Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Dust Off Those #89 Jerseys. Sam Gagner in exchange for Ryan Spooner

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
FML at people actually mad we traded away Spooner for literally anything. I'd honestly take a bucket of pucks for him.

Gagner cant be any worse and worst case scenario will be a wash.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Yeah players with loads of skill like Gagner fall off the face of the earth all the time at 26 years old when they have great work ethic and work to improve their short comings. That was sarcasm in case you didn’t get it.
How did he 'fall of the face of the earth' at twenty six when he had his best ever season (fifty points, cause I remember how you stated again and again that he was not a fifty point player) in 16/17?

Reactions: Oilhawks
Oct 15, 2008
Gagner isn't the problem and neither is this trade. This team needs to be fixed bad. But for now, this is a decent gamble of trading one bad cap heavy asset for another who might be a much better fit
Making the team slightly better beats making it slightly worse or doing nothing at all. Spooner wasn’t helping the team. There is no downside to this deal.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How did he 'fall of the face of the earth' at twenty six when he had his best ever season (fifty points, cause I remember how you stated again and again that he was not a fifty point player) in 16/17?
Might be related to Kassian rearranging his face..

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He was never a 50 point player with the Oilers as you always insisted.

Being permanently demoted to the AHL is as close as it comes to falling off the face of the earth. The closest comparison to Gagner is Mark Fayne for how quickly they fell off the map.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
He was never a 50 point player with the Oilers as you always insisted.

Being permanently demoted to the AHL is as close as it comes to falling off the face of the earth. The closest comparison to Gagner is Mark Fayne for how quickly they fell off the map.

Hes likely washed up but honestly Spooner was beyond useless. This move hurts no one. He cleared waivers....no one wanted Spooner. I dont mind the move.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I want to see Gagner Russell Yamamoto Puljujarvi on the same line and do snow angels together one shift... or two.

Not much to ask.

Reactions: Canada Drai

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Remind me where Gagner was playing, oh yeah, he was loaned to the Marlies. Now? Top 6 Oilers
And? You want him to start on the 4th line and work his way up?

That just means Kassian,Khaira AND Chiasson all being in top 6.

There really isn't much skill for Gagner to leap past.

Reactions: harpoon

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
And? You want him to start on the 4th line and work his way up?

That just means Kassian,Khaira AND Chiasson all being in top 6.

There really isn't much skill for Gagner to leap past.
IMO he goes to the Condors, this is a nothing trade

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I feel bad for this franchise, make 2nd round of playoffs, things are finally turning around for the Oilers with McDavid and co. fastforward a year and a half and even with McDavid. I dont think things have ever been worse. Really hope this club turns things around quickly and get McDavid into some meaningful games.
Screw Chia for setting this franchise back even further. their fans no not deserve this.

Eberle traded down to Gagner.... Wow and Ouch

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I think we got the better deal here we all have seen Sam Gagner before and at least he has the potential to do something! He had his highest totals in Edmonton. If he can put up 30 - 40 some points then we got the better of this deal. In 2017-18 seasons in Vancouver in 74 games he put up 31 points. If he gets in that 30 - 40 range I'll be happy.

Reactions: WIOiler

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Making the team slightly better beats making it slightly worse or doing nothing at all. Spooner wasn’t helping the team. There is no downside to this deal.

Yep. This is the anti Chia. We had a good team in 16/17, and we slowly lost on every move after that until we sucked again. If you take a minor win every time you do something, it makes a big difference over time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad