Confirmed with Link: [EDM/PHX] Tobias Rieder for Kale Kessy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Nice to see Tambo addressing the size issue this team has. Bob McKenzie noted that we don't need more small skilled players, and he's right.

Don't know anything about Kessy, but I like the statement this makes.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
I like Rieder, but the Oilers also have a full cupboard of top 6 players who lack size. Not expecting much from the new guy, but he looks to have similar numbers as Stortini in his Jr. career, not saying that they are compatible at all, just an observation :sarcasm:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Meh, addressing need. Who cares what the HF rankings say. I don't see a spot on this team for Reider for a long time, a guy like Kessy fits better. The Oil probably wanted to draft him before but missed out.

He played with Pitlick and Bunz on the Tigers.

Last edited:

Lewy

May 26, 2011
I don't know enough about Kessy to make a real valid argument here... but this is a terrifying trade as of right now.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I never realized Kessy has that much offence in his game. When you think about it. Where would Rieder have fit on our team? We are in more need of a Kessy/Moroz type players

Which is why you develop players like Reider then move them for actual NHL players. Not prospect for prospect swaps, this is just a downgrade of prospects.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
I'm surprised to see so many people disappointed with this trade.

When I check out the Trade Rumours and Proposals thread all I ever see is people suggesting we trade our small, skilled forwards for refrigerators with half the skill.

Just because he's big doesn't mean anything.

We traded away our #1 ranked RW prospect not named Nail Yakupov for their 6th rated LW prospect?

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
I like Rieder, but the Oilers also have a full cupboard of top 6 players who lack size. Not expecting much from the new guy, but he looks to have similar numbers as Stortini in his Jr. career, not saying that they are compatible at all, just an observation :sarcasm:

Hopefully hes a better fighter and not huggie bear 2.0 :laugh:

metallicat

Aug 9, 2003
Edson, AB
Visit site
I don't know enough about Kessy to make a real valid argument here... but this is a terrifying trade as of right now.

Terrifying? Are you serious? Please tell me you aren't serious. Is he serious people?

As if Rieder was ever going to be a difference maker in this organization.

OMG, the sky is falling! Rider has been dealt!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
5.0D? Geeeeeez.....:facepalm:

Seems like a bust just like Schultz.

I hate that Tambo gave up on Reider and is selling low on him. Not good asset management. I know that the Oilers need size but to throw away a good prospect like Reider is a little questionable.
Ah well, lets hope that Reider doesn't go all Eberle on the NHL.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Just because he's big doesn't mean anything.

We traded away our #1 ranked RW prospect not named Nail Yakupov for their 6th rated LW prospect?

Unbelievable.

Feel bad for them Oiler fans having an incompetent jackass run the show and hasn't a clue of what he's doing.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Kessy is a guy I thought we'd have interest in on draft day and was actually a little dissapointed that we passed on him (and that he didn't make it to our next pick, which coincidentally is the one we used to take Rieder).

With the obsession around here on size, I'm surprised most of HFOil isn't doing backflips right now. I don't mind the trade, but I'd say both are longshots to make the NHL anytime soon.

On a side note, this is the 3rd time Kessy has been traded since draft day. Twice in junior and now his NHL rights. Too bad we couldn't work out a deal for that other powerforward prospect the Coyotes have playing in the WHL right now:sarcasm:

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Will this guy be any better than C Hamilton doubt it . But expect us to be moving high skill for maybe can play big players. I don't like the trade.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He's big, drives the net, loves to hit, can fight, and actually has decent hands. He's the type of guy we needed to add

Will this guy be any better than C Hamilton doubt it . But expect us to be moving high skill for maybe can play big players. I don't like the trade.

Yes. MUCH. People need to look into him a bit more

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Biggest difference between Stortini and Kessy is mean streak. He's been frequently suspended for borderline to dangerous hits and he pissed off a rival Victoria player so badly a couple weeks back that the guy choked him into near-unconsciousness. He's big, he's mean, he likes to hit and he has more offensive skill then you'd expect (25 points in 31 games with Kamloops this year, after struggling with the moribund Vancouver Giants). I love this trade.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Terrifying? Are you serious? Please tell me you aren't serious. Is he serious people?

Big overagers like Kessy should score more than what he has done. You think Kessy will be a better hockey player in 5 years than Rieder? Good luck with that.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
How is Kessy any better then Pitlick or Hamilton, seems like an Abney. Dont like this trade at all

metallicat

Aug 9, 2003
Edson, AB
Visit site
Big overagers like Kessy should score more than what he has done. You think Kessy will be a better hockey player in 5 years than Rieder? Good luck with that.

I really don't know, nor do I care to be honest. If we're worried about what prospects like these two are going to do to help this team win Cups, we're in more trouble than I thought.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

It is silly. How can such a minor trade be "terrifying"?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
GOON blah blah blah...

I really wanted the Oil to draft Kessy in his draft year. He's a Cyle Clifford type of player. Tough as hell with enough ability to play a regular shift.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
How long till people start to post a videos of Kessy fighting to try and defend this trade?

edit: Apparently I'm too slow, and you're all too predictable. How about some hockey players?

metallicat

Aug 9, 2003
Edson, AB
Visit site
It is silly. How can such a minor trade be "terrifying"?

I mean I agree that it is terrifying that Tambellini is still the GM of our team, but I'm hardly scared when trades like this are made. In fact, I've already spent about two minutes more looking at this trade than I probably should have.

Pardon my grumpiness, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad