcdavid.
It’s a fact that Nuge has more points than anyone on the Habs and he has only played 15 games or so with Mcdavid. Aside from that he has almost exclusively played with combinations of Lucic, Chiasson, Rieder and Puljujarvi. Way worse than Domi’s linemates.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Oilers fans love Nuge, Habs dont, end of the story. Good luck at getting more than a mid first for this guy...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers fans love Nuge, Habs dont, end of the story. Good luck at getting more than a mid first for this guy...
We're not moving him so no point in discussing. Also, this guy would get a lot more than just a 1st rounder around 20th overall.

Young, responsible 2way 1b/2a centers come at a big premium. Especially ones that have 2 years of term on a good contract. Just because all you want to offer is scraps doesn't mean every other team would offer that too.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't think the nurse value is too far off. I'd do something similiar without the first.

The Nuge one though seems way off.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
It’s a fact that Nuge has more points than anyone on the Habs and he has only played 15 games or so with Mcdavid. Aside from that he has almost exclusively played with combinations of Lucic, Chiasson, Rieder and Puljujarvi. Way worse than Domi’s linemates.

Ryan Nugent-hopkins - Frozen Tools (In Line Combo)

RNH played a lot of ES minutes and 85% of his PP time with McDavid. He have 29 pts (of the 40 pts we can see on the site) playing with him. I know it's only stats and it doesn't mean RHN wouldn't have these pts without him, but saying he only played 15 games with McDavid isn't a real "fact", because even if he didn't start these other games with him, he played more than just 15 games with him.

Not saying he's not good, because he is, he finally found his game and that's great, I'm happy for you guys that he isn't another bust, and he would easily get a great return if he's dealt, but I don't think Mtl and Edm are good trade partners for this type of deal. Neither fan base seems to want to do this deal (Mtl undervalue RNH like we're still in 2017, and Edmonton wants a lot because he's one of the few top forward they have and you have no real reason to trade him)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We're not moving him so no point in discussing. Also, this guy would get a lot more than just a 1st rounder around 20th overall.

Young, responsible 2way 1b/2a centers come at a big premium. Especially ones that have 2 years of term on a good contract. Just because all you want to offer is scraps doesn't mean every other team would offer that too.
I think Nuge becomes somewhat interesting to a team having big goalscoring wingers like the Jets for example since Nuge remains a good playmaker, but going to a team like MTL doesnt make any sense since a soft playmaking center with a weak shot is the last thing we need down the middle... We need goalscorers and Nuge doesnt provide that... I found both proposals to be pretty insulting so thats why Im a bit harsh here, but I sincerely have no interest at all in Nuge and the asking return for Nurse is quite ridiculous as well...

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
No way in hell the 2nd deal happens.
I don't know what to make of the first trade.
Depending on your opinion of Darnell Nurse, that 1st one might not be so bad. I think there are some people on HFboards who would think that's overvaluing Nurse, but regardless Edmonton can't afford to make trade.

I like the way Suzuki passes the puck, but he had no finish at the world juniors.
I know nothing of Primeau, but his stats on elite prospects look incredibly flashy.
1st rounder is no joke
and Edmonton could surely use the cap space, but not from the departure of Nurse. Just creates another hole.
A few years back I used to dream of Nurse and Weber playing on the same pairing together, but it wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. Nurse and more or less become declawed.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
As a Habs fan.......no.

We finally just filled our cupboards. I wouldn’t empty them for these two. I’d rather do a minor stoernplayer plus one future piece.

neither deal gets you anywhere close to the guy you want

poehling + a scrap for Nurse? lawl

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
As a Habs fan.......no.

Well that's a easy no.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Those are both awful for the Oilers. Poehling re future 2/3 centres while RNH is a borderline 1C and Nurse could come out as a top pairing dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad