Confirmed with Link: [EDM/PHX] Tobias Rieder for Kale Kessy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
i can understand the trade. smallish fwd with skill for a big fwd.

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
This was from the FB page:

GM Steve Tambellini announces the Oilers have traded forward prospect Tobias Rieder to the Phoenix Coyotes for fellow forward prospect Kale Kessy. The left-winger Kessy (6-3, 202lbs) scored 43 pts in 60 games in the WHL this season, and is currently in playoffs with Kamloops.

MPStoEberletoHall*

I never realized Kessy has that much offence in his game. When you think about it. Where would Rieder have fit on our team? We are in more need of a Kessy/Moroz type players

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Not a fan of this trade. I actually liked Rieder and he was showing some promise. To be honest, don't know a lot about Kessy. I know that's he's big and plays aggressive but doesn't seem like he's done anything offensively outside of the playoffs this year where he has 4 goals and 6 points in 4 games

Last edited:

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Not sure how I feel about this deal, but these are the types of trades this franchise needs to make going forward. A small right winger for a big left winger, probably lose some offense in the trade.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@TSNBobMcKenzie: EDM trades F Tobias Rieder (Kitchener) to PHX for F Kale Kessy (Kamloops). Rieder smallish/skilled. EDM doesn't need that, PHX does.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I'm surprised to see so many people disappointed with this trade.

When I check out the Trade Rumours and Proposals thread all I ever see is people suggesting we trade our small, skilled forwards for refrigerators with half the skill.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
Hopefully Kessy turns out.... I feel Edmonton traded a potential top 9 forward for a potential 4th line forward...He did have more points than Moroz this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille