Proposal: Edm vs Mtl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This seems to be the type of deal the Oilers fans are seeing, but the team simply can not take a deal like this. The top 3 forwards are great. It's the depth pieces that we are lacking, and you don't trade away core pieces for question marks. Give us the guys who we can get for draft picks. That's what we really need to go after.

Reactions: 780il and McWeber

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
As a Habs fan.......no.

We finally just filled our cupboards. I wouldn’t empty them for these two. I’d rather do a minor stoernplayer plus one future piece.

So.......Lehkonen plus Brook for Nuge

Or, Poehling plus Benn for Nurse

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
:laugh: Keep your overrated jerks...

Fair value would be:

Nurse vs Suzuki
RNH vs Habs 2nd
You can't be serious....

As a Habs fan.......no.

We finally just filled our cupboards. I wouldn’t empty them for these two. I’d rather do a minor stoernplayer plus one future piece.

So.......Lehkonen plus Brook for Nuge

Or, Poehling plus Benn for Nurse
Again, you've got to be f***ing kidding me...

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The OP isn’t good for either team. Edmonton can’t move Nurse or RNH. Hell I’d offer up Klefbom before Nurse.

Montreal gives good value here. I don’t see them needing RNH as much as we do. So they say no also.

Reactions: Fenris

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
AHahaha I knew I would start a fire between both fan base :popcorn:

alright! So this OP confirm me that we are finally cup contender again! Woooooohh!

You realize that both the players in return are 24 and 25 years old ? Nurse was 23 a few days ago. I wouldn't consider this an All-in. It's a hockey trade fixing a position of need.

We've seen in the past that Habs keeping their high draft picks was a very good strategy; Chipchura, Fischer, Tinordi, Scherbak, Beaulieu, Leblanc, Fucale, De la rose, McCarron ( It's funny how fan's have a short memory. What did we get in return with all those prospect ? ). Now that we have Kotkaniemi everyone think drafting is the only way to rebuild. (Habs are not going to pick in top 10 any time soon) Especially if Price keep playing is A game like this.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You can't be serious....

Again, you've got to be ****ing kidding me...
I am, the last thing the Habs need is a soft defensively flawed center like Nuge... I would much rather sign a guy like Stall 7,5M X 3 next summer without giving up any young assets the other way... If we cant get anything decent on the UFA market, I would just let our kids develop, Nuge doesnt really fits in the picture...

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
You realize that both the players in return are 24 and 25 years old ? Nurse was 23 a few days ago. I wouldn't consider this an All-in. It's a hockey trade fixing a position of need.

We've seen in the past that Habs keeping their high draft picks was a very good strategy; Chipchura, Fischer, Tinordi, Scherbak, Beaulieu, Leblanc, Fucale, De la rose, McCarron ( It's funny how fan's have a short memory. What did we get in return with all those prospect ? ). Now that we have Kotkaniemi everyone think drafting is the only way to rebuild. (Habs are not going to pick in top 10 any time soon) Especially if Price keep playing is A game like this.

We arent lacking only one player to be contender. Adding good players for our best prospects would only contribute to fix a place in playoff and staying a middle team for another 3-6 years and keeping us away from the big prize. Its always tough to see prospect not becoming what we have expected but our hope to brightest future have to include players like Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Suzuki, Brooks, Romanov, Ylo-Ikonen and probably Juulsen and Primeau to join players like Domi-Drouin-Gallagher. We just needs one or 2 draft homerun a la Subban. We just have to fix our next window about when Bolts-Bruins and Leafs will start to struggling

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I am, the last thing the Habs need is a soft defensively flawed center like Nuge... I would much rather sign a guy like Stall 7,5M X 3 next summer without giving up any young asset the other way... If we cant get anything decent on the UFA market, I would just let our kids develop, Nuge doesnt really fits in the picture...
Defensively flawed.... Really?
He's 25, on pace for ~75 points, and widely commended on his good 2-way game....

Soft, sure. But he's a very very good player. A core piece in Edmonton and one of only 3 good forwards we have. He's not moving, period. Especially not for that package.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I am, the last thing the Habs need is a soft defensively flawed center like Nuge... I would much rather sign a guy like Stall 7,5M X 3 next summer without giving up any young assets the other way... If we cant get anything decent on the UFA market, I would just let our kids develop, Nuge doesnt really fits in the picture...

RNH isn’t defensively flawed. Nothing like backing up a crazy opinion with evidence showning for a complete lack of knowledge about the player in question.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Defensively flawed.... Really?
He's 25, on pace for ~75 points, and widely commended on his good 2-way game....

Soft, sure. But he's a very very good player. A core piece in Edmonton and one of only 3 good forwards we have. He's not moving, period. Especially not for that package.
Well, thats the problem, Oilers fans are so desperated that they tend to grossly overrate the few bright spots they have... You can keep Nuge, as I said he doesnt fit on the Habs anyways... As for Nurse, I like him, I think he is a good second pairing defenseman, but no way I would be willing to pay close to what was suggested above, thats an insane price tag... Fair value to me is Suzuki, I wouldnt trade Primeau alone for Nurse since Im probably Primeau's biggest fan out there and think he has everything to become a top 10 starter in the league, I have him at the top of our prospects pool...

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I'd pass on both personally. Not that value is that far off, it probably isn't.
But I'm just more comfortable with the idea of keeping our young guys, and let them develop at this point. We're not an RNH/Nurse away from beating Tampa Bay anyway.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Well, thats the problem, Oilers fans are so desperated that they tend to grossly overrate the few bright spots they have... You can keep Nuge, as I said he doesnt fit on the Habs anyways... As for Nurse, I like him, I think he is a good second pairing defenseman, but no way I would be willing to pay close to what was suggested above, thats an insane price tag... Fair value to me is Suzuki, I wouldnt trade Primeau alone for Nurse since Im probably Primeau's biggest fan out there and think he has everything to become a top 10 starter in the league, I have him at the top of our prospects list...

Brian Boyle is the type of center you get for a 2nd, not RNH. Edmonton fans aren’t overrating him.

You also don’t get young top 4 defenceman like Nurse for a single A prospect.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
RNH isn’t defensively flawed. Nothing like backing up a crazy opinion with evidence showning for a complete lack of knowledge about the player in question.
Nuge is 25 yrs old and thats the first year he is close to a ppg player while playing on a stacked PP including McDavid and Draisaitl... Im not interested by your softie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad