Proposal: EDM-STL (RNH to St Louis)

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
I'll eat my shoe if Keegan Lowe ever plays a game for this team barring 4-5 defenceman injuries. I think he'll be behind just about everyone in Bako, including recent CHL grads like Bear, Jones, and Mantha - plus Ziyat Paigin.

i know that he was basically signed as an AHL players, but i was suggesting that he could be a temporary fill in up here if needed basically because he did get into 2 games in Carolina, but the odds are pretty small given the fact that Stanton and Simpson would be the first called and probably a curiosity call to either Bear, Paigin or Jones...................................then Lowe. ;)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
OK...no worries. I was reading quickly on my I-Phone and didn't realize Gunnar was a hindrance to the deal.

I agree with your points as well as the general consensus that the OP's offer was very fair. I'm not all that surprised---Oilers' fans and Blues' fans seem to get along pretty well on this board. :)

Unless Draisaitl or Parayko are being discussed. :laugh:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I don't. They have 2 top 4 defensemen healthy going into the season and I felt Talbot deserved Vezina consideration last year. Anaheim is still the team to beat in my opinion. They had 3 of their top 4 hurt last year at times. Edmonton doesn't have the depth to withstand anything like that. Everything went right for the Oilers last year and they still lost to the Ducks. I don't see that changing. Ryan Getzlaf tried during the playoffs and when he tries he might be the best player in the world.

During the season the Oilers were blessed with out any significant time lost to impact players - agreed, that's why they finished where they did. You and I must have been watching different playoffs thought. I would say the Oilers had a decent playoffs in spite of dealing with diversity. Draisaitl sick, McDavid sick, Sekera injured and them being on the wrong end of some questionable officiating. They lost in a 7th game of the Conference semi-finals to a more seasoned, experienced, more prepared, regular season division-leading team. Yes the Sharks and Ducks had their own major issues, but don't make it sound as though everything was rainbows and unicorns in Oilertopia.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't. They have 2 top 4 defensemen healthy going into the season and I felt Talbot deserved Vezina consideration last year. Anaheim is still the team to beat in my opinion. They had 3 of their top 4 hurt last year at times. Edmonton doesn't have the depth to withstand anything like that. Everything went right for the Oilers last year and they still lost to the Ducks. I don't see that changing. Ryan Getzlaf tried during the playoffs and when he tries he might be the best player in the world.

if everything went right for the oilers, they would have beaten anaheim in round 2. the officals blew calls in game 5 and i believe game 7 that led to anaheim winning. also, the ducks start this season with lindholm and vatanen out for until atleast december so imo edmonton looks better than anaheim to start the season and are the new team to beat. also imo talbot > gibson for now

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
OK...no worries. I was reading quickly on my I-Phone and didn't realize Gunnar was a hindrance to the deal.

I agree with your points as well as the general consensus that the OP's offer was very fair. I'm not all that surprised---Oilers' fans and Blues' fans seem to get along pretty well on this board. :)

Just wait until we meet in the WCF next year. :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
i know that he was basically signed as an AHL players, but i was suggesting that he could be a temporary fill in up here if needed basically because he did get into 2 games in Carolina, but the odds are pretty small given the fact that Stanton and Simpson would be the first called and probably a curiosity call to either Bear, Paigin or Jones...................................then Lowe. ;)

I doubt that we'll see Bear or Jones in the NHL next season unless it's in garbage time at the end of the season where we've either made or missed the playoffs. Paigin is a maybe since he has pro experience. For Bear or Jones to get games in otherwise it'd mean that we have a ton of injures or that they are dominating the AHL.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I doubt that we'll see Bear or Jones in the NHL next season unless it's in garbage time at the end of the season where we've either made or missed the playoffs. Paigin is a maybe since he has pro experience. For Bear or Jones to get games in otherwise it'd mean that we have a ton of injures or that they are dominating the AHL.

I'm wondering if Bear might make the team this year. The Oil have been looking for a RHD for the power play and he fits the bill. All depends on what kind of camp he has. I'm so pumped for our D prospects in the coming years. What a massive turn around.

This is even after we lose Davidson, Rienhart, Oesterle and Musil. Chiarelli's doing a great job. And who knows, maybe we can swipe Rienhart back off waivers...lol. Ahhhh... but I really don't think he's deserving of a spot anyways on the big club, so that won't happen.

I think the original proposal is a decent one, but ill agree with some, it will make better sense next off season. I'd like RNH on the team for at least one more year. The Nuge gives us a few extra options within the lineup, including trying him out at wing beside McDavid. Not to necessarily boost his trade value, but just to see him get 80 points. Or maybe he even returns to his 07-08 point totals :naughty:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'm wondering if Bear might make the team this year. The Oil have been looking for a RHD for the power play and he fits the bill. All depends on what kind of camp he has. I'm so pumped for our D prospects in the coming years. What a massive turn around.

This is even after we lose Davidson, Rienhart, Oesterle and Musil. Chiarelli's doing a great job. And who knows, maybe we can swipe Rienhart back off waivers...lol. Ahhhh... but I really don't think he's deserving of a spot anyways on the big club, so that won't happen.

I think the original proposal is a decent one, but ill agree with some, it will make better sense next off season. I'd like RNH on the team for at least one more year. The Nuge gives us a few extra options within the lineup, including trying him out at wing beside McDavid. Not to necessarily boost his trade value, but just to see him get 80 points. Or maybe he even returns to his 07-08 point totals :naughty:
did he have really good Bantam numbers?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I mean I think both fan bases realize it's a fair trade, just neither would do it.

Leon's value has far surpassed Colton's this past season. But let's not get into that. ;)

As for OP, I don't see Berglund being a fit in Edmonton so Sobotka, Schmaltz, and 2nd for RNH? I don't think it's a good deal for Edmonton to make. I think Sobotka is a downgrade from RNH (and also trading RNH at his lowest point in value isn't smart), Schmaltz wouldn't crack the top 6 with everyone healthy, and the 2nd rounder isn't enough to make up the difference.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Leon's value has far surpassed Colton's this past season. But let's not get into that. ;)

As for OP, I don't see Berglund being a fit in Edmonton so Sobotka, Schmaltz, and 2nd for RNH? I don't think it's a good deal for Edmonton to make. I think Sobotka is a downgrade from RNH (and also trading RNH at his lowest point in value isn't smart), Schmaltz wouldn't crack the top 6 with everyone healthy, and the 2nd rounder isn't enough to make up the difference.

If the Blues poster were valuing him based on last year's performance alone, they wouldn't be OK with Sobotka. Schmaltz and a 2nd.... they might not offer Sobotka straight across (considering contracts).

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

Far surpassed? Okay.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina

Makes a comment about not comparing player values, and at the same time compares player values. Never change HF.....

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

<insert clown shoes pic>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->