Proposal: EDM-STL (RNH to St Louis)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think Thompson + Schmaltz could work. Lets the blues keep their 2nd as well.

What, Why would the Blues want to keep a 2nd over their 2016 1st round pick?

Berglund+Schmaltz(unless he tanks this season) for RNH. Just that simple

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I'm a bit surprise Blues fan are that incline. I think the 2nd pick is too much. Aside that, really fair and realistic trade.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Giving up the 2nd makes me hesitate on the deal since our 1st is all but guaranteed to be the Flyers. If RNH posts a <50pt season with the Blues, then it'll be a bad deal. I'd much rather have a conditional pick tied to his production, something like a 4th that goes to a 3rd if he hits 50pts, and goes to a 2nd if he hits 60pts.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Once again, as far as this fan is concerned, the 2018 2nd is off the table. We don't have a 2018 1st.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think Thompson + Schmaltz could work. Lets the blues keep their 2nd as well.
While I do understand Edmonton's need to shed salary with the raises coming to McDavid and Draisaitl respectively, I don't see an RNH for picks/prospects/ELC's only as an option. There has to be some salary going back. RNH for Sobotka and Schmaltz would lessen the Oiler's cap hit and make it easier for the Blues to absorb RNH's contract. Perhaps next off-season?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Once again, as far as this fan is concerned, the 2018 2nd is off the table. We don't have a 2018 1st.

If Berglund +Schmaltz + 2nd was the offer for RNH, I wouldn't be too concerned about the 2nd. The Blues core of Tarasenko, Schwartz and Schenn are fairly young and have Thompson,Kyrou, Sanford, Kostin, Thomas as forward prospects and Fabbri is only 21. RNH would fit into their core nicely and be an immediate upgrade.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
If Berglund +Schmaltz + 2nd was the offer for RNH, I wouldn't be too concerned about the 2nd. The Blues core of Tarasenko, Schwartz and Schenn are fairly young and have Thompson,Kyrou, Sanford, Kostin, Thomas as forward prospects and Fabbri is only 21. RNH would fit into their core nicely and be an immediate upgrade.

yeah I would keep the 2nd in with a Berglund trade and drop it with a Sobe trade, but I always liked Sobe better

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Well its Berglund and their 2018 2nd for their 2016 1st basically.

Idk just throwing ideas, they'd want a center, and preferably with size. But they want youth to fit in with their centerpiece McDavid (2015 draft pick) so Thompson would be more appealing. And they have the depth to shelter him. Idk if it's just me, I think its a decent trade for both teams.

I think RNH would look very good in a Blues' uniform

Edit:

Just kind of curious, who would be a short-term cap dump if the Blues were looking to move out Salary.

Last edited:

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I think the Blues would really benefit from RNH as he's a top 6 center that would probably thrive in an environment where he's playing with top 6 talent. The Blues are going to need a replacement for Paul Stastny as he's getting older.

Edmonton would probably benefit because the Blues have too many 3rd line centers and they come at a fairly cheap cost. Not to mention the Blues can probably give Schmaltz to sweeten the deal.

RNH to St. Louis

for

Berglund or Sobotka, Schmaltz, 2nd.

The Blues can probably add Carl Gunnarson as well to make the math work for this season too.

Sobotka, Schmaltz and 2nd please...Id even take this one without the 2nd.

OR

RNH + 3rd for Sobotka, Schmaltz and 2nd ?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Berglund would be a good addition to EDM. Brings size, 20G and playoffs experience. Always plays well in the playoffs too. Schmaltz is a high end offensive Dman and will be a very good player imo. Adding a 2nd would make this a very attractive package.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Idk just throwing ideas, they'd want a center, and preferably with size. But they want youth to fit in with their centerpiece McDavid (2015 draft pick) so Thompson would be more appealing. And they have the depth to shelter him. Idk if it's just me, I think its a decent trade for both teams.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

there's no rational for the Blues to move TT, especially in this hypothetical where Oiler fans liked Berglund+Schmaltz. There's really no reason to keep spit balling

How about
Rnh
Benson
3rd
Simpson

For
Berglund
Kyrou
Schmaltz
Lindbohm
You're not getting Kyrou......

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It would have to be something like
To stl
Rnh
Fayne
Simpson
Paks

To edm
Berglund
Schmaltz
Kyrou
Lindbohm

Getting greedy . There are a few fair offers in here that I think helps the Oilers .

In general St Louis fans make fair offers for RNH . Unlike many fan bases that just come in to bash him .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Berglund would be a good addition to EDM. Brings size, 20G and playoffs experience. Always plays well in the playoffs too. Schmaltz is a high end offensive Dman and will be a very good player imo. Adding a 2nd would make this a very attractive package.

I like the offer . Lets get it done . Have your people contact my people . No since waiting until next year with a chance one of the players are injured

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Take the 2nd out. Both Berglund and Sobokta are quality centers with term and Schmaltz is a PMD RHS. Both are exactly what Edmonton needs.

I would love to do this . Not sure we have a player we could send St Louis to make up the cap difference and save us some . There players we could send but considering they only have 1 year left on their contracts it doesn't work . Maybe looking ahead it would benefit us to include Maroon . He is a product of McDavid and if he drops back to his 10 goals maybe we can sign him back to a reasonable deal . Other wise if he puts up the same numbers he will be looking for 4 + X5 . I think Berglund would do as well or better with McDavid

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I would love to do this . Not sure we have a player we could send St Louis to make up the cap difference and save us some . There players we could send but considering they only have 1 year left on their contracts it doesn't work . Maybe looking ahead it would benefit us to include Maroon . He is a product of McDavid and if he drops back to his 10 goals maybe we can sign him back to a reasonable deal . Other wise if he puts up the same numbers he will be looking for 4 + X5 . I think Berglund would do as well or better with McDavid

Berglund has no business playing with McDavid, he is a third line player and that is it

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Neither package is appealing, especially when Berglund+Schmaltz is accepted. You dont see Blues fans adding onto RNh

Plus it was not Nuge for Tage, the proposal was Tage and Schmaltz. The problem with either is we could not fit RNH without a contract going the other way so the point is moot

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
man we fans love our prospects don't we? Nuge for Thompson? no. Nuge for Kyrou? no. :laugh:

You don't get it. It's not that we are unwilling to part with them it's that we can't afford to load 6m into our cap without sending Berglund or Sobie.

As for the additions that were being thrown in for Kyrou they were very miniscule and do not do anything for us. There is no reason to change to that for the Blues when both sides are for the most part in agreement of the base of Berg + Schmaltz (maybe a pick added from STL) for RNH.

With that being said, yes we do love our prospects too though. This is one of the best (and deepest) prospect pools the Blues have had in a long time so ofc we are overjoyed with it especially considering the age of our core. There should be little to no turnover time for at least 10 years on our end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad