Proposal: EDM-STL (RNH to St Louis)

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Ah, that's true. I have no issue waiting though. I would counter RNH's value may continue to slide. I have faith in him though. A change of scenery may do him some good. Some guys who are "the guy" that get shelved by the new guys tend to overcompensate to remain "useful".

The only way his value slides is if McLellan does not give him opportunity... which would be dumb and McLellan has already said he expects RNH to become a bigger piece of the offence. I expect him to be a 50-60 point guy this year... barring any injuries. He is a very solid player. He should be a 2C... he just needs to put his entire game together and find an identity on this team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seeing all of these RNH proposals makes me think that unless he stinks the place up next season hopefully we get a good return for him if we are forced to or decide to trade him.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Well done OP.

I really like this offer... both look to be strong on the draw but I feel Sobotka would be the better fit for the Oilers. Plus he scored on an 82 point pace in the regular season in the NHL last year! ;)

Hmmm now that you put it that way how about our PPG Center for your close to PPG C/Winger in Draisaital seems to be pretty fair on the stat sheet :sarcasm:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Seeing all of these RNH proposals makes me think that unless he stinks the place up next season hopefully we get a good return for him if we are forced to or decide to trade him.

It's a pretty good time to have a fairly expendable young top 6 C. A few playoff contenders could really use the upgrade at the position something fierce (mainly STL and Montreal).

But then again I don't think it's really ever a bad time to have an expendable young top 6 C.

Only real comparable on the market right now is Duchene but seeing as how Sakic doesn't seem to be willing to take less than the moon is say a decent return for RNH is pretty fair to expect.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
While I do agree that t may make more sense for both teams to wait until next season, if Tavares does test the market when Stastnys contract is up you'd have to think that Armstrong would at least attempt to go that route beforehand. Although I think this would mean shipping off Bouwmeester contract somehow as well to be able to pay Tavares and keep Eddy and Fabbri.

Also even if Fabbri can transition I wouldn't mind replacing Stastny with RNH. Fits our cores age group a little better and hopefully he's completely capable of going a full season without missing about a month.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
While your offer is pretty good, it's not so good I'd jump on it right now. Drai and McDavid are dynamite together, maybe the best duo in the league, and if we move RNH we have no one even moderately capable of playing top 6 C to let that happen.

I think Drai will see more time at C than he did last season, but McLellan likes lots of centres in his top 6 and likes RNH quite a bit. I'm not sure I've ever heard a coach tell a player to be less defensively responsible and take more risks offensively before McLellan said that about RNH this offseason.

I think Sobotka could be capable of filling in as 2C tbh.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Instead of the draft pick, why not Sobotka + Berglund + Schmaltz for RNH ?

because the Oilers would be trying to save money if they were to trade Nuge but this proposal adds significantly to the cap. Sabotka makes $4 mil, Berglund makes $4.7 mil and Schmaltz makes $9.25. too much contract coming back.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
because the Oilers would be trying to save money if they were to trade Nuge but this proposal adds significantly to the cap. Sabotka makes $4 mil, Berglund makes $4.7 mil and Schmaltz makes $9.25. too much contract coming back.

Your point is valid, but your figures are way off. Sobotka's cap hit is $3.5, Berglund's is $3.85, and Schmaltz is $.925 (I know you just misplaced the decimal point).

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
It would have to be something like
To stl
Rnh
Fayne
Simpson
Paks

To edm
Berglund
Schmaltz
Kyrou
Lindbohm

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
To stl
Rnh
Fayne
Simpson
Paks

To edm
Berglund
Schmaltz
Kyrou
Lindbohm

Easy no from the Blues. Outside of RNH, those are just a bunch of spare parts that have no fit with the Blues on expiring contracts, and definitely blows our salary cap.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
To stl
Rnh
Fayne
Simpson
Paks

To edm
Berglund
Schmaltz
Kyrou
Lindbohm

Ah...and we we're doing so well in this thread. Why do you think the Blues would have any interest in moving Kyrou?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think the Blues would really benefit from RNH as he's a top 6 center that would probably thrive in an environment where he's playing with top 6 talent. The Blues are going to need a replacement for Paul Stastny as he's getting older.

Edmonton would probably benefit because the Blues have too many 3rd line centers and they come at a fairly cheap cost. Not to mention the Blues can probably give Schmaltz to sweeten the deal.

RNH to St. Louis

for

Berglund or Sobotka, Schmaltz, 2nd.

The Blues can probably add Carl Gunnarson as well to make the math work for this season too.

You'd think StL would be tired of Edm rejects.
MPS, Yakupov, now RNH? :laugh:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
To stl
Rnh
Fayne
Simpson
Paks

To edm
Berglund
Schmaltz
Kyrou
Lindbohm

Why'd complicate it from what both sides were agreeing was pretty beneficial to each side? If value is the issue change it with a pick or so. There is no reason to try and do a 4 for 4 trade.

Not to mention that I don't think we'd part with Kyrou at the moment.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
The value isn't bad but I'm not interested in RNH. I think he's a good 3C who excels on the PP but he can't drive the play, isn't really a stalwart defensively (though he isn't bad), isn't a possession driver. Again, not a bad player but he's overpaid by about 2M.

Then again, he could be a nice fit. We have strong wingers, playing with Tarasenko he doesn't need to drive the offense and he'd get the power play time he needs (and doesn't receive behind McDavid and Draisaitl). So it's an odd gamble. Probably something I'd have to look into a lot more than I did.

Then again, Edmonton is competing and probably should hang onto him until next summer when they'll truely need that cap space.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
You'd think StL would be tired of Edm rejects.
MPS, Yakupov, now RNH? :laugh:

MPS looked to have turned it around at the end of last year. I'm exciting to see how he does this season. If he doesn't establish himself this year, I don't think he ever will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->