Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Dust Off Those #89 Jerseys. Sam Gagner in exchange for Ryan Spooner

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The Talbot trade was a poor trade but at least it saved us cap space and there is an option to let that return walk with nk harm done. A bare pass...

Spooner for Gagner is a brutal trade.

Spooner was a legit nhl player entering his prime just a year ago. This year he sucked bad. But there was an outside chance he could have regained his normal career levels.

Sam Gagner IS NOT a center. Less so than Spooner even. He is an old, slow, declining, AHL level player with no chance of regaining levels he never really had.

A potentially solid cap dump trade and then a bad trade... That makes no hockey sense. No reason for this trade. Team gets worse now and next year and some nestolgic fans get mollified.

Pure trash PR move that is insulting to anyone with any hockey IQ.
Spooner and legit NHL player, that’s a complete joke.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Accidental:laugh:

Not to mention Kassian mocked him for having a broken jaw

Ya, I'm sure Gagner sends him a valentine and x-mas present every year
Yep that was ruthless. However Sam is a grown man and looks like he is happy to be back. I’m sure it’s water under the bridge.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
So nice to have Gagner back!

gagner-fail.gif

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Ya. Why have gagner when we could have guys like Colby cave playing. 0 goals reider. Among the many absolutely useless tits that play forward for us.

Reactions: B33K33PING

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yep that was ruthless. However Sam is a grown man and looks like he is happy to be back. I’m sure it’s water under the bridge.

I'm sure Gagner will probably say jack, however, kinda funny how 2 major Oiler injuries are now reunited w/ the players who mocked them afterward. Key word being mocked.
Not the best strategy imo

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
It's either Spooner or Gagner. Take your pick. At this point, that's all the options we have right now. So :dunno:
I’m all for getting rid of Spooner but he was playing in the A, Gagner will go straight to our top 6 and pp. He couldn’t crack Vancouver’s lineup but here he’s top 6

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I’m all for getting rid of Spooner but he was playing in the A, Gagner will go straight to our top 6 and pp. He couldn’t crack Vancouver’s lineup but here he’s top 6
What is he going to do, come in and not score? He will fit right in then... Worst case he produces like what we currently have.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well he’s terrible defensively, so yeah, he’ll fit right in

So here is the deal. The Oilers trade a legit NHL 3rd line center (Strome) for a useless bubble NHL player in Spooner and then flip spooner for an AHL centre in Gagner and we should all be happy.

Pretty sure I am getting this right.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I think they acquired Gagner just so that he can remind McDavid and Draisaitl frequently that he once scored 8 points in a game, hoping that one of them pops off for 9.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
So here is the deal. The Oilers trade a legit NHL 3rd line center (Strome) for a useless bubble NHL player in Spooner and then flip spooner for an AHL centre in Gagner and we should all be happy.

Pretty sure I am getting this right.
To add, Eberle for Strome. So Eberle vs Gags, tonight we can compare lol

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad